Do you feel attracted to or annoyed by someone's avatar?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 58 discussions (266 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Most people on Hp have an avatar on their profile. Some are genuine photos of them and others are weird looking pictures. There are those that are quite pleasant to look at while others are...how should I put it...quite different?!

How do you feel about the avatars you see?

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most of them I enjoy.  Some I don't even understand and a few actually scare me.  That's why instead of a picture of my self, I chose a cuddly little character with killer eyes.

2. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In light of this question, I started a new forum post.  I thought it might be fun and/or interesting to find out what's behind the moniker and avatar of hubbers.

Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are some I adore but others are really scary and not nice to look at.

2. tobey100 profile image60

Where's this new forum?  Can't find it to comment.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never was troubled by any avatars, no matter how weird they might be. But an interesting footnote to this thread is what Google has stated about Authorship. If you want your author information to be included in search results, then you need a good, recognizable headshot.

I agree Glen and it is really the professional thing to do if you want to be taken seriously.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
          Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure like Richard Bachmen or Mark Twain.

Or Cap'n Scull or Red beard lol tongue

2. smcopywrite profile image61
        smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i use an avatar here at hubpages. however, many sites have mentioned that a head shot is the way to go. though, i value my privacy to some extent and have seen some folks get stalkers and such with a head shot. i say to each his own and you should be permitted to portray yourself whichever way you feel comfortable.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The blue mist approaches...

eeek!

5. Kris Heeter profile image72
      Kris Heeterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some are fun, others not so fun.  I prefer a real picture - love having a face to put with a name!

6. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love old pin up art, which is why all my avatars for the sites I write on are pin up models. I don't have any "real" avatar pics at the moment because I'm pregnant and huge and don't feel like sharing all that love. =P

7. Chasing Riley profile image85
      Chasing Rileyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy most of the avatars, however, there is one hubber who has a smug looking headshot and it makes me not want to read anything she writes.

Is that me?

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

You laughing at me Cags...now I know it's me!

I'm not laughing at you per se. I'm laughing at the fact that you thought that she might be talking about you. tongue

Edit: self conscious much. lol

lol tongue

tongue

2. Chasing Riley profile image85

not at all. It's no one on this page. You're funny!

I was just messing around with you and  Cagsil.

Yeah right. tongue

1. profile image0
                kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

double, no make that triple right tongue

and yes cag's your welcome for the new pic lol

I like the new picture. smile big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whew!  That lets me out for sure.  Unless of course, you can't tell the difference between male and female hognose snakes and also mistake my nyah-nyah expression for smugness.  lol

Yeah Randy, that smug snake with it's tongue sticking out....we can all see it. lol tongue

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

Ya never know what a woman's thinkin' Cags!  smile

Well, having a very long tongue could have them thinking a lot of different things Randy. tongue lol

2. Chasing Riley profile image85

You guys are so funny!

8. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll tell you how I feel, mostly, about the avatars I see - I am a bit bored when people keep the same one all the time. But then if they don't come to the forums and they keep the same avatar I'm always happy to recognize them.  I understand they do that for the recognition factor, but still -  And I love it when people go out of their way to pick an avatar that expresses something about themselves - some way they want to be or are.  When people post their own pictures I like that too, but usually they tend to downgrade themselves and don't post the very best foto they have, or maybe they just don't go out of their way to get a very good foto.  I don't use the pics I have of myself because they are:  a)frightening b)homely c)revealing and d)downright boring and also e)unlikely to encourage any traffic to my hubs or inspire followers.  So there you have it!  and anyway, it doesn't matter what we think that much does it?  or maybe , hmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

UHHHhh-- yes, that is a complex answer, yet relevant and making complex points. As to your Avatar--the images are usually quite similar, so it is still easy to recognize.  You may have discovered the best points of changing and remaining recognizeable.

9. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use an avatar because I want people to judge me by my writing not by my face.

This is not a serious forum discussion. We don't judge people. It's all about the avatar. Have some fun!

10. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love a creative avatar that expresses the person's point of view. I Can't stand the overtly sexual ones.

Otherwise, a younger photo is fine. A person should be allowed to present themselves in their best light and should not feel that it is all about their looks or age.

I usually despise my own avatar the most. hmm

I don't mind a little hanky panky in the avatar. I don't know how to describe the avatars that scare me..but they do just that scare me...

