Is anyone else really really proud of our protesting country?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (190 posts)
  1. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 7 years ago

Is anyone else really really proud of our protesting country?

Pride is not an emotion I thought would have been very prevelant for me after Trump took office; but I find myself impressed with protestors coming out every time Trump does something silly - which happens often, LoL! United we stand, divided we fall. These are people who don't want to see us fall. This could be Trump's biggest contribution: actually uniting 'the majority' - even if it happens to be against him. If there is a 'good' reason for everything, Pride & Unity might be the purpose of this shakeup. Maybe we were all a little too cozy in our own little bubbles. What do you think?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13383577_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

They have the right to peacefully protest. That right does not include death threats, burning vehicles, assaulting conservatives. The political left, including the liberal bullies called anarchists to avoid associating them with progressivism, are a THREAT to democracy because they call for the violent overthrow of an legitimately elected government.

Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What was the excuse of conservatives eight years ago when Obama actually won the majority & electionial college, BOTH - and threatening us leeberals with GUNS both back then and when Trump was running for president. Shades of grey EVERYWHERE!!!

2. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Democracy depends on each side peacefully handing over power when they lose. The democrats saying we don't like it, we'll riot and threaten the lives of the other side, destroys that very basis of democracy.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

You're definitely a selective reader as I can only imagine most Trump supporters are.... What about the protests against Obama's LEGITIMATE popular vote & electorial college WIN 8 years ago? That's when we started being threated with GUNS by the

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Tamara, people forget the US is not a Democracy but a Democratic Republican and the difference is the election process is to pick your representatives in govt. The protesting left failed to make that their priority, and lost their voice.

5. RachaelLefler profile image91
      RachaelLeflerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Tamara is saying anything bad conservatives did to liberals is right but any protesters who damage the private property of others, threaten, harass, or harm people are always in the wrong.

6. Misfit Chick profile image74

Again, right-wing protestors after Obama's 2008 win weren't any better - except there were a LOT fewer of them, they weren't mixed in with leeberals, and their tempers (and litter) were forgiven cuz we knew they were MAD throwing a fit. So R we.

7. jo miller profile image93
      jo millerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was at the march in Washington on January 21st.  Half a million people and not one act of violence.  I'm part of the ongoing movement in my state and  we all are totally opposed to violence.  Anarchists are not affiliated with this movement.

8. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
      wrenchBiscuitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jo, The fact that the  media labels certain protesters as anarchists, or that some violent protesters label themselves that way doesn't make it so. Would U suggest that one,100, or 1,000 violent so-called Christians define Christianity?

9. Misfit Chick profile image74

The Christian religion took a huge hit with Trump. Not only could many NOT vote for him; but the differences of opinion within their ranks is a weakening factor. While I really would not be sad to see ALL religions GONE, its a sad development.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13152613_f260.jpg

The protesters are acting and looking like the US is a third world country. What exactly are the issues that the protesters are protesting? Blowing up the White House, bringing DC to a halt. Really, how is this going to help the US and Americans.
    It is more like these protesters are being played by the people that invested sp much time, money and power into trying to get Hillary Clinton into the presidency. They want the Obama legacy to be fulfilled through her. That didn't happen so they tried every dirty political trick to take victory out of the jaws of defeat.

Trump was not responsible for any of these issues. They have existed for decades, and they weren't even addressed by either party or their presidents.

Remember that both parties chided Trump because he wasn't a political professional or been elected to any political office. Now, the protesters want to blame him for what these professionals did or didn't do. That is absurd.

President Obama ignored and made a mockery of the existing immigration laws, and let in potential terrorists into the country. With him they didn't need to cross the southern US border, they were just dropped in the middle of the US to set up shop. Also remember, that the terrorist attacks on US soil were from Muslim's that made it into the country and some even became citizens. Note: how few terrorists that it took to bring the US into chaos. And that alone is more damage than is done by the terrorist attacks themselves.

As for women's rights, what did either party or their presidents, and congresses do for them. So, Donald Trump becomes president and these protesters not only blame him for the past several decades that were run by the professional party officials, they can't even give him week, much less the 1st hundred days.

It is the protesters and their supporters that should be ashamed because they make the US look like a 3rd World country.
    Their time to protest was at the voting ballot for the last several decades.
    The only message that I hear from the protesters is that they HATE president Trump. But there is absolutely no reason or basis to hate him.

Do you really think that putting Americans and the US ahead of all others is wrong. Then you need to explain that to the homeless, the job less, those on welfare, and on food stamps.

This is the tail wagging the dog. The pro politicians have cause the decline of the US since the 1970s, and bottomed in 2008, and we didn't recover during the last 8yrs

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Isn't it interesting that no one attacked my comment here?

2. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can't be bothered. Your rhetoric is so flawed, and your thinking is so warped, I think arguing with you is just a lost cause. Where was this righteous indignation about protesting when it was the Tea Party?

Agreed. Responses like this are now predictable & tired - I've responded too so many too often; and it does absolutely no good. Trump & Co only listen to Trump and/or the GOP (not necessarily both, ha!). Your crap has been heard &  reject

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Lisa and Catherine. Once again it is attack the person because you apparently don't have any arguments against the ones that I made. I won't waste my time with either you because you never even try to lalk abut the contents. bye bye

5. Misfit Chick profile image74

Bye bye. We get that you are not proud of the protestors; and we've heard the hateful BS Trump supporters keep regurgitating & have rejected it. Seeing both sides is HARD & ANY type of extremism is harmful. Can't see that? Shocker!!

6. My Two Pennies profile image60
      My Two Penniesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Up voted. Majority of the rest apparently can't separate ideology from reality. I'd hate to live in the twisted fantasy land they think is real...

