The Hubber you would want to fall in love with?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (75 posts)
  1. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

Say suppose you are given an option to fall in love with a fellow Hubber. Whom would you choose? Please also mention how will you propose to him/her??

NOTE: Please do not forget me. I too am a Hubber. I am male and yes I AM NOT A GAY! wink

1. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Did you know, how dangerous it is to fall in love over the internet? Infact,sometimes it's the other way round; a person is mentally not well if they fall in love over such an obscure medium - or you are an extra-terrestrial.

1. aniketgore profile image61
        aniketgoreposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is for FUN. LOL

2. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Loads of people have ended up happily married by meeting online. As for dangers, like what except for the fact that you may be chatting some nice woman up then when she turns her cam on its a burly big man lol. The net can be good for people who find it awkward meeting people and I find it a bit harsh calling them mental.

1. profile image0

*Sighs* I was trying to be funny ... And failed miserably *makes a 'very quick' beeline for the exit*.

1. profile image49

Please don't sigh, I apoligise for not picking up yer funny humor and please dont exit, yer way too pretty, damn I feel bad now !

1. profile image0

Don't feel bad , haven't you heard the saying. "Pretty brunettes are suppose to be 'not-very-sharp-at-cracking-jokes'" or something like that ...* ... *sighs*

Between I ain't going anywhere , I plan to torture everbody with my 'homour' ... big_smile

*Takes a  bow*

2. JamaGenee profile image77
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have my little list of hubbers who make my heart go pitter patter.  But a lady doesn't pant and tell.  cool

1. MotherHubber profile image60
        MotherHubberposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Jama.  My list is short, but confidential.

2. MotherHubber profile image60
        MotherHubberposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Jama.  My list is short, but confidential.

packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

O come-on. Please speak up, we are all very good friends here and we promise to keep your little list confidential. wink

3. sheenarobins profile image59
      sheenarobinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have fallen in love with everybody here in HP. I Love You All. And I hear a resounding I Love You Back, Sheena!

1. MissJamieD profile image55
        MissJamieDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sheena I'm in agreement with you:) HP is the best place to be with the best people!

2. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

I'm afraid I'm over love.  It's over-rated.

sad sad

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
      GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Cynics of the world unite! Hack the planet! Hack the planet! They're trashing our data!

wink

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha!!!!  That's great!!!  LOL!

3. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

Well I am married. Btw I am not aware if Hub pages is diversifying into becoming a dating service for some folks tongue

O no no no no ..... sad sad ..... please don't say so..... Ok imagine you were not married.... or let me change the question for you "Whom would you like to date and how would you ask for the same"..... It will be me right???!! smile wink

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ok to answer your hypothetical question I need you to give me 10 reasons to consider you. wink

PS: I have some work to attend to but never the less you have sufficient time to condense your top 10 USP's for our consideration. smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
          Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That was a good response CW!!

1. countrywomen profile image60
            countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do hope PP is not offended by my response. I just wanted him to say things about himself which would probably make women want to go on date with him. PP it was said in fun. Have a good day smile

2. packerpack profile image59

Ya good reply. Agreed but I would have certainly come up with  the list but this office work is killing me. Just got some free moment to peep in here. Don't worry CW I will come with a good one (the list) wink

4. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 15 years ago

I'm luvved up, so kinda pointless. And complicated. But I do have another passion, though I belive it's unrequitted, sadly.

Pastel de Nata - heaven in a mouthful big_smile

5. MissJamieD profile image55
    MissJamieDposted 15 years ago

Only yesterday I actually confronted my Hub crush. The feeling of lust wasn't mutual but we've been friends since the first week I found HP and will continue to be friends. We have very different backgrounds and ways of life, it's very interesting to have friends that are so much different than you:)

6. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years ago

Cowboy Leo smile Of course I'm already in love with him and married to him smile

7. profile image56
    prince1244posted 15 years ago

Love, oh that high school thing, at this point in my life love is irrelevent. What matter most is understanding, respect and common interest.

8. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 15 years ago

I do have to laugh at this, sorry I think its pretty funny.

9. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

Alas!  I am old, and may no more. . .

10. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

Simple solution to all this... Fall in love in the real world, then get your lover to join HubPages.  Voila!  You have fallen in love with a Hubber.

1. JamaGenee profile image77
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good one, Maddie!!  http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/24.gif cool

2. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hahahah I like this! big_smile

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This reply is the Grand Slam of all replies!!!!

4. sheenarobins profile image59
      sheenarobinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL...very good idea!

11. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

THERE are so many hard to decide

12. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Too many yummy, yummy Hubbers and it would be virtually impossible to find just one I'd want to pursue. Besides, they almost all have wives or at least psychopathic Mommas that would not appreciate my overtures.
    However, in terms of how such wooing would be done, Hub Pages is the ideal forum for romantic writing in all its forms. I am in awe of the poetry I've seen here.
    Me, I'd write the chap a nice little limerick!

13. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Teresa smile it is only the body that ages, not your Soul wink lots room for love, (((hugz)))

14. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Well its hard to fall in love with just one hubber since so many hubbers have endless love potential, but I know that I would propose by texting them it just seems so fitting.

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

"Did you know, how dangerous it is to fall in love over the internet? Infact,sometimes it's the other way round; a person is mentally not well if they fall in love over such an obscure medium - or you are an extra-terrestrial."

