Hubber Poets

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

I'd like to find more poets on HubPages. Apart from the classics like Brenda Scully, CC, Janetta, Tom Rubenoff or Randy Behavior, I think there are many more who are slipping under the radar such as Hookah or Not Telling. So if you know other poets on hubpages, would you please name them for me?

I posted this in the Extreme Hub Makeover, so if you tried your hand in poetry yourself, you could even post a link to your hub.

Many thanks.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heres my favorite Poem PV.

I miss her sometimes:

I ran into my EX today

then I backed up

and ran into her again

I miss her sometimes...
      Perhaps I should stay away from Poetry...Ya think?

3. aware profile image66
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

im a poet

4. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure I'll be allowed to post it here but if you Click on "Poems" on my Profile, it's a link to quite a few of my poems.  smile

5. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lyricsingray

6. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey my name came out first wow..... where are you everyone is worried about you

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pacal has left the HubBuilding. Reasons are his own. I'll miss his comings and going. And his writing. Shame neutral

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I'm a poet too, Pacal, and I am working on one now since someone I stalk insisted that I write one.  It's not ready yet, but it's not about turkey or holidays.  It's about compassion.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, mega1. I figured you were a poet even if I didn't find proof of it. smile

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

golly, so transparent.  My poet side is a little shy lately.

1. profile image0

Well, if you mention something in a hub, don't expect people to not know it. tongue

3. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Well, I'm one too.  I agree with you Pacal, many great poets here go unnoticed.  This is a great thread to have posted.  I'll be coming back frequently to get more hubbers' names.  smile

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

i write poetry sometimes too.

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Me too. smile

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I do write poetry, I have one here on HP, some on my blog, some in notebooks...

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Poem-About-A- … -Le-Jardin

7. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago
  8. profile image0

Thanks guys. I will most certainly check your hubs out! cool

9. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I write a little here and there, you can check them out if you want to.

1. profile image0

I want to. smile

10. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Did you check out manlypoetryman?  I think all of his hubs are poems.  Also tantrum.   

Not exclusively poems, but some poems:  lyricsingray, marinealways24, poetlorraine.

11. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Paraglider.

12. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I am a poet (of sorts) too, PV. smile Also wesleycox, anjalichugh, XTASIS and many others. There are a lot of very talented poets on hubpages.

1. receptionist profile image60
      receptionistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree... I love poets... I really find them so attractive.. ^^,

13. profile image0

I'm going to read your poems now. Thanks for the links, they make it much easier to find them. smile

14. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Here are some of mine - I also have one or two published on Triond as RedElf, and on Helium as Elle Fredine wink

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writers-Blocks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Years-Ago
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Heart-Springs-II (poetry and prose)
    http://hubpages.com/hub/It-Smells-of-Spring-Today (poetry and prose)
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Cat-O-My-Heart (poetry and prose)

Thanks for asking big_smile

15. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Good to find other poets here! I only knew of a few. My favorite poem that I wrote is the one titled, Charlotte's Love. I have two hubs, each with two or three on it.

http://hubupages.com/hub/page-1-poetry
    http://hubpages.com/hub/more-poetry-2

I look forward to reading from the writers who posted here.

16. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Don't forget about Am I Dead Yet and Elena!! big_smile

Elena. may not consider herself a poet or a writer, for that matter, but her work is beautiful and amazing!! big_smile

1. profile image0

Elena, I totally forgot her. neutral And I didn't know about her poems.
      And it looks like everyone is a poet here. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well technically they may not be poems per say...but the way she writes her love letters are nothing short of poetic! big_smile

17. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

I can't write poetry but look at some of Nell Rose stuff. Nice.

18. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Check out this guy:

http://hubpages.com/profile/Michael+Achilles

Something amazing, honestly.

19. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I've only put one on Hubpages "The 18th Year".

Not ready to publish more...

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Thanks Pacal. I am finding new ones all the time, some are very good also. I do love to read them all when I can. We have great talent here on HP, not only poets but creative writers as well.Too many to mention. When I find a new one I really like that is not known I post them here in the forum, now we have a thread for thm. thanks buddy.

21. glendoncaba profile image73
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

I write a few.  This is the highest scoring one right now:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Jamaican-Hallelujah-One-Love

It is really a song that my son and I have played to a small audience.  Would love a good musician to make it into something.

Here is another one I enjoyed writing:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Dialogue

22. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

I've started having a crack at some poetry on my page, have a look if you're interested smile Pacal you've already found me tongue But thanks for attracting other poets together here! Now I have plenty of profiles to check out as well! big_smile

23. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I dabble on my "dabblings" blog - nothing impressive or artsy, just dabbling.  The link is on my profile if anyone were to be interested.  I mostly write it as a way of challenging myself to see what I can come up with.

24. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

Poetry is my favorite thing to write. I have a variety of other things on my profile as well, though.

25. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have written poems and they are definitely on HP however I have placed them along with a subject. There are two published right now.smile

26. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I've done a bit of poetry, but I've only posted two of them so far. I should get more up...

27. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

Hi This is pam (beautybabe)
    I have recently published some poems. I would love to get your opinion of mine.  My most recent one is called "Flight of the Seagull", and then I have one that is called:

"Just Joey" My Beautiful Rose.
       "Mr. Jolly   and  " The Magic of Christmas"

I have been told that it is very good. I would love more
      opinions if anyone had the time to take a look. I would
      any visits on the sites to view my first attempts at poetry.
      Thanks a lot   BB

28. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Is Haunty still here? I think Pacal is lovesick.

29. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

I have several poems on hubs here on this site, but I have notebooks full of poetry here at home.  I was writing poetry before I started writing my kids books or anything else.  I will slowly get them up on hubs eventually but feel free to check out the ones I have now if you like.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)