One of my favorite avatars is Shadesbreath's because I know he drew it!

11. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I get red all over when I look at someone's avatar too long smile

lol tongue

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I leave a forum thread immediately if I notice certain people are contributing to it because their avatars gross me out totally.

Fortunately, one of the people concerned no longer seems to be active here.

It's a pity when it concerns a thread that would otherwise interest me a lot, but I cannot cope with the actual physical discomfort these avatars cause me.

Of course, it also means I will never investigate these people's profiles or read any of their hubs!

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course, now you've got at least some people trying to think of which one it was that disturbed you that much.   smile

Nobody's ever going to have one that everyone else finds appealing, but I'd agree that some of them really make one wonder about why, on Earth, someone would want that particular thing to "represent" them.  I think a lot of them are "best-I-could-come-up-with-for-now" type of things.  Some, though, give off some real "icky" vibes.  smile

You know where I find the weirdest ones? While hub hopping.

Very true.  I like to try and imagine why in the world someone would choose the avatars they do.

2. Lisa HW profile image62

There was one creepy one not long ago, and I don't even really know why it was creepy.  Whoever it was got banned, though; and I can't say I hated to see them go.   lol   (I pretty much hate my own.  Its days are numbered.  I just hope it doesn't cause anyone any physical discomfort, though.   lol  )

Hey, I kinda like it.  Sort of a mystic, surreal, intelligent look.

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Personally, I don't think an avatar should matter. It's almost like judging a book by it's cover. wink

Good point although I do tend to judge a book by it's cover.  Not people.  Just books.  Of course, I've gotten some pretty sorry books that had incredible covers.  smile

2. Cardisa profile image87

Somewhat true Cagsil, but some are really scary. I am in no way comparing avatar to writing skills and there are some persons I follow with scary avatars and I absolutely love their personalities and writing.

This is just a fun avatar bashing forum. Not to be taken too seriously.

Take for instance you tiger eyes, I absolutely adore but you could be the most unattractive man, I could never tell.

tongue

Whoa there handsome, took me a while to recognize you!

You're kind hot looking......

lol lol

2. profile image0

roll

lol

1. bbnix profile image59
            bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool

3. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I have heard about a book from another source, or already know and like the author, and think I might want to read it, the cover will most often have no influence. However, even then, if the cover is really stomach turning, I might hold off until I find another edition of the book with a different cover.

With respect to serendipitous discoveries of new books, both the title and the cover will massively impact on whether I pick up a book to find out whether I might want to read it.

This is hardly surprising. If I am in a book shop, surrounded by thousands of books and wanting to try something by an author I have not read before, some sort of filtering is automatically going to kick in.

lol lol

1. WriteAngled profile image74
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's no funnier than people selecting a book just because it is being over-hyped by the media, which is something I never do.

4. profile image0

Cagsil, is that a Night Elf avatar I see on your profile pic? yikes

A "night elf"? Possibly, if you consider a "night elf" the same as a "drow elf". lol

But, not anymore. tongue

1. profile image0

Arg! I knew it was one or the other. =P Night Elves are from World of Warcraft and look similar to Drow Elves, so I thought that's what it was. xD

I don't play World of Warcraft, but did get the picture from the Blizzard Entertainment website. I'm a huge fan of the Diablo series. smile Which is where the avatar I'm using now came from. smile

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why change back? yikes

What was wrong with your Fairy Fella avatar? smile

Which one?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5733848_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5733850_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5733855_f248.jpg

Each are gaming characters. I'm not sure which one you're talking about.

I really dig the one in the middle, the third one kind scares me  tongue  big_smile

2. sunforged profile image69
              sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

since I tend to look at each small element as being important to the whole of your promotion and success online, even a small thing like a profile image can have deeper effects then one person being "shallow' or judging a book by its cover and all that.

Some people like photos of their kids smile (ive done it) ... but how might that look bookending an article on hot cheerleaders or sexy halloween costumes or something with a more adult theme?

Cagsil ... your gaming related avatars may be recognizable by gamers .. I always thought they were comic book related. I think they all look a bit dark and therefore arent the best accompaniment (in my eyes) to your generally positive and uplifting themes.

When people "share" links across social networks, bookmarks etc. the first image is often grabbed as the thumbnail (with HP that seems to be the profile image more often than not), if the link title doesnt match the image ... it may turn away a potential reader/sale/click ... that tiny detail could make a world of difference to the people element that might make one article successful.

