Which hubbers have influenced you the most?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (84 posts)
  1. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Now, I'm not asking which have helped you the most, but rather, which hubbers do you believe have had the most influence on you here - good, bad, or otherwise. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

those that have influenced me the most are a huge part of why I choose to stay here and write because they have helped me so much.

and they continue to help. I read all of relache and darkside's how to hubs, sunforged, paul edmonson, adore uninvited writer's opinions and numerous others. it's a great community of people and once you start naming people, others come to mind also!
      but I'm sure I wouldn't be here if I hadn't read the above hubbers hubs.

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

good question, many have but being new, rmcrayne helped me and showed me a great deal.  Even held my hand for my first post and hubmob, I admired her Hubs and consider her a friend now, her and Mighty Mom cause well, she just kicks ass

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Although there are many Hub writers who have showed me a lot here, both by example and direct input in forums (DS,Relache,Knowles,Misha,MW,)..when I think about the answer would be Lissie, she is everywhere! , I run into her posts and articles all over the net at a  regular basis, she uses the same avatar and I swear I run into it at new places a couple of times every single week!

It proves to me that working and writing everyday can lead to a significant presence even on this massive internet

4. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

This is a very hard question to answer but I will.

So many hubbers have influenced me but none more than Darkside and Relaches.

Those 2 are a great source of help but they also tell it like it is.  They pull no punches but yet continue to gain respect.

Many more have gained my respect like Knowles, Dame scribe and so forth.  Just too many to list.

Dale

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

It would have to be Paul Edmondson.  Without him, there wouldn't be a HubPages.  Also, I got my invite to the site from him.

6. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I would have to say (in no specific order) Nelle Hoaxie, Mark Knowles, Darkside, Sunforged, Uninvited Writer and Relache.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of these people would be in my list too, along with a few others. I can add BadCompany to that list too, although for subject matter not earning.

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I am inspired by the entire community of hubbers around me. I feel like I could ask questions of each of them and get their own take on just about everything.

I have had my differences with some, but I'm confident that as an individual person they can put aside their petty issues and assist in my learning.

I take pride in everything I learn from others.

So, with that said- I Pledge Thanks To All Hubbers!

8. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I love all my fellow hubbers and their advice and tips, but Casgil wins.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol cool lol big_smile

1. mistywild profile image61
        mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thought you'd like that

2. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

teacher's pet!

lol lol lol lol

9. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Thanks lyrics.  I'm humbled.  You are so supportive to so many, in so many ways.  You are an inspiration. 

lrohoner is mentoring me.  She inspires me to strive to deserve it.

10. DesignerHandbags profile image58
    DesignerHandbagsposted 14 years ago

I have to say that relache has been extremely helpful to me on my second tour here at Hubpages. I'm sure she's not aware of it, but I have read most of her posts all over this forum for the past 3 days, and I have learned more from her postings than the FAQ's and help section here at Hubpages.

Relache, you don't know me, but thank you for all your help and your overwhelming kindness you show to everyone. Its a true inspiration.

Jennifer wink

11. yoshi97 profile image55

Relache, Darkside, and Mark Knowles, ya took the miserable little dust speck known as Yoshi and taught him the ropes of Hubpages through all of your postings and hubs.

Currently, Sunforged is my mentor, without his knowing, as he has very strong knowledge on how SEO works through Hubpages and I listen to everything he says intently.

There's also another - John - I wish I could remember his name here. He's shown up on my radar the past few days and has had some really good incite on how to get more bang for the buck out of HP. smile

As for my inspiration to keep writing ... too many to list ... So many hubbers have brought me from a bad day to a laughter that allowed me to continue writing that I couldn't begin to thank them all.

That's why I wrote this thread ... to see to it that some of the people who work hard to make HP a better experience for all get some of the congratulations they deserve. smile

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

Dohn, Nelle, Darkside, Univited Writer, Marisa Wright, Sandra Rinck, and Sunforged, all for different, and positive reasons. some I am actually humbled by.

13. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Sandra Rinck-wyanjen-have both given me some good advice

elayne001-always look forward to her comments and posts

Nan Mynatt-Love that she has told me she she did not like one of my hubs-but also, when she does-is very encouraging

14. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Misha. I say that every single post like this.