7. Rosie writes profile image82
      Rosie writesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

bradmasterOCccal, thank you for your most eloquent response.  I think you make the most intelligent comments here and your words are not angry like most, they are just logical and sensible.

8. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"President Obama ignored and made a mockery of the existing immigration laws, and let in potential terrorists into the country".  Yes he did.  Many of our friends on the left celebrated this. Sad.  Tempting subject for an article. Thanks.

9. Charlu profile image77
      Charluposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Protesters should never be violent, but labeling all protesters as one isn't   right either.  If this was just a smidgen  of things Trump has done there would still be protests, but he has gone to far!  Protests brought many civil rights

10. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Blowing up the White House" is not a fair or accurate descrption of the millions who protested peacefully. It was a comment by one obnoxious celebrity.

If we want rational debates, let's avoid the inflammatory rhetoric.

11. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
      wba108@yahoo.composted 7 years agoin reply to this

bradmaster- Brilliant insights, This kind of thuggish behavior is found in Banana Republic's when their corrupt status quo is threatened

4. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 7 years ago

SO proud today, of protesters at DFW airport. It was a peaceful protest that went on all night, and when the final detainee was released this evening, the folks who put out the call thanked everyone, including the police, and asked people to leave the terminal cleaner than they found it.

In Texas, for God's sake. Hundreds of people, standing up for Muslim detainees, all night long. IN TEXAS.

So freaking proud.

1. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

I am sure that is a comfort to all the homeless people in the US. And I am also comforted that people on food stamps and without jobs in America feel like you do. How sad. Take care of our own, what happened to that America. You killed it.

3. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's not either or Brad. We can help refugees, and those at home, if we are willing to do so. And honestly, your guy is intent on cutting social programs. Are you really willing to help them, or just using them today to make a point?

4. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting that no one protested when Obama blocked Muslim refugees in 2011 when the State Department admitted whoops, we might have let in some terrorists.

Maybe we did. If they R waiting 4 the perfect timing to hit us, Trump's mouth & insults against them must be uber-motivating for them. If U think Trump is going to keep them out with his stunt, you're wrong. We have PLENTY of angry Muslims, now.

6. profile image0

Catherine: I don't like Trump, but at least he SEEMS to want stronger border security. And true, we'll never be 100% secure, but we can do so much better than we did under Obummer and Bush.

7. Misfit Chick profile image74

Maybe. But we could have done it without a hate-normalizing president.

5. Dean Traylor profile image92
    Dean Traylorposted 7 years ago

If there's a silver lining to the Trump presidency, it's that people are finally getting out there to let their voices be heard. As civil liberties get chipped away and nobody speaks up, we stand a chance to lose them for good.

For me, I'm glad to see people are protesting these moves. This is what democracy is all about.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with this, and hope protests in future are mostly non-violent.

2. Misfit Chick profile image74

+++!

3. My Two Pennies profile image60

Picking this clown as the top answer just sums it all up, doesn't it....

4. Dean Traylor profile image92
      Dean Traylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh my penny worth did I hurt your feelings,, again?

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

MTP, I'll bet they would pick your answer as "best answer" over at Stormfront.

6. Dean Traylor profile image92

Wrench, MTP is just a classless hack who couldn't write directions to get out of a paper bag. He likes to bully others to hide the fact that he can't write anything without over-wrought cliches and hokey conjectures to justify the fantasy he lives in

7. lisaoneil71 profile image58
      lisaoneil71posted 7 years agoin reply to this

right

8. My Two Pennies profile image60

Funny to see your tantrum continuing Dean Traylor. A "teacher," who adds nothing more than talking pts, like "Muslim Ban," but embarrassingly can only deflect and lacks the ability to support his arguments. Still waiting on that explanation. Clueless

9. Dean Traylor profile image92

You're a special brand of s***d, My Two Panties. You responded to me because you're having a tantrum. Anyway http://hubpages.com/politics/Angry-Writ … ration-Ban ....enuff said. PS how's that Socratic Method working for you?

10. My Two Pennies profile image60

Not only are you violating HP's terms of use by promoting your hub in the comments, but showing your true classless self with that mindless dribble & personal attack. No wonder education is in such shambles with such clueless individuals involved

11. Dean Traylor profile image92

A guy who can't win his argument tries to tell me I'm clueless...go back to your Mommy's basement and apply your Clearisol and find someone one else to act tough to. And, it's" drivel" not dribble...I think that says everything about your education.

12. My Two Pennies profile image60

says the "teacher" who has to unsuccessfully write an entire hub attacking my hub, without any evidence, other than your "interpretations." Mine has numbers and data, yours has feelings and point of view. I'll say it again, clueless and classless...

13. Dean Traylor profile image92

Like I said somewhere else Pennies: You drew first blood. I merely finished it. So stop trying to play the poor, little victim. Next time, you want to dish it out, expect me to throw it back at you.

14. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Racists, Xenophobes, Homophobes, and sexually frustrated people will throw out insults like Halloween candy, but when someone throws them back they immediately start about Hubpages terms. But yes, there is a tender place they put those complaints..

15. My Two Pennies profile image60

I didn't write an entire hub slandering your work, with zero evidence to back up the garbage your insinuating based solely on your interpretations. You fail to make a coherent point & look juvenile in execution. Wrench you're the one labeling, no

16. Dean Traylor profile image92

Coreection:I had all the evidence on my side and all you had was a rambling wreck of an article that did little but disparage those who don't share your ideology.

17. My Two Pennies profile image60

What evidence exactly? Your article has none. You cut out pieces of the executive order and give opinion. I offer commentary, but have actual data. Teacher huh? As someone who has family in the profession, your work is horrendously lacking evidence..

18. Dean Traylor profile image92

If you have teachers in your family you should have had them edit your comments.