If I was a CAGSIL , I would go with something like:

http://h3.homestead.com/Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull_taken_by_Mom_for_Dad.jpg

an image taken from or inspired by Jonathan Livingston Seagull(gil) , lol ... gives the uplifting feeling (to me) and I would imagine someone who recognizes the imagery would also appreciate your writings

HA! And what sort of first impression should one get from your present avatar, SF?  Deep moody intelligence?  Someone with a neck problem or humpback?  Just joking of course, but seriously, how do you think you appear to your readers in your avatar?

1. sunforged profile image69
                  sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol, probably wasnt the best time for me to post that subject.

During holiday trends or if I happen to be writing in one niche for a period of time I will change the image to reflect the traffic I want to attract.

My account is very much general interest and in varied topics, so my image is non-committal. I suppose I find that particular image flattering and the text (when seen larger) happens to say Sunforged.

The only thing I did want to make sure my image reflected was my gender as many of my more popular articles are very much from a male standpoint and could be disconcerting if I went with a pin up or something of that type (although I do like pin ups as much as the next guy)

Its easier when you have a solid topical selection and HP is very much a downplayed part of my online efforts these days so I dont have as much concern about what type of impression my image may give as I may have once was.

I liked my Johnny 5 avatar the best. I will revive that shortly.

I feel the same way about my avatar here on HP too, Sunforged.  I don't depend on my writing for a living (good thing, I know) or perhaps I would be more concerned about how my avatar affects those who read my hubs.  I do understand your point though.  smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

Thank you Sunforged. I appreciate the critique. wink

4. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

smile

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

kmackey32's avatar makes me want to be her BFF

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

James, James Bond 008   Uwah

6. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Def the top Elf Cags. smile

Oh okay. I'll think about it. lol But, thank you for your recommendation. lol

7. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

Being that I am a pirate..."Captian Redbeard"...I choose this avatar because it resembles me the most. Stark white, bald, bright red bushy beard and dreadfully thin.

My vessel is the Sedona Switchblade, I currently Captain a crew of 6 and be ye warned if'n ever you set your eyes upon the black flag with the Redbeard flying high upon you. G'Yaar

8. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

WOW... have you noticed that there seems to be an empty, vacant space behind your eyes private? yikes

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...and wipe that smile off your face lol !

lol lol

9. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I love my creepy avatar!  It cuts way down on those shallow enough to let it affect them in any manner.  Besides, some of the real people avatars scare the heck outta me.  lollol

I'm just glad you didn't use spiders...I hate spiders!
      http://www.goodjayson.com/images/gallery/animals/wild_007.jpg

Ahhh!  it takes a rare person to see beauty in all living things, MPM.  Charlotte's Web terrified you I bet!  lol

Not particularly...However...that Big Banana Spider gives me the "willies"...especially if I had just went through his web...and the dang thing was stuck on me...Yikes!

Yeah, throw words at me Randy...I am so offended lol tongue

Words I can throw, Cardisa.  Whether they stick or not is another matter entirely. smile I love friendly word flinging contests with fellow writers, especially those who aren't too sensitive to know when I'm having fun.  I know you are one of those, by the way.smilesmilesmile

I just may take you up on that goat next time!!

BTW I have three pregnant goats now....very soon there will lots of goat babies so you are still welcome to get some.

10. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Okay, I guess I'll go with a new style of avatar. smile

Cags you remind me of a shape shifter, how many times have you changed today? lol tongue

Hey Cardisa, I had only changed my avatar 3 times. But, am now not going to use the older ones and will look around for newer ones more fitting my mission forward. smile

11. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I feel attracted to this one;

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5734660.jpg

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cute big_smile

12. profile image0

But like this one too

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5734669_f248.jpg

13. profile image0

This is the one, talks and walks lol

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5734683.jpg

And has an amazingly large beak. lol

1. profile image0

NICE!  lol

I like this one!

14. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

It's not the avatar that annoys me, it's the attitude.  I get annoyed by those who post provocative or revolting looking avatars while trying to come across as flirty or "badass" and tough.

I agree. Like having a cat as your avatar and trying to act like you are bad smile

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I actually had one just like that, it was a white fluffy kitten with a very pushed in face and a pink background with a caption saying something like I HATE EVERYTHING.  It was a reflection of my mood at the time.