~thranax~

15. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

hmm...okay let me think. Darkside, cagsil, yoshi, fiery, Luciendasky, drej, Mark Knowles, Misha, misty, thranax, B.C. H.C., cosette, Univiter Writer...okay yea there are too many to name but that is just to name a few. I love everyone on here even those who likes to start figths in the religion threads. Everyone influences me one way or another. And no I'm not BSing either!

Thank you CW.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome cagsil smile

16. jess can help u profile image61
    jess can help uposted 14 years ago

There are many of the hubs that I really like reading, but for me, there are two main hubs that I search for first.  It's because of the page content that I am strongly drawn to. Lyricsingray is one because my background is similar to hers as a recovering addict. the other one is myownworld because of her interests on world conditions, and suffering people. Their hubs always affect me deeply.

17. mandybeau1 profile image60
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

In terms of useful criticism and helpfulness I would say in the early days both AEvans and Cindyvine,
    in terms of a pain in the asss.. Well I'll let you guess.

18. Choke Frantic profile image69
    Choke Franticposted 14 years ago

I'm going to say Helen Cater. She writes wonderful hubs on similar topics to me and thinks about things in a different manner than me. Together, we'd be killer =]

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw choke, that is sweet of you. Your hub was one of the first I looked at in the beauty range, and it inspired me to start writing here at hubpages. Frogdropping has also inspired me, an amazing writer, and Ryankett helped me no end, along with others who have no idea. Irohner always having good sound advice.

19. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Absolutely everyone here has had a positive influence for me. It's impossible to choose but to start the list...
    - MightyMom inspires by her sheer volume
    - McRayne inspires me in her subject matter
    - GPage...with her heart
    - James Watkins...his clarity with a difficult subject matter
    - Scarytaff...his friendship
    - Ernestub and Mark Knowles...teaching me to lighten up

and the list goes on, that's the great thing about HP, everyone who participates offers something to each of us.

1. The Rope profile image61
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OHHHHH, forgot to add KCC Big Country for giving me a great sense of "how to interact" on HP.  As a great "welcomer", KCC checked out my hubs, left messages, voted, and generally got involved - and got me off to a good start.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, The Rope!  Glad I could help!  I hope everyone understands that I don't always comment, but I do read a lot of hubs and give thumbs up.

20. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Hubpages is a great community and in one way or another most hubbers influence and inspire me. KCCBigcountry really helped me when I first started so I would like to give her a special thanks smile

Thanks, Wrenfrost! Glad I could help.

21. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

lindagoffigan because I just don't see where she finds the time to write all that . . . still suspect she's more than one person

Lita Sorensen because she fanned me when I first joined and assured me that it's okay to be opinionated and assertive

and

Black Lilly because she endlessly challenges me:)

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I notice a big difference between the way the Hubs are written and the way she writes in the forums.  Plus a difference in the level of knowledge.

But that's off topic...

I don't know that any Hubber has influenced me, but I'm grateful to Mark Knowles, Darkside, Relache and Misha for sharing their knowledge so generously.  Lissie and I were newbies together but she threw herself into internet entrepreneurship and I've learned so much following her journey.

More recently I'm finding Sunforged a mine of information.

1. darkside profile image64
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I make the time to read the advice Sunforged dispenses in the forum.

I am also impressed with your sensible tips and advice Marisa.

And Frogdropping and lrohner could be the same person with the common sense approach they have towards life and online publishing.

2. lindagoffigan profile image57
        lindagoffiganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for listing lindagoffigan on Hubpages as being influential.  I am only one person and is prolific and passionate about my niche topics.  I devote a great deal of time and effort on producing quality Hubpages and have been commended on my eCPM by Misha. I am not in the process of Search Engine Optimizing and getting indexed and ranked on Google.  I am honored to have been listed for my writing contribution to Hubpages.

22. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 14 years ago

Definitely CrisA and Goldentoad when he was still around, for those of you old timers.  Good old Rallywus and Kasandra Rink as well smile

1. profile image0

YES 69 hubs, Benji! Keep it going dude keep it going!

