What will happen if christians are wrong?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (118 posts)
  1. profile image51
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

What will happen if christians are wrong? nothing, we will just continuos the same until we die. What will happen if christian are right? The everyone that don't trust in God will be lost. look at what the Bible states:2 Thessalonians 2-8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 1 Malachi  4-3 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.

1. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

amen, haj396,  but after saying that look out
      the harlots shall attack

1. Lady LaShonda profile image73
        Lady LaShondaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is so true Exorter....Sad but true....Haj you better prophesy to these people. The Lord of host indeed said those things...

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
        the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

harlots? smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Non-christians, and atheists bent on self gratification because they lack moral guidance from a divine entity. sad * sigh *

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll wager 10 shekels your real name is Pascal.

3. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christians might be wrong about somethings, we are not perfect, but Jesus, the Son of God, is right today and forever. He is verified in the believers who has received the Holy Spirit. We know than. It's for others to find out.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, it's for you to read the rest of your book instead of basing your beliefs on indoctrination. smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christians have been wrong about so many things it's impossible that a deity is controlling them at all!  If they truly were guided by an omnipotent god they would never be wrong!

There are more people in the world today than ever before!  Where did all of the extra souls come from?  Is your god stamping them out like cookies?  He already knows who is and isn't going to heaven or hell according to your novel.  What is the point?  Is he that bored?  And why does he always pick the most illogical people to save?

3. profile image51
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

When christian use their own understanding then, and only then are they wrong. But, if they just quote what god state, without interpretation they can not be wrong.

1. Jewels profile image83
          Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But what if your understanding is wrong haj3396?  You do realise interpretation is opinion and opinions are subjective and often wrong?  When what was quoted came from the common man way back when, you do understand there was an agenda?  Your own understanding is determined by the person teaching you, you do understand that the teacher is perhaps jaded by his own understanding from the jaded teacher who taught him?

Regurgitating passages makes one a parrot, not a virtuous human being.

4. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah yeah yeah - keep stomping out the hate stuff.  We get the message, all us normal, sane, caring people will be burned up root and branch and all the total nutters will be lifted up.  Not likely I think.

I'd like to see a hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy solution myself! smile

2. profile image51

The only person calling you names is yourself. why done you love you.

5. aguasilver profile image69
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely nothing, for if Christians are wrong, then either the pantheists are correct, and we all get to be together for ever in pantheist paradise, and if the atheists wee correct, then we would all have a state of nihilism to non exist in.

If just being a nice person gets you into Gods presence, so well and good, if there were no God, nobody will ever know about it..... unless God's second death is annihilation or suspension, in which case Christ would be with His own, and the others would be nowhere, never knowing what they missed, or (even worse) being aware of what they are missing but trapped in their own disbelief for eternity...

That would be hell!

Well - the christians are obviously wrong. It is not logical to think that such as this could possibly know anything. All they really do is go around making snide suggestions that they are right and anyone who does not agree with their frankly ridiculous beliefs is going to be punished for using their brain to think.

What will happen if the christians are wrong?

Exactly what has already happened - years of fighting, snide attacks on anyone who does not conform and a complete disinterest in improving mankind. Possibly to the point of self annihilation - as some of them (case in point) actually are hoping and praying for.

That is hell. sad

2. profile image51

No hell is the grave.

6. Stump Parrish profile image58
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What if the Christians are right and there is a heaven and hell? If I were judged by God and found that in spite of all the good I had done, how I had tried to treat all people with the same respect I felt I deserved, and lived my life according to a lot of the same principles that Jesus taught Christians to adhere to, and  was still sent to hell simply because I chose to play for the other team, I would be stuck in eternity with a whole lot of the same Christians I run into daily and on the web. If I couldn't get into heaven, there is no way in hell your gonna miss goin' to hell in a handbasket.