I don't mind cat avatars bit some avatars are really scary looking.

1. profile image0

like some head stealing hands of avatars lol

hmm:

15. cherylone profile image88
    cheryloneposted 12 years ago

After reading this thread, I am wondering if I should change my avatar, my drunken kittie may not be the best way to get people to read my hubs.....

16. cherylone profile image88
    cheryloneposted 12 years ago

Ooops, he not really drunk, you know, he just always kinda looks that way, lol

lol

17. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Now HERE are some drunk cats!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu6PHxSyOvEjTowitjc1QnwRqyuaBholDDuL9Fo8BLYbd9CALyon4vwzW-

http://photos.weddingbycolor.com/p/000/006/605/m/50913/p/photo/148939.jpg

http://thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/drunk-cat.jpg

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/upl1/1/13254/18_2008/drunkcat/i/Drunk-Cats-Truth-Can-Now-Told.jpg

lol lol

18. MickeySr profile image78
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

Kimberly has had some avatar photo that are gorgeous - and a few that are stunningly  gorgeous . . . but that can't really be fair, she just is stunningly gorgeous so can that really count?

19. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

There are a few hubbers in the forums that I have found to be provocative in the worst possible way.  Hate-mongers, bigots, generally ignorant.  Therefore I find their avatars instantly annoying.

There are a few avatars I really like, such as the one darkside used when I first joined HP.  I believe it was a closely cropped, angled face shot.  I also like it when my favorite hubbers keep the same avatar over time, so I can instantly recognize their forum posts and hub comments.

1. homesteadbound profile image82
      homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too like to be able to instantly recognize someone.

Me too, I get a little confused when the avatars keep changing.

1. profile image0

ya but who keeps doing it I want to know?  Maddie maybe?

20. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I know its rather kinky, but I'm attracted to my own avatar! Probably not a big surprise to anyone, I guess.

1. profile image0

I'm soooooooooooooo attracted to your avatar but that probably does surprise everyone right now lol

ps-your soooooooo hot

What about this baby?

Hey Hollie, just in case you didn't see Sunforged's post....he likes it. I personally think it's a bit loud, but cool. smile

Didn't see Sunforged post, where is it? You would think it's a bit loud, you're a disagreeable bugger. lol

I think it's on the other thread....the one that says "suggest an avatar for a hubber" thread Sunforged started, after he made his comments on my avatar. wink

It ad to better than fruit loops. Wow. I've obviously lived a sheltered life in the UK. smile

2. profile image0

I'd for sure do you, for what it's worth

we are afraid to inform you lyrics is under moderation to be banned or spanked lol

Ohh la, la. lol

Like the new looks girls.

I wouldn't know what to change mine to. Every time I try something new my friends protest.

TY Cardisa. Your avatar is good the way it is. Doesn't need changing smile

I like that pretty looking bird with halo.

TY, it is a dove.

2. profile image0

lol

1. bbnix profile image59

roll   hmm   big_smile

2. bbnix profile image59

hmmmmm...I think I'm in love...
            cool

2. mega1 profile image80

I am not surprised, Kim - yu always love my avatars!  and, don't get me wrong, but smile

yur hot too!  that is, I mean, it is easy to get u hot!  not that ur easy, but -

once again, I have said too much!  lol

1. profile image0

lol :lol;

sizzle

21. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

What a fun thread with funny comments. I like the seagull for Cags-- it rises above things, soars occasionally, and will not apologize if he poops on your head-- accidentally. (JK) he probably has a lot of them where he lives.

I used to use my actual face, but it is not particularly interesting. The owl is from the cover of my children's book, so yes, it is promotional. It is a tiny, cute, appealing little predator, so I hope no one feels threatened.

lol lol

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Owls are cute, somewhere in my distant past, I believe that I learnt they  denote wisdom.

Depends on the culture-- wisdom or death.

I'll stick with wisdom.

I'm all for that.

...   wisdom, death - or maybe just cuteness.  smile  I had one show up on my porch a few years ago,and it was so adorable I'm still not over how cute it was!   smile

Was it a Saw-Whet owl? I hear them now and then but have never seen one in person-- my friend , who did the photos for our book, had one napping under her deck. That's when she got the photos, which begged to be shared.  Search my hubs for Saw Whet if you want to know more.