19. Misfit Chick profile image74
    20. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Spoken like a true progressive. Your State and city is being overrun by illegals and foreigners. All those cash rich Chinese will drive housing prices out of reach of average Americans. Have you been downtown where your city hall is?

21. Misfit Chick profile image74

Our housing prices have been out of reach for the average American for years. We're being overrun by HOMELESS cuz we have a nice climate & yeah - PROGRESSIVE programs & rich tech philanthropists who don't mind HELPING. Many are atheists, LoL!

6. GlendaGoodWitch profile image87
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 7 years ago

No. They are idiots smd shills.  Brainless pawns

I know you are but what am I? LoL! Trump taught his minions to act this way. I'm starting to like it. I get to call you names back & its completely acceptable! You're all RIGHT this IS fun, what was I thinking trying to be PC & respect people

2. Charlu profile image77

If ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic and will continue  to  be  until Trumps  rhetoric  and new policies  affect  you or your  family.  Good luck try walking in their shoes,  oops you might not  make  it.  Try some research.

7. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

Irrelevant... there were protests and attacks against Trump for months leading up to the election.  He still won.

I think it's obvious half the country does not support him.

What seems to be missed by that half, is that the other half does support him... and the protests, the violence, and the constant media barrage does nothing to make that support waiver, it just makes them dig in their heels and focus in on 2018 election time.

I don't know if the riots and violence lose your side any votes or not, but I am pretty confident it isn't winning you any that weren't already in your corner.

1. jo miller profile image93
      jo millerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You have your facts wrong.  Half of the country doesn't support him.  Or perhaps these are alternative facts.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trust me jo... it is going to be the same in 2018 that is was in 2010, 2014, 2016... the majority of Americans (slightly more than half) are sick of the push toward left extremes, the added taxations (Obamacare) etc. and will continue to vote Reps in

The few people who voted either really REALLY wanted that person to win or the other one to lose. The 60% who didn't vote couldn't stand either. Many are protesting, appauled by Trump & his Cabinet; AND he has lost many of his own voters.

4. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mostly, there is no proof that he has lost any of his supporters, none... but I haven't seen the anti-Trump Reps coming around... yet... but they are disgusted by the constant attacks/protests and also the obstructionism in Congress, so it may come.

LoL! Expect the obstructionism to continue, we learned it from the GOP over the last 8 years. You haven't seen anti-Trump comments (& apologies) from his voters? I've collected some. Gov should NEVER be 'just them or us'. It should be bipartisan.

8. Rock Artist profile image70
    Rock Artistposted 7 years ago

First of all it's a temporary ban, second of all Obama was the originalist on this ban and Trump is just enforcing it now we have to close our borders to find out who in this country is out to harm us we want to let people in that share our values as a society and a nation. Like trumps at the wall is going to have a big beautiful door for people who come in the right way but not for people who want to harm Americans. Americans being people that live in this country here legally. So why don't you all educate yourself on the protest before you go around saying that it's a great thing. I think there's been a lot of violent protests and that's what's been brought out that maybe you're not looking at people breaking windows smashing cars and lighting fires in the name of peace and love. Yeah right

"educate yourself on the protest" - great idea, do that! We are protesting about many things & this is just one. Btw, don't ever listen to any protestors reasonings. It would be anti-Trump to consider a perspective not ruled by fear & manipul

2. Dean Traylor profile image92

The list was a travel restriction due to instability of those country's governments. Iran still was under sanctions at the time.
      http://hubpages.com/politics/Angry-Writ … ration-Ban      'nuff said.

3. Charlu profile image77

Obviously you are not researching everything Trump is doing such as gagging freedom of  speech, blogging, etc of federal employees and those funded.  Do your research before trying to convince others of things untrue.

4. jackclee lm profile image80

Charlu, the only gagging of speech I see is on the left. Protest in UC Berkeley to shut down conservative speech while destroying private property.

U didn't hear about the gag order for gov offices he enacted? Just sign a piece of paper (which is admittedly peaceful) instead of throwing a violent protest. No one is listening to protestors & they R the majority. Its a volcano ready to erupt.

6. jackclee lm profile image80

You mean like the gag order President Obama placed on the Benghazi affair? With all the congressional hearimgs, not one person on the ground were interviewed. How come?

No, its not like that gag order - its more like shutting down the normal flow of info that used to come out of those offices. Stuff that is seemingly innocuous. A shut-down of free speech & revamp of gov information. Suspicious to say the least.

9. My Two Pennies profile image60
    My Two Penniesposted 7 years ago

You mean the rioting? Can you imagine if the destruction, calls for revolution, assassination of the President, etc we are seeing would have been in reaction to Obama? Would you or the biased media outlets justify it still? No you wouldn't and I challenge you to make the argument otherwise. It's an irresponsible game you tantruming liberals are playing and are so proud of...The hypocrisy from the left and encouraging further division, hate, and discourse is unacceptably appalling, but in no ways surprising at all. Double standards on full display as always. Kind of like destroying over $100k of personal property and pepper spraying an innocent bystander to censor a speaker that leftists don't politically agree with at Berkeley... I suppose you can find "pride" in that too.

The hypocrisy from the RIGHT and encouraging further [beyond what Trump already did cuz that's Okay] division, hate, and discourse is unacceptably appalling, but in no ways surprising at all. Double standards on full display as always.

2. My Two Pennies profile image60

Are you that unoriginal, so removed from the reality that adults occupy, & unable to justify your warped viewpoints that you have to literally regurgitate what I said? Just ignore that inconvenient truth, right? Embarrassingly misinformed/misguid

Actually, I was pointing out how similar we R - Trump & Co. keep flipping things around that apply to them. Its hysterical & SO hypocritical. Judging people means U don't have to think or value anyone else's opinion. Its a valued Trump tactic

4. My Two Pennies profile image60

Actually we're not very similar. I don't justify violence, division, and destruction and call it "protest" or support ppl that are calling a democratically elected President or his supporters Nazis or fascists b/c I didn't get my way. That's gross...