If I am right when we die , we die and thats it, I will have enjoyed my life as much as I could evry chance I got and they will have wasted theirs worring about the next one. All that hate that is being carried around in so many Christian hearts is simply assuring them of a lifetime in hell. If I'm right their hell is here on earth, If I'm wrong, their hell is in the next life.. I gotta 50/50 shot of being done with miserable, hateful, bigoted, homophobic, animals when I die. If I do get stuck with you for eternity, I get the satisfaction of seeing the suprised and dumbfounded look on your faces, first thing every morning.

I think most Christians need to spend some serious time by themselves and get their own houses in order beforw they worry about what's going on in the house across the street.

1. profile image51

Hell is the grave, so if you die you go to the grave, which is hell, good are evil. someone have been tell you tells about death, and many more people. you need to know the truth about death? God tell me to tell you about what he states, not only the sinner, which I am, but the righteous sinner, whom ever they be.

7. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have written the truth. If Christians are wrong and the Bible is a lie nothing more than a series of stories, then you will live your life, die, go into the ground and become food for the worms.
                                    BUT

If the Christians are right, and you fail or refuse to accept Jesus Christ as your redeemer and saviour, you will end up in the "Lake of Fire" with the devil and his followers.

I am a Christian therefore for me I have chosen. Right or wrong we are born, we live, and we die. After death who knows?

8. LeslieAdrienne profile image68
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love it Haj3396.....Absolutely love it......

2. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

This argument will not work, your wasting your time.

1. profile image51

Lets pray that it done, we are loosing to many people to self.

and you will lose the rest of mankind soon. smile Information, education, ya can't keep em down! lol
        Even the bone ignorant will have to wake up soon. smile

3. Kharisma1980 profile image77
    Kharisma1980posted 13 years ago

If the Christians are wrong about Jesus being the Saviour of humankind, I suppose we'll find out who's right. But if Christ is right - notice I didn't say that Christians were right - then I am grateful that He is the one who chooses his friends. Perhaps he knows that there are those who serve him but (for whatever reason) do not know his name or are deeply offended by his followers.

1. Stump Parrish profile image58

I am an atheist and I know that religion isn't the main problem. It's the pride, ignorance amd sometimes outright stupidity of the followers of each religion. The majority of members in each religion are all good decent people you would be glad to have as a neighbor if you got to know them. As usual it is the lunatic, minoirity that causes all the problems combined with the political or religous leaders that use the turmoil for personal gains that is driving us to destroy ourselves.

Until people in America regain the ability to think and reason this crap will continue. With the steady decline of oureducational system, that's not likely to happen anytime soon.The less educated a person is the more prone, to large scale stupidity and blind allegience to anyone, is likely.  If you have any doubts about this being true, simply look at the number of people who will swear on a bible that what they hear on Fox News can be taken for gospel.

2. profile image51

A christian is a follower Christ Jesus, just because you call youself a christian done mean you are. Christian's love every body, now you can see what a true christian is.

4. Lady Buldari profile image58
    Lady Buldariposted 13 years ago

Honestly, if they are right well kudos.  if not then some will perish, all I am saying is how are we as mortal beings supposed to know what is truth and what is false?

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know in your heart what is right. 
         Follow your heart in love for self and fellow man.

And You will be fine.

Good night to all

2. Stump Parrish profile image58

I f I was attempting to discover the truth about mankind and every thing about it's history and future, the worst possible 1st move would be to select one book written by primative, herdsman, as your only source for verification and proof. Right off the bat you have set yourself up for failure by not using all available evidence. As an example...can you honestly tell me how jesus felt about atomic weapons? I know his father was supposed to be a fan of wholesale detruction but I think most Christians tend to follow the New testament. That is unless there is a homosexual that needs to be abomintated.

3. profile image51

All is faith, truth is what God state, and untruth is what man believe over what God state.

5. aguasilver profile image69
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

"All they really do is go around making snide suggestions that they are right and anyone who does not agree with their frankly ridiculous beliefs is going to be punished for using their brain to think."

Actually IF there is any punishment, it would be for using their lives in rebellion against God

Thank goodness it is all nonsense then. But thanks for proving my point.