1. mega1 profile image80

I always liked that picture of you Rochelle - and I can see the resemblance between you and that owl, too.  Both of you very quizzical and probingly staring like - WHAT?  you said WHAT? Is that so! 

Love it.

He kind of looked like this, I think.  He (or she) was so, so, cute.  smile

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/wildlifewarrior452/IMG_9349.jpg 

I walked out into the kitchen and saw it looking in at me.  I couldn't figure out if it was a kitten or what, but knew it wasn't.  Anyway, back to avatars, I like your present one; but your previous photo of you was a nice picture, I thought.  smile

1. profile image0

should hub it, awesome shot! wow

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89

Yes, a Saw-Whet (named for their screech that sounds like someone sharpening  saw) They are about the size of a soda can and quite wide ranging across the Northern US and s. Canada, though not frequently seen. They usually hide in daytime.
                Nice shot,

2. carol3san profile image60
        carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like an avatar.  Some on them are funny and interesting.  I use one myself, obviously.  I did post my real picture with and article I wrote about compulsive eating.

3. Cardisa profile image87

I missed quite a few laughs. Hi Rochelle.

So Cags is now a seagull who poops on heads lol

1. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

22. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5754086_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image59

smile smile smile smile neutral neutral neutral neutral  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile yikes yikes yikes yikes wink wink hmm hmm tongue tongue

cool
      lol

1. profile image0

roll

1. bbnix profile image59

smile

Bbnix you crazy......for Kimmy...drooooooling

1. bbnix profile image59

I know, I know, I'm even throwing rocks at her window that's 800 feet in the air, from 3000 miles away.....I'm a freakin' lunatic...

Thanks Cardisa...I need all the support I can get...

1. profile image0

dude get a pistol like air gun bet it will work well

your welcome  smile

1. bbnix profile image59

pistol hell, I'm getting a freakin' pack of chewing gum, a trebuchet (for launching fools in love) and launching myself {I have a helmet for that very purpose) to that damn window...and yes, that chewing gum is in case I miss....
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wVADKznOhY

2. profile image0

slurp lol

1. bbnix profile image59

You keep missing the target.....I'm over here.......Geez romance makes my arm and my head hurt....

1. profile image0

cause your head has a helmet lol

1. bbnix profile image59

I know...I look ridiculous wandering the streets...lost in love....with a bright red helmet on ...plus I can't hear a thing and the damn street cars keep running me down...I have track marks all over me...

You should check...I sent you a tracks covered e-mail...

23. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5730216_f248.jpg

You are such a shape shifter, I never know how you will look the next I see you! tongue

2. profile image0

I use avatars for pure fun and distraction from working.  My profile views are always up given i change it almost every day
      and yes I am aware I need a life

24. Chaotic Chica profile image59
    Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years ago

Annoyed by an avatar? No, never.  Confused, perhaps; attracted, maybe; but I have never found myself looking at an avatar and saying 'boy does that picture bother me'.  An avatar is supposed to be your best representation of you so if one feels like something dark, dirty, goofy, or serious is how they want to  be viewed then so be it.  The more unusual ones tend to indicate a creative open-mindedness that appeals to the writer in me but plain, simple head shots have their own appeal in a proffesional manner.  I have changed mine multiple times but it's almost always an actual picture of me.  They have all represented me in one way or another but usually when I change it, it's because I took a better photo that I like more than the last.  big_smile

25. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Well, when I see a giant cross or an eagle draped in a flag, I pretty well know what to expect and usually get it.

So, yeah, I am  affected by some icons.

26. profile image0

mine irritates me as i am constipated not kissing

sad

1. bbnix profile image59

For those of us in a quite magical, somewhat delusional state, that avatar would be simply resting and readying for what will undoubtedly be the most slow, sexy, passionate, most intense, sexy (again?) kiss of her life (or she just heard of a new Steven Segal movie, but hey, whose delusional state is this...right..right that little weird guy in the corner's...bb's the name, and the HIGHEST quality delusion's are his game....)

I'm saying it again...you crazy!

1. bbnix profile image59

Only my dearest friend Cardisa understands just how much a gift my craziness is to me...unless of course we're talking about who I'm crazy about...

Thank you, my friend...I have very little but the love in my heart...

So that makes you...one very, very precious friend....I feel a tear coming on..time to go hide now...thank you....