1. Benjimester profile image87
        Benjimesterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile I'm catching up!

1. profile image0

Glad to see that Benji keep it up!

23. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

Crazdwriter and Cagsil

1. profile image0

aaa misty thanks smile you made me smile

1. mistywild profile image61
        mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you.

24. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Misha is always amusing and laid back. Lita Sorensen is a smart woman that makes good argument. I really admire that plus she has nice hubs.

cosette is very sweet too.

There are so many, and I have been so inactive that I've forgotten names. I need to get back on the ball. ^_^

25. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

The greatest influence on me finding HubPages and seeing what a powerful tool it is, is Relache.

I've long admired her for stance on quality, playing to your strengths, and getting straight to the point when offering helpful advice.

1. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely.  Relache pulls no punches, and I can say the same for you.

There are those who come and go here on HP, but the ones who stay and contribute to the community are worth following, listening to, and emulating.

26. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Enelle Lamb for getting me started at all and never missing a hub - that's constancy, my friends!

The people I tried to emulate when I first started: pgrundy, patty inglish

Paraglider for handling things with grace and humor...

ralwus like a big ol' chocolate truffle for his crusty exterior but sensitive insides...

lrohner for getting me started following the right people for SEO...

Princessa and Shirley Anderson for the HubMobs

tamtrum for audacity and courage

Nelle, KCC, MM, ripplemaker for inspiration

relache, darkside, Mark Knowles for knowledge

all the new writers that the hub Nuggets team finds every week - and the team! - Did I mention I am now one of that team? *shameless plug - sorry wink*

The list just keeps getting longer!
    Love this place! big_smile big_smile

Glad I could help in some small way.  Thanks!

27. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Funnily enough I was under the influence (pretty much) when I joined the site.

Since then folks such as Mark, Darkside, relache and Lissie have influenced me in how I hub. 

Sunforged once gave me an accidental shove and several others just jeer me along (they know who they are) my green and merry way.

1. RedElf profile image88
      RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

froggy - you and FelineProphet - how could I leave you out? sad I have your blog bookmarked! big_smile big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How lovely of you big_smile

But I'd unbookmark that bookmark. What a pile of rubbish that's turning out to be wink

28. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@redelf

'tamtrum for audacity and courage '
    You couldn't have said something that could please me most !
    Thank you !! smile

29. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

waynet has influenced me alot....but rather than blowing my own trumpet...darkside, robertsloan2, sweetiepie, relache, misha and badcompany have all inspired me in many ways and influenced me in my approach to online writing here with ideas and allsorts of stuff...and there are probably others who have influenced me too like waynet, waynet and oh waynet!!

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your YouTube videos are very inspiring as well.  The way you are incorporating these into your writing has been very innovative!

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Sweets!! hopefully there will be lots more videos to come as I'm trying to schedule a handful each week now and I want to do ones that are searched upon in the search engines to gain more views and maybe try a dvd product to sell with a little thought and planning too!

30. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I have to agree with many of the names listed here.  For me, the people I look to for knowledge are:  Relache, Darkside, Sunforged, Kidgas, Irohner, and Yoshi

I admire so many others in addition to those listed above.  I read more of you that you realize. I don't always comment, but you always get my thumbs up.

yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have a great thing going here ... I want to bump this once to give others a chance to respond as it's a wonderful chance for hubbers to thank those people who have inspired them on Hubpages.

With all the negativity that can abound on these forums, let's outshine it all with some good ole fashioned back patting and hand shaking. Carry on! smile

Oh ... and I almost forgot to thank Crazd and KCC for the kudos! I stated this thread for others, but I have to admit it felt good to receive some of the love as well. smile

31. profile image0

Not give you some love Yoshi? Of course I would you were one of the first ones on here to welcome me. And you are totally fun to chat with! You are a cool person so yes I will show my love! smile

yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah ... my young Padawan ... I will yet teach you the power of the dark side. haha!

1. profile image0

Darkside? shoot dude been there done that coropting and bringing ppl over myself lol

32. yoshi97 profile image55

You might want to stay in here where it's safe folks. An erectile dysfunction topic just set itself loose on the forums. smile

33. profile image0

I just saw that and EWWW lmao

34. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Sufidreamer, Misha, Mark Knowles, Darkside, and RKHenry

35. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

So many hubs and so many great authors, its almost impossible to mention everyone so lets just say all you crazy folks!

36. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 14 years ago

You all Hubbers are great and pretty much helpful, but as a beginer i got help from "chuck" .. Thanks chuck for your informative hubs.

37. Mike Lickteig profile image78
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

The most influential hubbers for me have been:

Waynet and Ben Zoltak, for demonstrating so effectively how words and images can be fused into a single creature called a hub.  They provided a ton of inspiration with their hubs on drawing and painting.  You are both great writers and artists, guys.

Lyricsingray and Ghost Whisper77, for writing with feeling and passion--every time they write something.  They can wring an emotional response from me like no one else, and they inspire me to speak from my soul, as well.

Ben and Ghost get mentioned here twice for continuing to read and comment on niche topics that probably bores the living crap out of them--thanks for stifling the yawns while lending your support and encouragement, my friends!

38. jayjay40 profile image67
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

Ethel Smith, Hello hello and 2uesday have helped me alot on hub pages with the comments they leave and the hubs they write. Poetlorraine by the thought provoking words and emmotion she uses. On the forums it's Cagsil, I love to read what he has to say.  Thanks everyone on hub pages, I was quite shy and worried when I started that my writing wouldn't be up to much, but you have all help me grow in confidence X X X

Thank you kindly Jayjay. smile big_smile

39. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

In regards to the forums, I would say all who have posted excellent topics to discuss, all who have participated with the spirit intended, all who have created an enjoyable atmosphere within the topics, and all who are willing to voice their own opinions.
    That pretty much means most fellow hubbers.  smile

40. profile image0

I must add how much I look up to mistyhorizon for so many things and recently wordscribe and AEvans and Blonde, I am learning so much from them

Thank you

41. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Y'all know who you are.
    xo

42. profile image0

Hokey is an inspiration to what he has achieved in such a short time.

43. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago
  44. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I have never seen him in the forums but I would like to thank ehern33 for his comments on my hubs when I first joined.  He was very inspirational and showed me exactly what kind of community I had become a part of.

45. Freya Cesare profile image78
    Freya Cesareposted 14 years ago

So many Hubbers became inspiration for me, but there are three in special list.

From religion and belief section : Nia L

From Book and Writing section : Dohn and Pintails.

smile

46. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Who influenced me in the beginning? mmmmm... that was Misha, Mark Knowles, Patty Inglish, Ripplemaker these were hubbers who critiqued, gave advice, guided and influenced me to keep on going. smile

47. Cayden Ryan profile image60
    Cayden Ryanposted 14 years ago

Internetwriter62 is probably my most influential hubber, she has made me think and taught me about hubpages, even recomemded Darkside's hubs on how to be AWESOME (props Darkside :])
    She inspired me to be more outgoing with my hubs, I wrote one on mountain dew, come on now, lol

1. Internetwriter62 profile image75
      Internetwriter62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cayden for your kind words. I guess I have made a suggestion here and there. I'm a still kind of a newbie, so like you I'm still learning.

1. Cayden Ryan profile image60
        Cayden Ryanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yet, us newbies have hubranks over 85 lol

48. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

SunSeven, Sunforged, Mark Knowles, Yoshi97 and Paul Edmondson - These people have influenced me greatly for good...Mark taught me true discipline about hubbing in the community from the onset; I'm grateful for all that though we don't seem to agree on the issues of faith, believe and unbelief system put together. Yes, I walk by faith...Hahaha.

Great people indeed!

49. yoshi97 profile image55

It feels really good to see this post still moving along. Not only does it give some well earned praise to some hardworking hubbers, it also offers newcomers a chance to get an idea of who they can turn to for help.

And with that said, I'll step out of the way and let the kudos among members to continue! smile

1. Cayden Ryan profile image60
      Cayden Ryanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!!!! lol

50. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

Somelikeitscott, AEvans, Lyricsingray, Blondepoet and Hokey to name them all would take ages but these are the main ones.
    I think that they influence everyone with their hubs they just are extraordinary people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)