1. aguasilver profile image69

...and who is the 'goodness' you are thanking?

"Goodness" is not a person aguasilver. Neither is "badness," or any other human expression relating to subjective judgments. I really recommend you see someone about your affliction, because your grasp on reality seems to be waning all the time. It is bad enough you have several voices in your head - now you think expressions are people?

Do these new invisible people talk to you as well? wink

2. profile image51

if God would not tell me to tell you I would not, but he tell me to tell you, to save you, if you listen, but, if you don't listen then God tell me to move on. I am not speaking to thoughts that want listen.

6. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

world is much bigger than tags called christians , muslims , hindus...please stop tagging people and let all live life as what their conscience states..for one who follows conscience no book is needed and for one who doesnot even god's personal one to one teaching can't help...

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christians have been wrong before. If they are wrong again, I think we are going to have a 3rd testament.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol name one religion which is not wrong in parts and bits...religion is answer to spiritual questions but answered by humans..no religion is perfect but it requires unbiased analysis to admit that...

1. Stump Parrish profile image58

The problem is that it is impossible to develop an unbiased opinion of any religion while practicing one. You will always have abias towards your beliefs that will out weigh logic and evidence. Not until most people step away from all religion are they able to honestly evaluate any religion. IThere is one  possible way to give an honest appraisal of a religion while still practicing a religion and that is to master the skills of critical thinking. Of course there is a better than even chance that as soon as you master the thinking skills, your Sundays are going to be a lot freer.

1. profile image51

I can not name a true religion, I am saying God and his word is right. Now from this point I have to look at the religion that closest to God and his word.

2. Stump Parrish profile image58

Why bother, it's not like they will get it right this time either. They already have good books, all they gotta do is follow the ones they got. Only thing sa new book does is make a lot of money for the book industry and gives the editor the chance to change those words in red he just didn't think were really what God meant to say. Religion is pretty simple to me and I'm an atheist. If every religious person in ever religion, would simply follow the teachings of their prophet, savior, or god and quit trying to blow each other up or stop them from building a community center, most of the worlds problems would be solved.

What's going to happen is that all three of the Abrahamic are going to keep trying to find a way to kill eveeryone on the apposing team until you people manage to kill us all or make the planet inhospitible to humans, in your God's name, Amen, (sry I don't know the correct words for the other religions, please insert the appropriate phrase here) _____.

well m not sure about other religions being threat to humanity.. Buddhism and jainism are simply non violent.. Hinduism doesnot have 'my way only way' phenomena...'my way only way' is abrahamic lineage perhaps...but yes we never know..religious faith have always been dangerous if it works for silencing the critics in way it knows best..history is full of that...

7. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

They ARE wrong - and nothing has happened - this is why they encourage any division and hatred that helps their apocalyptic nightmare come true - like supporting Bush's crusade to Iraq !

1. profile image51

All that you have said is to direct you attention away from the truth, that God is coming and are you ready?

Would this be the tiny little psychopath from the bible? Or the one in the equally crazed quoran?

...........Or are we gonna take it back to it's origins and expect a visit from ra? lol

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

2ND peter 1:20   "Knowing this   "FIRST"  that  "NO"  prophesy of scripture has any private interpretation.

The prophesy as Jesus told it must not be interpreted.
    That prophesy WAS the inspired word of God. Before its meaning was changed.
       Why would anyone "Interpret" the inspired word of god in a way as for them to mean something that they do not say.

Wouldn't that be blasphemy??

The words written in read mean exactly what they say!!

To interpret these prophesy in order to suit the needs of the anyone, including the church is WRONG!!!!!!

On this issue Christians have been misled
    We were taught that it was OK for us to have our own interpretation of the word of God.

I have to go to work now.
      Just wanted to post something  WORTH THINKING ABOUT.
      Will ck. in this afternoon to see if anyone is thinking about it.

1. profile image51

Not true, the Bible interpret it's self . I am not saying what I have interpreted, but, what the Bible says. I have A mine just like you.