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

MTP, Your hypocrisy is legendary. The U.S. was founded on slavery ,genocide, and thievery. That equals "violence", "hate", and "division". That's the argument U can't win because it is a fact. Get an education.

6. profile image0

Wrench: What was done to the Indians was wrong, and, to the best of our ability, that wrong needs to be righted - we must compensate the tribes.  Then we move on.

7. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Hxprof, Over 500 years later, and considering Standing Rock, when do you suppose compensation will occur? Now the master thief claims that the United States is a nation of laws. And as U can see, the sock-puppets believe in this fiction.

8. profile image0

Advocate for it and I'll back it.  That said, this generation had NOTHING to do with that.  We do need to compensate, but we don't need to live as though we have no right to be here.

9. My Two Pennies profile image60

and you're laughably uniformed wrenchbiscuit. You're warped version of history is so far removed from even the garbage they "teach" in schools, I'll take any insult you attempt as a compliment. Your "education" produces only illogical fantasies...

10. Dean Traylor profile image92

It's "UNINFORMED" not Uniformed.

11. Charlu profile image77

Kind of like the hyprocrits, and self absorbed  trusting Trump supporters  oblivious to his already numerous choices then crying about it when they fall victims to his dictatorship, losing freedom of speech, civil rights, Supreme Court rulings, etc.

12. Misfit Chick profile image74

Actually, we already supposedly 'compensated' Indigineous Peoples for our country's crimes against them & continue to do so. They don't need any more compensation - frankly, it hasn't helped much. What they need is equality & our respect.

10. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 7 years ago

If anyone thinks these protests are spontaneous they are fooling themselves.  These protests have been organized for months.  Most protesters have no idea what or why they're protesting.  Most of them are mindless puppets.

This is from Investor's Business Daily.

http://www.investors.com/politics/comme … us-at-all/

1. Charlu profile image77

Really? Have you  been  to protests and talked to the  people  there crying for help because  their families  are now suffering unjustifiable  circumstances.  Where do you  get your stats?  Interviews of those protesting, I   think not.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've been to more than one alleged protest.  I've spoken with several people.  One more clueless than the next.  Yet to meet anyone at one of these gatherings that doesn't strike me as a clueless, blithering idiot.

Really Mike what protests since the Trump inauguration  have you attended and the dates?

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

You're offended bcuz protestors organized against pre-known assaults on our country? I'm glad someone was planning, LoL! Many people went 'spontaneously' to them, I know a couple. Don't listen, just judge & call us names. That's how Trump won.

5. Aime F profile image71
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why were you at the protests? Did you just wander into them?

Many of Trump's supporters follow the protestors around so that they can continue to judge & provoke them eye to eye. They often carry their own signs (& guns) & have even hired a plane to spell out 'Trump' during one down in Australia, I

7. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

The Montgomery Bus Boycott was also organized. And so is every war and advertising campaign. So what is your point? Do U live in Appalachia and play a banjo all day?

8. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've gone to protests to talk to the people there and understand what they're thinking.  Not impressed.  I have yet to meet a protester who is articulate, intelligent and able to convey their thoughts in a coherent manner.  Most are beyond clueless.

9. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Mike, good comment. And imo, they are more like domestic terrorists trying to take down the country instead of helping the country. Socials issues won't get jobs, buy homes, feed ur family. Money given to immigrants cb given to homeless Americans!

10. Misfit Chick profile image74

Trump supporters: clueless, easily-manipulated who get caught up in the hype of the moment. We've explained, T-supporters R deaf. On this one thing, immigration, AGAIN: provokes peeps already HERE & getting angrier. Just one point, there R more.

11. Charlu profile image77

@Mike Still no dates, places, times (????) or as with Brad any of the numerous things Trump has done other than one to violate constitutional  rights, the Geneva Convention, Supreme Court rulings etc. Research not ignorant  bliss.

12. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this
  11. DougClifton profile image61
    DougCliftonposted 7 years ago

I like the direction my country is headed. Unlike the weak and spiteful Obama, President Trump is leading from in front. What did Obama accomplish? Nothing. What will Trump accomplish? Already more (GOOD) than Obama in just a couple weeks. It's a very bad time to be a Democrat, with your political Party much divided, out-of-power and in tatters. Wish I could say I feel their pain but won't because we know how they hate our President and Republicans and Independents - especially those Dems in "mainstream media".

1. Charlu profile image77

Do you have any idea of all the things he has done? Seriously, I forgot you probably just listen to the news (now censored) and haven't  researched it living happily under a dictator wanting your money.

2. Nathanville profile image93
      Nathanvilleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

From outside USA news isn’t so censured, Trump is seen for what he is; dictator in the making. For those born in aftermath of ww2 Europe its reminiscence of history repeating itself; in spite my earlier comments I can see violence may be justifiable

Thanks Arthur I wish others like you could see exactly what  he is up to and the destruction  of  this country it will bring if continued.

4. Bobby Shanahan profile image63
      Bobby Shanahanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I’m still waiting for the list of Obama’s accomplishments... a lot of hope and not too much change! Ushered in the unthinkable Trump administration. What amazing times we are living in!!!

5. Charlu profile image77

Robert keep waiting this thread isn't  about Obama it's  about protests and the things Trump has done leading to  the  protests.  If you want the Obama administration  accomplishments  ask a new question.

Trump likes Obama SO much better now, why don't his supporters? LoL! Many of his minions insist that Obama did nothing for this country. That alone proves their inability to think beyond the hate they've cultivated against anyone who voted for him.