And Oh, I'm supposed to be reserved and low key in how I express my loove.....but when the hell wAs true love freakin' controllable...ever.....hmmmm...cause like there is not one person on this planet who is more in love´than me....

thank you....

1. profile image0

????????????????????????????????????????

1. bbnix profile image59

Oh Kimberly...how many know of just how crazy in love I am....

1. profile image0

lucky chick big_smile

1. bbnix profile image59

there is no luckier...I hope she truly knows that no matter what happens my life is hers....forever...

1. profile image0

I wish this for you too bb you deserve it

cool

2. profile image0

yikes

27. profile image0

just saying....................

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5723066_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image59

See those thousands of petals passionate in color,,,romantic even..that's not even a tiny bit of how much in love I am.....and really....are there words strong enough....

The funny thing about love ...it can be enough....if you just follow your heart....

28. profile image0

I need 8 followers should I offer cash?  or comments?

1. bbnix profile image59

locked and loaded baby...not enough cash in the world can buy this...

commenters back off this is mine....I own this freakin world...and I love like no other...

1. profile image0

yikes

1. bbnix profile image59

cool

29. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5682484.jpg

30. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5680028.jpg

1. profile image0

man ok already chill out

1. bbnix profile image59

Chillin
        http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5757415_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

so lame there is no word for you man OMG!

I missed that crazy cat....been busy.

1. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5768471.jpg

31. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5708176_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image59

My otter looks better than this guy...

1. profile image0

yep drugs only explanation
        I mean I would even clean this guys kitchen TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

2. profile image0

then your otter is a fake dude with a mullet cause your talking to yourself again lol

1. bbnix profile image59

Or I've just taken up drinkin' again...naaaaghhh...talking to myself way more fun..
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5763362_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

lol lol

32. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5757564_f248.jpg

1. bbnix profile image59

Hey what are you doing in my helmet RV...

1. profile image0

roll

1. mega1 profile image80

if you're gonna post senseless drivel, then I'm gonna join in!

and you only need 4 followers! wow, like I'm impressed - they're probably all guys trying to get you know what!

1. Pcunix profile image90
            Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Money? Tickets to the playoffs?

1. mega1 profile image80

you know, more senseless drivel is pretty much all the guys I know here want!

1. mega1 profile image80

and, by gum, that's what I'ma gonna give em, too!

2. profile image0

that and Dude only accolades being so cool and all

I'm giving every one of them a 0, with respect love lust grossness and constipation of course big_smile

2. profile image0

LMFAO  lol  lol

yikes

33. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5762108.jpg

34. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5762116.jpg

35. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5762140.jpg

36. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5762150.jpg

BACK OFF THIS DUDES ALL MINE!  yikes

ugly    10 up, 7 down
    An adjective used to describe someone not blessed by the Holy Unicorn of Spazti-Land. These people are generally hideous and extremely unpleasant to be around because they do not Believe. All ugly people have a wart at the top of their forehead that normally vanishes when they are Blessed.
    Ugly? Just look around you.

1. profile image0

yikes

37. profile image0

Mega Channel
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mega Channel

Launched    20 November 1989
    Owned by    Teletypos S.A. (ΤΗΛΕΤΥΠΟΣ Α.Ε.)
    Picture format    4:3, 16:9 (576i, SDTV)
    Audience share    16.7% (13/6/2011 - 19/6/2011, AGB)
    Country    Greece
    Language    Greek
    Website    www.megatv.com
    Availability
    Terrestrial
    PAL    various frequencies
    DVB-T    DIGEA 02 multiplex.
    Satellite
    NOVA Greece    Channel 105
    Mega Channel, also known as Mega TV or just Mega, is a major television network in Greece. Teletypos S.A. was founded in 1989 under the name Teletypos Television Programmes S.A. and the trade name "MEGA CHANNEL."[1] It was the first private television station in Greece, launched on air in November 20, 1989.
    Mega's programming consists mainly of Greek programmes such as comedies, dramas, news, current affairs and entertainment shows. In recent years, Mega Channel has overtaken its main rival ANT1 as the most popular channel in Greece, largely due to hit shows like 50-50, Sto Para Pente' and Savvatogennimenes[citation needed].
    Mega Channel studios are located on Mesogeion Avenue in Athens. It was previously located in the town of Paeania, Attiki.