9. Jerami profile image58

2ND peter 1:20   "Knowing this   "FIRST"  that  "NO"  prophesy of scripture has any private interpretation.

EVERY  Christian   should ...  "Know  THIS  FIRST" 
    that no prophesy of scripture has   "any"   personal interpretation.

"Know this first" is the key to properly understanding ALL of scripture.

"Knowing this FIRST" will give us a different prospective for everything that we  "THOUGHT"  that we knew.

"Knowing this first" just MIGHT make the world a better place in which to live.

"Knowing This First"  will negate the need to answer a lot of questions that are not pertinent.

10. Jerami profile image58

What if the scriptures are RIGHT  but we have been taught improperly how to understand it?

1. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not everything we have learned about Christianity, have we learned from another, at least I hope that's true. I hope that when one reads the Holy Bible verses, One is able to use their own mind, to form certain opinions. Usually those opinions we have formed, were put into our minds, by God's Holy Spirit, our teacher, our conscience, our provider, our corrector. The Holy Spirit, brings God's thoughts, wishes, plans directly to our souls, and then it is up to us as to how we receive it and act on it. If what others teach us, differs from that which God desires us to know, God will correct it for God's ways are the best ways always.

2. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(Haven't read the whole thread ... just saw this comment and thought I'd jump in) ...

That is a virtual certainty ... There is what the scripture says, there is what we interpret what  scripture says, and there are conclusions we draw from those interpretations.

Scripture is correct, but our interpretations and conclusions could very well be wrong.

In fact, I'm virtually certain that at least some of what I have been taught about scripture is wrong, or at least incomplete.  This is why I must study, pray and think for myself.

I examine the lives of those who would try to teach me their interpretation.  If I find those lives to be Christ-honoring I consider their interpretations more seriously.

However, as my relationship with God is just that, a relationship, I am responsible to God for what He knows I know. I can't blame my teachers.

You are right.  We can not blame our teachers, cause they are taught only what they were supposed to teach us, by someone that was taught only what they were supposed to teach that person to teach us  !!   etc. etc.     
            WHO  is teaching our teachers ??

And that fact is something that we should  ALL "seriously" think long and hard about!!

The first thing that caused me to question what I was taught is .....  That word "privately" ...  What does it mean if I come to you "Privately" and I ask you a Question?? 

And "YOU" tell "ME" privately that such and such is going to happen to ME"     Should someone else believe that these things are going to happen to "THEM"  ???   I do not think so!!
        If I am wrong please tell me how I am wrong.

If I tell people that I believe in you and that your message is the inspired word of God ...  BUT ...  I have to alter your message with  MY  own interpretation of what You have said.

These things do not make sense to me.

1. luvpassion profile image61
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe a person can tell you privately that things are going to happen Mr. Jerami or is that just an example?

Teri

That is just an example.  Say for instance ..  I tell you Privately that I have hidden a $100.oo bill behind your mothers soffa.   

Can someone else expect to find a $100.oo behind their mothers soffa?

If Jesus told Andrew in a Private conversation that the church leaders were going to spank him really hard, Should Paul  expect a spanking also?  OR  YOU or ME.

I'm just questioning the power of that word  "PRIVATELY"

What does it mean??

2. BDazzler profile image77

I point to the following references and leave the rest to you and God:
          Psalm 119:99
          James 3:1
          Ephesians 4

I particularly like the Psalm 119:99 ! 

We should all strive to become as he.  Unfortunately most people become complacent just listening to whom ever calls themselves a teacher.  And letting that be the foundation on which they build a belief system.

However when a person lives by those things taught in
              James 3:1 and Ephesians 4;  they will do well.

1. BDazzler profile image77

Indeed ... and we were thus warned in Matthew 7:15 & 16.  Which I personally cross reference with Galatians 5:22.

If it were easy ... well then ... it would be easy wink

There are many verses that are easy because they are so easy.

But when they do not conform to what "we do not want" to believe all that we have to do is to "Interpret" the simple  right out of it.  Which makes every thing else a little bit harder to understand. 