The above quote goes back to the ever-popular forum question, "How do we know if a fellow Hubber is insane?"

(Might Mom, I noted the beany avatar)

1. profile image0

Does this mean that somebody figured out my attempt at homour? big_smile

16. SeSharer profile image61
    SeSharerposted 15 years ago

Well, I should choose one from China coz I am a traditional Chinese and for now I still can not amagine the marriage between Chinese and other regions...

17. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Since I am in a relationship, I am not looking, but there is a hubber or two I find intriguing if I were single, and no, I can't tell.  smile

1. profile image0

If I weren't trying to be funny, I would have said more or less the same thing.

18. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

nazishnashim, I think the reference to extra-terrestrials was the tip off.  smile

1. profile image0

*bangs her head on the wall* ... *says between sobs* That was suppose to be the funniest part *drops two egg sized tears*

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I fall in love with every pretty face that appears here - providing it is a real face smile

My latest love would be RooBee - check her out, she's HAWT! big_smile

20. MissJamieD profile image55
    MissJamieDposted 15 years ago

I don't necessarily believe that the stats are in favor of online romance....but having a crush on someone whether they're real or imaginary, is one of the best feelings in the universe!

21. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 15 years ago

Ahaha, BP and Pest were trying to make me spill it on our last chat. That's a secrete! I won't tell! Too bad my crush is too much of an hard headed to be bother with.

1. profile image0
      C. C. Riterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I already fell in love with May. woo-hoo. So mysterious and she is funny too. I would take her by the paw, right one, and stroke her gently on the head and say meow, mew, may! And then the deed would be done and we'd have 40 kittens. hehe

1. mayhmong profile image75
        mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, C.C sorry, but I was hoping cindyvine would do the giving birth part for us. wink

2. Aya_Hajime profile image60
        Aya_Hajimeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A poet and a cat; what interesting kittens you will have! Make sure to set up a kitten-cam smile

1. mayhmong profile image75
          mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing! I'll also make sure to have it recordind cindy giving birth to them all.

22. Aya_Hajime profile image60
    Aya_Hajimeposted 15 years ago

I think I love that cute, bad pirate! Lovely hat and eye make-up. wink

23. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 15 years ago

i love myself as I'm a hubba hubber

24. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

I am completely in love with badcompany99... we'll his avatar that is.  I have already discussed this in the forums, but everytime badcompany99 posts and Johnny is looking at me with those dangerously seductive eyes, my knees buckle.

Okay, the truth is I am happily married, but my husband and I have each picked one person (celebrity) that it would be okay to cheat on each other for if the occasion arose, and Johnny is my guy!  My husband has a thing for Olivia Newton John.  Go figure...

By the way, Aya_Hajime, stay away from my pirate! smile

1. profile image49

Shucks I must make my next hub a real knee buckler just for you : )

2. Aya_Hajime profile image60
      Aya_Hajimeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol - No way! Let's have a duel! Pistols or swords?

1. profile image49

Oh give over you pair and get those cute butts into my cabin : )

1. Aya_Hajime profile image60

Absolutely, but only if I get to be on top! wink

1. profile image49

Only if you can stay their all night : )

1. Janet21 profile image80
              Janet21posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yikes! This thread is getting alittle too dirty for me! I am married after all. Aya, I will let you have the pirate.  wink

1. Aya_Hajime profile image60

lol - I know. I decided to stop before I got banned smile

Besides, I was very disappointed at the Captain's taste in underwear.

1. profile image49
                  badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheeky sod they were only a few days old !

25. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

I have fallen in love with so many hubbers with great hubs. When i read good hubs i fantasize and that's how i like it...

26. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Every once and awhile I get random emails from people on Hubpages asking me if I want to date them.  Never mind that they usually are in a far away place, so how do they really think that would work? I think some stumble upon Hubpages and think it is a dating site, but I am not really sure how they come to this conclusion.

27. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Hmmmm...fun question, but I think I will keep my list to myself.  There are a few here on HubPages that, if I were single, I might consider, but I prefer flesh and blood people.  I like to be able to look into someone's eyes, not their avatar.

28. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 15 years ago

I dont know many single male hubbers to be honest but If I could fall in love with an actor it would be Hugh Jackman in the movie AUSTRALIA!

29. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 15 years ago

Everyone is playing it safe with little information.  Misha good for you brave man.    Now back to saving relationships and informing about politics.  What fun.

30. profile image0
    luv.poemposted 14 years ago

I have this habit of falling for anyone who can write well. Words make me blind to everything else. This includes here and in the "real-world". So I guess my crushes change daily, although I had a terrible crush on a gay English teacher who is over twice my age for a very long time. I'm a sucker for GOOD poetry. *shrug*

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that smile

1. Janet21 profile image80
        Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

AEvans, Are you saying that you ALSO have a crush on a gay English teacher?? wink

1. profile image0
          luv.poemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha... This made me laugh so hard! smile I had to read it all out loud to my roommate and I'm pretty sure she didn't care, but I was amused!!

31. Rockwell Fitness profile image58
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

If I knew this is what hubpages was about, I would have signed up a long time ago... Ha ha ha ha

32. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Is Marcia Brady a hubber?

33. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

An internet relationship is just not my cup of tea. Moreover, I am the one man type. So there is no one i would want to fall in love with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)