7. Charlu profile image77

Yeah I  guess capturing Bin Laden  and the thousands of troops that came home means nothing  it's all about the terrorists.  Its like saying all cops are dirty. We obviously don't  discuss the school shootings and other bombings

8. MichaelMcNabb profile image61
      MichaelMcNabbposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Larry

12. Bobby Shanahan profile image63
    Bobby Shanahanposted 7 years ago

I would be much more proud if these same masses of people stood up to  President Obama when in 2016, he dropped 72 bombs per day. That’s 3 bombs every hour. One every 20 minutes. On immigration: he deported over 2.5 million people. That’s more than George W. Bush and more than all of the presidents throughout all of the 20th century. But he gets a pass because he is on the Left. We need to speak up for what we believe in, sure. But we cannot be selective about our outrage. We must speak truth to power anytime it oversteps. With the power consolidating in the executive branch over the past 16 years, Trump has been handed the reigns of an all powerful presidency. We must keep him in check. But we must do this because it is right. Not because you don’t like him and he is on the other side of the political spectrum as you. Give him a chance. He’s been on the job for a few weeks now. The Left must break out of their cosmopolitan bubbles and learn how to see things from the other side. We need to allow people to speak. We cannot burn down buildings and attack people to silence someone we don’t like as anarchists and leftists did in Berkeley, California the other night. We have a right to protest and make our voices heard. But let’s do that and also allow the other side to have a voice as well. We are a diverse and very different country from state to state, city to city, and town to town. We need to learn how to come together during these divisive times. IT’S NOT THE REPUBLICANS v. DEMOCRATS ... IT’S THE PEOPLE v. THE GOVERNMENT!

1. My Two Pennies profile image60

Someone who get it. Funny to see the rest of the ideologues on here patting each other on the backs and defending rioting, division, and hate. We all know had it been during Obama, the outcry from these shameless ideologues would be deafening...

Trump's minions say Obama did nothing but coddle terrorists & welcome illegal immigrants. Trump already proved what kind of pres he'll be B4 taking office & is following thru - CAUSING divisions to be deeper. He stirs up hate & makes it f

pres Obama was a closet Muslim, and he was a wimp with China, Iran, and the Middle East and he turned on our only real ally there, Israel. What has he done for the US homeless, jobless, and on food stamps, while he is fast tracking Muslim into the US

Baseless accusations based on a NAME. Right-wingers didn't trust Obama bcuz of that from the beginning; and really... I've been waiting for militants to ADMIT, "Gosh, how is it that he isn't the anti-christ?!" FEAR is what you base judgments on.

5. profile image0

There is a big different between deporting people legally and doing so illegally. There also is a big difference in dropping bombs for a war that you inherited and are trying to exit and the one that Bush started.

Obama got no pass on anything.

13. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

The silver lining in this election of 2016 is exposing all the groups that was suppose to be main stream...I include the media, Hollywood celebrities, academics, political pundits and liberal progressives. Wikipedia has exposed how corrupt our current systems are. It is not pretty to see how sausages are made in Washington and the news rooms.
    It is also a plus to see Trump Derangement Syndrome being exhibited across the spectrum. Among the peaceful protesters, you have the elites acting out like babies. They say and do the outrageous things which is exactly what people do when they don't get their way. Not only that, they double down on their assertion about Trump not leaving any room for the possibility they may be wrong or Trump may succeeds.
    Where are all those celebrities that promised to leave the country if Trump won the election? They are still here.
    What will they do if Trump succeeds in some of what he promised the American people?
    What will you the protesters do then? Perhaps you will protest that American is winning too much....

"They say and do the outrageous things which is exactly what people do when they don't get their way." Another flip: Trump is a master fit-thrower, LoL! If he manages something worthy of celebration, I will be at that party happily eating crow.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

I will hold you to that... haha...  At least you are not one of those suffering from TDS.

Actually, I was excited to see who would win (wrote a question election night); bcuz I ASSUMED everyone did their homework & voted the best. It was after the stats came out & we could see who & why peeps voted (& didn't vote) that cha

4. Charlu profile image77

When Trump does anything that makes sense and will truly  help the issues without jeopardizing  the  rights and lives of US citizens and its immigrants  (we have welcomed for years  to "become a citizen"), I will praise him to all listening

Trump had many opportunities to bridge divides. Hell, just stop pitting the emotions of his supporters against his opponents on Twitter would do wonders. He doesn't even try bcuz that would make his rabid supporters suspicious & he needs them.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

liberals don't do homework, they just follow their party,and its shepherds. HRC had zero accomplishments in 30 years. She had personal accomplishments but none that also benefited the country or its people.

Regurgitating the comments of anti-Trumpsters has got to be mindnumbing; although I suppose if you just CAN'T come up with your own stuff, you have to rely on people who actually THINK. *I* don't 'follow' a party & voted for Obama ONCE.

14. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
    wba108@yahoo.composted 7 years ago

Proud? These protests are just more evidence of the moral bankruptcy of the pathetic and deluded left in America. Devoid of facts, the left continues to humiliate themselves with fascist displays of bullying, vulgarity and hysterical calls for violence.

The silver lining that comes from these protests are the revelation of who the pathetic left really is and its not pretty! Also these protests are confirming to voters that they made the right choice with electing Trump over Hillary Clinton.  I say they should keep up the good work!

Not everyone who voted for Trump is a war-mongering, right-wing fanatic. There are MANY 'left' that you HATE who voted for him; and in FACT, he would not have won without them. It is the middle of the road peeps you hate. *GASP*

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

Didn't know you're a mind reader, seems you can discern my inmost thoughts!

"confirming to voters that they made the right choice with electing Trump" Yeah, that's why some of his supporters are deserting him, now: cuz they R sure they made the right choice. No worries, the pressure will stay on.

4. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

And why would they do that? I haven't heard of any Trump supporters deserting, my guess is that they never supported him in the first place.

Theres a twitter account devoted to Trump deserters; but I've collected comments from beneath news articles - including a couple heartfelt apologies. There R 2 main reasons: 1) he isn't divisive enough; or 2) filling instead of empty the swamp.

6. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

One phony accusation after another has been perpetuated by leftist malcontents. Anybody can say they supported Trump but its hard to prove.  Trump's rhetoric was more aggressive during the campaign than it is now, so why would they jump ship now?

Mostly because many people who voted for Trump were actually liberals who wanted change; but not the warmongering stuff we are getting. The 'more divisive' ones R mad cuz he didn't prosecute Hillary, as promised. Don't believe me, search.

15. WiccanSage profile image92
    WiccanSageposted 7 years ago

Oh, I'm not. Not this kind of protesting.

Because it's not really out of a place of rational or balanced thinking, fair consideration, or with an effort to seek real solutions to our problems.

It's out of a place of knee-jerk reactions, villainizing, over-reacting (often without actually understanding), polarized thinking and band-wagon jumping.

I haven't seen behavior as bad as this since the Tea Party, and sadly it's worse than they were. yikes(

This kind of protesting won't end up doing a lick of good because it's rooted in emotional reactions rather than reason. It will never bring unity, it's all about conquering.

Yet another response that could be cut & pasted into protestor arguments. We've never seen a President act so 'knee-jerkish', villainizing or be more polarizing. Who caused this chaos & how? If U R that bothered, they work.

2. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just plain jerk

Misfit Chick - If anything is knee jerk it is the liberals when they fail and they fail often because their democrat party is without a leader or a goal that benefits the country or its people. What does the democrat party stand 4 today?

16. profile image49
    mosquinposted 7 years ago

you tell me!!!  september 11 2001
    proud of that too !! ?????????

I'm proud of how we united afterwards - remember that? Its why wars are profitable: unite against a common cause, then destruction, then rebuilding. Obama struck a balance between STILL respecting the religion of Islam AND fighting extremists.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

When the rich protest 'cause they  want more money they destroy  over 6,000 people on 9/11 and blame it on Muslim Terrorists. When the poor and working class protest they march, sing songs, and sometimes destroy property. There is no comparison. FTR

Ronnie, Right, one is foreign terrorism, the other is domestic terrorism.

Drama queen - look up the words. Protests are not terrorism. Okay, maybe they are when right-wingers do it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6R-kIX4fA

17. chris7800 profile image81
    chris7800posted 7 years ago

I have to disagree with most of this. When you say you are proud of the protestors, does that include the brownshirt/blackshirt wannabes (most of them wear black, so I guess they're mostly trying to emulate the blackshirts) who destroy property, set fires, and assault innocent people? Over two hundred protestors were arrested on Inauguration Day, and many have been charged with felonies. I'd hate to think that we've reached the point where violent felons are held up as paragons of our society. As for division, I would say these protestors contribute to that far more than Trump ever has. At least he's encouraging people to come together. The only unity the protestors care about is unity between everyone who agrees with them (about half the country) against everyone who disagrees with them. "United we stand, divided we fall" only works if everyone puts aside differences and stands with everyone else, including people with whom they disagree politically, not just everyone else in their "bubble." Also, considering the anti-American rhetoric at these protests, it seems that seeing us fall is exactly what they want.

1. Nathanville profile image93
      Nathanvilleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Chris, I don’t see any evidence of Trump encouraging people to come together; he’s the one that’s causing the divisions, and he’s the one who will not compromise.  Like most leaders who act like dictators he expects everyone to unite under his cause.

It is my biggest complaint against Trump: doesn't even SORT of care about uniting this country; and has done NOTHING but divide us as much as possible to the point that it seems pretty damn intentional. I can only guess his end-goal is violence.

3. jackclee lm profile image80

He has done less to divide us than President Obama...funny how perception changes depending on political leaning...
      Obama divided us by race, by gender, by economic class...?

What a crock. How do right-wingers manage to convince themselves that everyone else is distorted? What did he do that was so bad to p*ss you all off? Oh that's right, you LIKE to be manipulated, insult people & don't respect compromisers.

5. chris7800 profile image81
      chris7800posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump encouraged people to come together in his Inaugural address, 1 example. He has moved past tensions of the election, such as backing away from his rhetoric about locking up Clinton. It is the protestors whose end-goal is division and violence.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Hillary was divisive, calling the other side deplorables. Hardly anyone went to HRC rallies and there were no protesters or rioters, although, Bernie Sanders supporters had motive.

18. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

As usual , it is only the liberal head that explodes in protest over anything  from  politics to  empty cereal bowls , ever truly think about that ?

No, cuz its an ignorant, desperate, sweeping statement that applies as much to conservatives as to people you erroneously label as leeberals. I keep telling you, its the middle of the road peeps you're mad at. Elitists R in bed with U & T-man.

When did republicans riot. or even protest.

19. mslizzee profile image63
    mslizzeeposted 7 years ago

I'm not comfortable with paid professional protestors that move from event to event creating havoc, nor am I comfortable with people that dress in black & cover the faces with black bandanas ( despite the fact it is against the law in DC,) and then proceed to break other citizen's windows and cars and property. I'm not comfortable with demonstrations that are organized by self-admitted anti-American folks who get money to burn property.

I'm not comfortable with people that spit in people's faces with whom they do not agree or carry signs that are embarrassingly sexual and graphic or riot when a speaker shows up at their college to present an opposing view.

Conservatives were every bit as devasted when Obama was elected but they quietly waited it out until they were able to vote someone in to fix the mess he made.