I'm going to read these verses now that you suggested

Matthew 7:15 & 16. speaks of things to come that I believe have come (done their damage)and gone, and yet still are.

1. BDazzler profile image77

Yeah, you're right, that's the whole Isaiah 28:10 thing.

the whole Isaiah 28:10 thing.   seems to me to be saying ;  to be learned OF Gods word, and to be wise IN his word are as far apart than the east is from the west.

Precept upon precept line upon line are impossible to understand without some kind of proper "OVER VIEW"

Not to see them all at ones,   but to see the sum of the total.

Thanks for these references. Enjoyed them
                        I have lost the ability to recall Chapter & verse like I once did. Or I'd throw a few back at cha

11. Jerami profile image58

My point is that we have been pre programed to interpret those things that were spoken by Jesus in such a way as to conform to  "our interpretation"  of those things that Paul said.

When in fact; around 28 AD Jesus said that he will come again during "that" generation. 
      Around 60 AD Paul says to not believe those that say that Jesus  has already come.   
      1950 years later we are told that Jesus hasn't come yet cause Paul SAYS so.

There is a whole large enough to drive a truck through in that reasoning.

12. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

"What will happen if christians are wrong?"

We'll all die horribly at Ragnarok, and they won't let us in to party with Odin afterward.

13. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Bummer, I so wanted to party with Odin. sad

14. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

You ask:

What do you mean IF ?

Who ever said they were right? Except themselves of   
            course and that hardly counts.

When any christian can explain to me why they don't
            believe in my Gods then, and only then, will the
            truly understand why some of us do not believe in
            theirs.

I don't want you to come to my supper table unless you want to.
          I don't want you to sit in my car unless you want to.
          I don't want you to know my God unless you want to.

You don't want to do any of those things!!
         Was It wrong of me to ask you if you did want to??

If so? ...   I apologize.  I won't specifically ask you again.

But I reserve the right to leave an open invitation out there just in case someone else does want to.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And This aswers the point I raised How.... Exactly ?

2. luvpassion profile image61

To which Gods are you refering sir?

Sorry my mistake, slight mis quoted there it should have read:

When any christian can explain to me why they don't
                believe in other Gods then, and only then, will they
                truly understand why some of us do not believe in
                theirs.

What other Gods ?  Jees, how long you got ? Let's start with the most obvious ones,  How about The Great Mother Earth. Or The SUN, at least you can see it, you know it's there, it actually does something beneficial for ALL live forms and without it we would all be in the S**t !!!

I just had a revelation. big_smile  Could it be? I mean - is it that obvious? Could the Kristians have somehow missed this bleedin' obvious transition and they are still worshiping a Neolithic deity?

The Sun is God
          Sun God
          God of The Sun
          Son God
          God's Son

Brings light to combat the darkness and rises from the dead. Same holidays too. Too obvious? Coincidence - I think not.

lol lol lol

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
            Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The funny part is that you get Sonburned for the opposite reason...smile

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Hi Mark,

A Revelation !!!   Where Ya Been Son....?

I’ve been banging on about then there Kristian critters pinchin’  all our holler day for ages.

We (Pagans) celebrate the Winter Soltice and the birth of the SUN God  on the 25th December.  To us the Sun is so important we set aside one special day a week to honour the SUN Sun Day !

The Easter holiday moves around a lot because it has to take place on the first SUN day after the Full Moon that occurs on or after the vernal equinox and is so named in celebration of Estre the Goddess of Fertility, hence all those eggs and fluffy rabbits.

Sod all to do with anybody getting nailed to a tree or escaping from a cave although getting hammered was and is part of the celebration, (Ours not the other lot.)

So you are right ... It’s not a coincidence...

We was knobbled.... high –jacked... at an attempt to do to us what the Roman’s did to them ....pure and simple !

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@Merlin Fraser well it is not just about christians..most religious people are too closed minded and obessed with their own religion that they often fail to understand that world is much much bigger than their small domain of religion..also their brains are so convinced with their version that they would fail to see world in totality...religion does great things but on negative side it does divide people...