1. mega1 profile image80

so, then, like I would be SO popular in Greece! dude.  I'm going there.  They have sparkling ocean and that blue, blue sky - and they dress in those cool sheets!  I could be so fine as a Greek!

but WAIT!  don't they stone women for adultery there? or something?  And the old women have to wear those long black dresses?  and their eyebrows meet in the middle?  Like they're all Frida Kahlo?  oh well.  guess I'll just keep saving up for my trip to New Guinea.

just joking - I love Greeks - the only Greek men I've met have been incredibly jealous and possessive though.  That's just in my experience.  I bet there are some real sweethearts there.   and I don't really believe that crap I wrote above, so don't nobody start going ballistic becuz they think I'm a racist or anti-Greek or anything

38. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5762170_f248.jpg

39. profile image0

oops better work lol

40. aware profile image69
    awareposted 12 years ago

Ive thought to my self . On more than one occasion.Kim's avatar is one id sure like to bang.
      these words came to me in song.

1. profile image0

oh god please sing and ps you have mail cool

41. aware profile image69
    awareposted 12 years ago

smiles   goosebumps .   we just crashed into each other in mid air

1. profile image0

and it was f@cking fantastic
      Bang!  big_smile

42. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I bet there's a whole lot of gun control supporters out there who hate mine. Oh well, like I learned in Girl Scouts, be prepared!

43. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

The weird looking picture of me is a real portrait painted from a photo when I did look like that! There are lots of avatars I am attracted to.

1. profile image0

always loved this one Eli smile

44. profile image0

this avatar crosses the bow fashion lines

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5773555_f248.jpg

lol lol

Kimmy you are a genius!

45. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 12 years ago

I had a hard time choosing whether to put my current avatar picture up, or the one from the same shoot where I was smoking and flipping the bird.  Obviously, film noir won out over personality.  ;-)

1. profile image0

omg your hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

46. bbnix profile image59
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

I love people's avatars...seriously...

The avatar choice is a little window into one's personality, no matter a picture of themselves or not, an auto-biographical ink blot of sorts...

but, personally, I find my own avatar hard to take, I mean who wears a fire red helmet all the freakin time.....only a nutcase, I think....and what about helmet hair? ..I mean, crimini, dude, my avatar's hair must be one messy lump of solid hair...like Donald Trump's...

47. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

There are a few avatars that annoy me, especially the ones that pop up all over the internet, like the pic of the cat with a citrus fruit helmet. There's another repetitive avatar that's an apple, which is kind of funny because that's my avatar on Digital Point simply because I didn't care to use anything special at the time.

Another type that annoy me are pictures of people that obviously aren't the writer. Like a picture of some random business-y looking person with a headset on. That immediately says "spammer" to me.

I like it when people have a pic of themselves, but don't mind if people have a pic of something they enjoy, perhaps their pets or a character they relate to... it's really about representing yourself. smile

48. Alice N Wonder profile image60
    Alice N Wonderposted 12 years ago

I do not like the idea of using a head shot as an avatar.  I used to do this, but people are crazy and it makes me a bit nervous.  Think about it, you put your name, your location and your photo online, and any lunatic can find you...  Creepy.  Don't worry, I am new here but not one of the crazies, lol.  No, I now prefer a pen name and a curious avatar.

Mine is a photo I took at a park.  It is not the greatest photo ever, but I like it.  It (to me) captured what I was seeing.  I was inside of this boathouse where kids apparently hang out at night or whatever.  There was an old beat up fireplace and graffiti on the walls.  It was pretty ripped up, but the contrast to what you see through the doorway is remarkable (to me).  Outside is bright and glorious with green grass, lush trees, flowers, and sunshine, all overlooking a cool and wonderful lake.  It made me feel great, so I had to keep it in my pocket, and I did...

Yours is nice and I understand the caution, but I live in Jamaica so I don't think most crazy will be crazy enough to want to find me...lol

1. profile image0

sista so true the craziest thing I ever saw was someone call someone crazy, knowing they were crazy!  Now that's crazy!  smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5773571_f248.jpg

lol lol lol tongue

49. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

How did I miss this thread... Hysterical! I might be stalked by someone desperate, but I like to see people's real faces!

50. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Should I bring this one back?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5505538.jpg

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oooh creepy!

That's just scary! YIKES!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)