Am I the only one who remembers them NOT being quiet? LoL! There may be a few being paid to lead the protests like cheerleaders (someone has to start those chants). But most people R simply on the list cuz it is a topic they R CONCERNED about.

Catherine, have you seen the damage caused by these protesters, and the number of people involved in them. How can you say a few. Cheerleaders or incendiary to rioting. It goes all the way back to the BLM and anti Trump when he was a candidate.

I am not involved with BLM & Trump has LOTS of anti-Trump non-supporters who are protesting for good reasons. Maybe T-fans should stop denying everything like he does. We might get somewhere. U can't claim HALF the country as insane!

4. profile image0

I would love to see proof of these "paid protestors" from the fake news sites.

I also would love to see conservatives stop comparing a handful of extremists with the millions who are peacefully protesting an illegitimate president.

20. Karen Hellier profile image88
    Karen Hellierposted 7 years ago

Proud? No. Embarrassed? Yes. So much violence makes our country look like it has regressed, and what is the purpose of the violence? Breaking windows, starting fires does not seem helpful at all. Sorry, I am not proud at all. I think the protesters need to grow up and find more peaceful ways of expressing themselves.

Yes, I have recently been made aware that most of you have conveniently forgotten past GOP protests. Do a search to refresh your memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6R-kIX4fA NOTICE racism already existed B4 Trump played off it to win.

21. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 7 years ago

The most positive thing about these protests is that they expose the underbelly of liberal thinking, display the inherent violence beneath the 'tolerant' masks, and will inevitably lead to middle America supporting Trump even more diligently.

But most significantly, they will cement in middle Americas mindset the fact that the liberal city dwellers are opponents of unity, it will finally be recognized that this is more than a political divide, this is the straight choice between the success of the progressive socialist agenda or individual sovereign freedom of Americans being restored and maintained.

Finally we are entering a world of absolutes, where grey subjectivity no longer rules the collective thinking.

Interesting times!

1. jackclee lm profile image80

John, you are correct in your observation. Unfortunately, you will find some here in HubPages and I suspect in America as well, that will never get it. They are so invested in their own bias, they fail to see what they are doing...

2. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They will get it when (and if) Trumps policies start bearing fruit, and the political climate turns to where the MSM can no longer exist by trying to trash anything Trump to satisfy their liberal readers.

Another T-fan flip: protestors R opponents of unity, LoL! It is 'middle America' who is protesting NOT liberal Bernie-city-dwellers who wanted 100% FREE everything. & yeah, when/IF Trump starts caring about the political climate, things will chan

4. aguasilver profile image70

I do not think Trump cares on iota about the 'political climate', unless his supporters start showing disapproval, what liberals think or do will merely make Trumps supporters more determined to stop the rot.

They see us 'rot' & we see them as 'rot'. Thinking like that has the potential to move this nation into civil war. We're your neighbors & our kids go to school together. Stop viewing us (the majority) as an enemy & TRY to see both sides.

6. jackclee lm profile image80

You are miss reading the election of Trump. We are divided but not by race or gender or any of the other classes... we are divided based on ideology and world view. We have on one side American Exceptionalism and the other globalism...

7. aguasilver profile image70

You say you are the majority, but that is questionable when we take into account voter fraud... but you are a congressional republic, not a democracy, so the founding fathers rules apply, and Trump is your POTUS, so get in the program.

8. Misfit Chick profile image74

Right, bcuz American Exceptionalism (new term, neat!) requires the exclusion of the rest of the world THAT IT IS MADE UP OF. We came out of the caves & moved beyond this crap a LONG time ago. Bringing it back has been irresponsible & destruct

9. aguasilver profile image70

Obviously you missed the memo, Americas middle west decided they rather liked the message and concept.

10. jackclee lm profile image80

You have no understanding of that term. Which is why you will not undertand Trump supporters...
      Here is an explanation of American Exceptionalism -
      http://hubpages.com/politics/What-is-Am … ptionalism
      It may surprise you.

11. Misfit Chick profile image74

Trump was pandering hate speech 2 the bible/rust belts 4 the same reason McCain made Palin his vice. Again, we didn't think peeps would be so inspired by it, so we tried to ignore him & weren't worried. Any hub supporting Trump ignores & cond

12. jackclee lm profile image80

Cathrine, Can you be more lucid in your comments? I have no idea what you are saying...

13. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

aguasilver- "expose the underbelly of liberal thinking, display the inherent violence beneath the 'tolerant' masks"- Great insight

14. Misfit Chick profile image74

Gosh, but this question has really got the bloomers of T-fans in a twist, doesn't it? Hipocracy, denial & double-standards aren't doing a thing for you. Try listening, communicating & interacting with your anti-trump HUMAN neighbors if you ca

22. MovieMatt profile image35
    MovieMattposted 7 years ago

I don't think there is a majority here. Also, all these protests are based on faulty, incomplete information, and so they are kind of pointless protests

Spoken by yet another uniformed T-fan. Its not faulty or incomplete information. Trump's big mouth has been very clear since his supporters started thinking he talked neat.

2. MovieMatt profile image35
      MovieMattposted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol. Who's a trump fan? I did not vote for that sorry "man". But back to my point, what is the point of the protests??

I'm really tired of re-answering the obvious. If you're not a t-fan, then you know damn well what they are about.

4. MovieMatt profile image35
      MovieMattposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your logic eludes me Catherine.

23. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

it's embarrassing,  ridiculous and shameful.

Trump really really is. There have been other presidents in office who I didn't agree with; but I've never been embarrased about the way any one of them represents this country before.

24. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 7 years ago

I would have been very proud if American's would have protested the genocide that has taken place in and around Aleppo. But as you put it, " but I find myself impressed with protesters coming out every time Trump does something silly"...  We sat by for over five years, and literally watched over 500 thousand men, women, and children killed, mass graves were unearthed, chemical weapons were unleashed. No one protested anywhere in the world, the UN did nothing, BLM did nothing, women did nothing, we did nothing. We did not riot break windows, burn our flag, pellet a women with eggs,  where ridiculous little pink hats . No I am not impressed... Not at all, I am ashamed.  Can we ever unite or are we to far apart?  It seems we now have two kinds of people,common sense people, and people that have little sense at all.

Like I said, maybe we were all a little too cozy in our little bubbles. There are people who are concerned about those things - I've seen them say stuff on HP. But, T-fans keep knocking them down. Apparently only their version of the US matters.

25. michelleonly3 profile image90
    michelleonly3posted 7 years ago

What is happening in our country is "Vanity Protesting". The protesters of today do not have a common goal or purpose, they want to be part of something like people who brag about marching at Selma. What is happening is hysteria created by poor media speculation. Unfortunately, we no longer have a moral compass as a nation. Whats wrong has become right (killing police) and whats right has become wrong (enforcing laws).

Gosh, what a unique & unclouded view that we haven't heard before - LoL!

I see what's wrong in your world doesn't include the killing of innocent citizens by cops. It's wrong to kill anyone. Furthermore the police routinely extort money from citizens through the enforcement of immoral laws designed 4 that purpose.

26. stephenteacher profile image70
    stephenteacherposted 7 years ago

Here's what I am proud of. After Obama was elected,and rammed stuff through, complete with executive orders....we organized. We did not moan, cry, break windows, throw bricks at police, get the newsmedia to say vile things about obama...NO! We organized. We voted. We did things in a legal way. And we took back the house, then the senate, and then the white house. Along the way, we took numerous governor's and state legislatures. Nobody was hurt. Nobody closed any streets. Nobody cried and needed a day off. Amazing, isn't it? That is the legacy of the last 8 years...and it brought about Trump. Are you proud of that? If not, then you cannot be proud of what you did for the last 8 years that led the entire United States body of lawmakers to turn Republican.

Yet another reminder:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6R-kIX4fA I should have included it within the original question. You're no angels.

27. WordCrafter09 profile image66
    WordCrafter09posted 7 years ago

When the protest is peaceful, of course (I think) most Americans feel a sense of pride in the fact that there is the freedom to protest.  What I'd really like to know, however, is how many people bother to speak up on behalf of others when nobody else has already started a "cause" to follow, when there's not the back-up and camaraderie of a group to join and follow, when the "cause" is not popular or cool, when the person, people, cause and/or violated-rights involved either haven't already been laid out by someone else or else exist behind closed doors or within closed files (or one kind or another).

People need to be careful not to be fooled into thinking that all kinds of public protesting equals more than either loudest voices being heard and/or squeakiest wheels getting the wrong kind of grease.

All the rights and laws in the world mean nothing when they're only on paper and when, behind the closed doors of homes and offices, there can be so much blatant disregard/disrespect, stepping-on and/or tearing down of others who are in need of protection, understanding, and defending (and not even necessarily "defending" in terms of legal matters, but just "defending" against aggression/malice of one kind or another).

Regardless of the cause or the side, I'm not knocking protesting - at all.  It's just that so many people so often seem not to realize that what is public/public displays can so often mean so little if there is a weak core/little substance in individuals and/or groups of them.

Protesting and disagreeing-with are one thing.  Tearing down, hating, and/or malice directed at/about someone else are (needless to say, I imagine) another.

I totally agree. I'd like to think that the hateful snarl Trump & Co. instigated is beginning to settle a bit now that things are moving forward & being responded to as they are happening. It gives us something semi-constructive to focus on.

28. SwordSainT profile image44
    SwordSainTposted 7 years ago

An American now living in China watching from the outside. Its a bit ridiculous - since I am not in the country a lot I was glad to come back and vote for Trump - and what CAUSED me to vote for him was all of the histeria the media was making about him that anyone with common sense knew was a lie. I figured, if the left and the right are against him, he may actually be someone worth voting for since I don't trust either side.

So protesting someone who has no record, only been in office a month and has themed his agenda to jobs and building America only shows that many are not looking at facts but sticking to the tribal mentality of left or right.

In his first few weeks he did exactly what he promised - no other president has delivered that fast yet the left (and right in many cases) are trying their best to stop him from destroying their dual party totalitarian government by raising fake news - blaming Russia and PAYING for protesters to go out and protest. Its sad that even internationally, we know that George Soros and others are paying for these protests and many Americans are falling for the fake news and paid organizers just as they are always trained to do.

Just follow what the television tells you, get angry when they tell you to, think what they want you to, give away your rights - vote left or right and forget about the facts and your children will wake up wondering what freedom is and you will find yourself not being able to tell them when it left.

Globalism is falling EVERYWHERE . Brexit was the first, America chose Trump, Greece, France - all are great current examples of the people rising up against the one world system - thats what makes me proud.

While your response is as judgmental as any other t-fan's in here; I can certainly see how putting a kink in unwanted gov systems is a pride thing. As I've said, we could have done all this without a manipulative, hate-normalizing president.

U R living in a world of good guys vs bad guys, which is a world of make believe. I guess U never considered that 2,3, or even 4 alternatives could simply be a lateral move from one "bad" to another. There is no such thing as a good government. The o

3. SwordSainT profile image44
      SwordSainTposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A good government is what shaped the America we are now wanting to return. A Government that is for the people is a good government. If our government were to vanish tomorrow, all it would do is raise radical armies that would 'Govern' areas with fea

Despite GOP & Trump's manipulative propaganda rhetoric, our government wasn't 'bad', it is an imperfect process that is constantly being worked on. There is no going backwards. Trump inspired these protests for very good unifying reasons.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)