Of course you are quite right it is not just about Christians and their beliefs and my comments should be seen to cover all religions large and small. 

Most of them are far too caught up defending their own corner that none of them can see the whole picture which indicates that they may all be wrong.

However, It is the Hollier Than Thou Evangelicalists that keep coming up with these Half Assed Random Quotes that are the real worrisome bunch.  Have you seen or heard Jimmy Swaggart the rubbish and twisted half truths that that man spouts in the name of religion is staggering to behold.

What's worse is the brain dead in the audience swaying and hanging upon his every word.....

Now that scares me worse than the Taliban because it smacks of the same style of brain washing.

3. aguasilver profile image69

Who is your god Merlin?

I have no God, I am an old fashioned Pagan whose beliefs pre date man's need and therfore invention of God's and the multipule religions that grew from that invention.

We celebrate and hold dear the Earth that sustains us and the Sun that warms us because between them they give us all we need.

If your seriously interested go check out one or two of my hubs.

4. profile image51

What is your gods, if it is not the Creator of the world, then it's the other power.

15. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

If Christians were wrong after all, the Skeptics would be throwing a giant party that would last at least a decade! LOL

1. luvpassion profile image61

Would there be cheese? big_smile

2. Rishy Rich profile image71
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The party had started in the 18th century honey...& its still running! roll

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but it's time to update the wig!

16. profile image57
    Hell N0posted 13 years ago

More Pasquel's Wager?  Suppose Christians are wrong (most are wrong about everything).  What if the Mozlems are right?  Their book actually teaches about some torturous hell.  If they are right, then all christians will have their skin burned off eternally only to get a new layer.  Sopering thoughts for the hellers of christiandom.

17. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Nothing! ...Because God will make their wrongs right since He Has Sacrificed his Son! Well I guess thats what they think neutral

lol....

18. GGtimeshares profile image60
    GGtimesharesposted 13 years ago

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

but to confess onemust know sins..right? and sin is subjective term..like in some cultures eating non veg itself is sin...ridiculing other's religion can also be considering sin as far as humanity goes..so sin has no definite definition...

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...even a serial killer could be a victim of Genetical accident or mental disorder due to childhood abuse. Sin is very subjective & debatable!

19. aguasilver profile image69
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Sorry Mark, Friday night here, can't be bothered with your goading... have a good weekend.

20. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

If I am wrong I will start make an alter to Ganish, circumcise myself, and apologies to Paar (I'll want to cover all my bases)

21. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

With over 350 fulfilled prophecies. Prophesied over 2,000 yrs ago and upward until 33ad.

heres one for yas:
    1 Kings 20:13   And, behold, there came a prophet unto Ahab king of Israel, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou seen all this great multitude? behold, I will deliver it into thine hand this day; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD.

1 Kings 20:20   And they slew every one his man: and the Syrians fled; and Israel pursued them: and Benhadad the king of Syria escaped on an horse with the horsemen.

Future confirmed.. but there is more!
    1 Kings 20:22   And the prophet came to the king of Israel, and said unto him, Go, strengthen thyself, and mark, and see what thou doest: for at the RETURN OF THE YEAR the king of Syria will come up against thee.

1 Kings 20:26   And it came to pass at the RETURN OF THE YEAR, that Benhadad numbered the Syrians, and went up to Aphek, to fight against Israel.

God knows...
    and now so do you smile
    have a nice day

This is one of many many many prophecies fulfilled i dont think christians will be disapointed one tiny bit. lol

And you are proud of this tale of slaughter why exactly ?

Anything actually happened after 33 AD Do you know ? 

As far as I'm aware he's been kinda silent since then !

Oh Yeah !  I forgot, in these enlightened tomes anybody openly admitting to getting killing type messages from God gets locked up.

The irony of which is that all the witnesses that says he's NUTS swear to it on the Bible !

You just gotta love it, you can't make this stuff up  !

1. hanging out profile image61
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Course you missed the point entirely lol.
        try again

lol tale of slaughter, perhaps opening the book you discredit and finding out for yourself why this happened and you'll change your outlook on the otherhand, be afraid, be very afraid lol.

silent, no he hasn't been. Maybe to you and others but not to his people, god is never silent and he will use the unsaved and sinners as fodder to make his people happy.

Tons has happened! Do you know what new things there are in model trains? rocket science? in south africa?. Just because you don't know it, doesn't make it not happen. lol. Nice of you to think that, i think lol.

2. profile image51

Why, are all of you so anti-God, you would believe a frog before you would believe God. but, all I can do is keep trying, to show you God's love for you and your family.

Ah yes, god's love!

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins.  I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted.  (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Luvly! I could site hundreds of these examples of "god's love" lol lol lol

2. Jerami profile image58

I think that they have ALL been fulfilled except for I think  three.

1. hanging out profile image61

yah... that rocks!!!  OH the joy  :0)

I don't think that there will be any Joy at least till we've gone through the door.

Evryone is goina do through the door.

And we will all be suprised at what we see when we get there.

22. must65gt profile image74
    must65gtposted 13 years ago

The bottom line is: People from time to time are wrong about a great many things. Christians are people just as are Muslims, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist’s, lol…especially atheist. True believers in God do not judge others (that’s not out place) Christians, just like other religions (well except the radical sects of Muslims) are taught to love everyone and hate the sin that infects each of our lives. But, just as there are in every sect, there are some who speak out of personal opinion with no biblical or theological soundness. God never said “Kill then infidels” and neither did Mohammad. Killing begets Killing, Hate begets hate, ill will beget ill will. The question was “What if Christians are wrong?  That is indeed a deep theological question. I believe what I believe because of experiences and information I found in research of the bible. If I am wrong, and I live the life I believe to be Godly to the best of my ability, treating others with respect and dignity, forgoing judgments and criticism of others, then I will have lived a better life. If I am right (and I believe I am) then the question would be more: What happens to the ones whom were wrong?…This would be a hell of a question to ask of themselves….I do not believe the Fire and Brimstone some speak of.  Because the Bible speaks of Christ as the light of the world, I believe heaven is separation from God and eternity in darkness.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely NADA. And we will still have to bail ourselves out                         of all this  ecolological catastrophe.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Judging, judging, judging.

Simply by stating that you believe X, and then asking a question to make a point that those who did not believe X will be in for something bad - is judging. And passively/aggressively making a threat.

"Well - I believe I am right - but what about those who did not? They will be separated from God as a punishment. Better to believe what I believe."

So - you are not living your life according to your tenets.

There is no way to avoid the fact that your ridiculous religion teaches you to be completely judgmental. And you don't even know you are doing it. big_smile

Oh,  so   even the obvious escapes   you. Interesting.    Do you seriously deny that    we' in deep doodoo.   Gotta solve     it ourselves and all the ideas suck

That's what I believe     the   truth to be. No   platitudes, no Santa Claus'. Why do   you   assume something not so?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

No - I agree we are in deep doodoo - and part of the problem is the religionists.

There are plenty of ideas out there - most of them are - sadly, aimed at damage control, not dealing with the basic problems. But - that is typical of the society we have created. Ignore the root cause in favor of the quick fix. sad  Treat the disease- not the patient.

The real answer is a change of values - hard to bring about. I am open to ideas though.

2. hanging out profile image61

lol lol lol   there was no judgment at all till you came along and yelled judgment judgment judgment which is actually quite the judgmental thing to say.

lol lol
        you can't even live by your tenets

have you been drinking?

1. must65gt profile image74
          must65gtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...he didn't read what I wrote. He dissected it for arguments sake, I never passed judgment I only asked a question. Dissection is the reason for convoluted scriptures in the first place. Even Obama's speeches are dissected for political gain by others. I don't agree with Obama, but I listen to what he had to say and then made my decisions. its easy to sit back and throw stabs at others using half baked ideals, misinformation and unsubstantiated facts. You don't have to prove anything.

3. profile image51

Only one thing wrong with your understanding is I did not state this, God did. A christian state only what God says, not what he thinks.

3. Jerami profile image58

Well said an I agree with every itty bit of what yu just said     I only want to add ...  that everyone is going through life the way that they want to.  Everyone thinks that they are doing it the right way.   And maybe they are????   Except for those that "KNOW" that it ain't Right to let the air out of my sails to stop my forward motion JUST  FOR  THE  SAKE OF DOI IT AIN"T  RIGHT  !!!!   They know it isn't right and should know that they are not invited to the After Lie Party.

23. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

Hey Mark... Who'd you reckon the winner is this week ?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/Merlin999/Mypropellerhat.jpg

24. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

So neither of you have read your book? smile

I am not quite sure of your point. I read fervently. Biblical interpretation is subjective with exception to Gods words. Prophets wrote about things through their interpretations. Explanation of those will be forthcoming and not on this earth. The Bible is complete and finite. there will be no additions to it. But when Christians argue scripture to press their interpretations and opinions. it gives non-Christians cause to ridicule and doubt, instead of finding clarity and understanding. This is one reason I do not find fault with others or force my beliefs along with scripture down their throats...I have too many of my own. I expressed only my opinions and did not "State them as facts" to be used as a weapon to beat others into acceptance of my views.

Mark believes there is no God, I believe he's wrong. But he was given the same choices as the rest of us. To criticize him or judge him is not our right or place. why fight windmills, they will not change unless the wind changes.

No additions to it? It has had more rewrites than Glen Beck's legals! lol

2. profile image51

Here is HAJ3396's interpretation Live and let live, hate your brother, and love all the sister you can. But, God have change my mine, an have said, take my mine and give me your, and your life will change. will I not suffer, I ask God. He said you only suffer for three reason. 1. because you sin 2. To glorify God 3. To help some one other than yourself. He said follow me, and I said Yes. Now I try to stay with God thoughts not mines.

25. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Truth is easy to find, just don't expect to find it in a 2,000 year old book of hate written by a bunch of sick minded old goat herders! lol

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey! I won't have you Bible bashing....

The Bible is a fantastic literary work of art....seriously.....it has more drama than a Shakespearean tragedy....

And the fact that those old goat herders managed to convince society it had more depth than a traditional work of fiction is a feat worthy of respect.

In the same vein we must all repeat "I'm not worthy" at the feet of L. Ron Hubbard.

wink

lol lol lol

Good ole Ron the fiction writer apparently convinced John Revolting and the short assed Australian ex hubby of Nicole Kidman that there is indeed another sky fairy, only he got his from space men. smile

1. profile image0
          RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly my point. Sarcasm aside, what will people say about Ron in 1000 years based on his books? smile

Written words are so open to interpretation, adulteration, rewrites, assumptions. It's so easy to take passages out of context too to prove a point based on our own world view....and on and on it goes....

There's so much written propaganda in the world today we don't even know what's real and it's happening at this very moment!

How are we....with our 21st century brains....past prejudices and long history of religious issues, wars, hate mongering etc supposed to properly interpret any ancient texts?

It's all theory at this point.....

As you said.....'truth is easy to find'...if that's what you truly seek.

26. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 13 years ago

What about the books that have intentionally been left out of your Holy Bible?  Are these of the "other" or were they left out to mislead the masses.  The bible has much wisdom and Jesus' example is one of LOVE and not JUDGMENT.  remember,  books like Revelations were added after Christ's death and resurrection.  Do they have his endorsement?  Think for yourself whether the example of Christ is one of LOVE or JUDGMENT on mankind.  Jesus said to the Pharisees "Ye are gods!" and if this is so, maybe the force of Judgment comes from within humanity itself which is capable of bothe divine love and ultimate hatred.  You that call yourself Christians, I call on you to stop thinking blindly in terms of Judgement and to follow his message of forgiveness.

lets keep it in context, Jesus was rebuking the Pharisees that were attempting to stone him.  24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)