My 13-year anniversary with HubPages!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (81 posts)
  1. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

It is hard to believe that 13 years have passed since I wrote my first post on this site.  Many things have changed over the years, and what I appreciate most are the HP friends from all around the world that I have gotten to know.  Cheers to friendships new and old!

1. James A Watkins profile image84
      James A Watkinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Peggy W. I have read lots of your articles over those years. I think I joined right about the same time.

2. AliciaC profile image94
      AliciaCposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Peggy! Thirteen years is impressive. I love your last sentence. The friendships made via this site are wonderful.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image70
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hey Peggy, congratulations on your 13 anniversary! More fruitful years to you.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Peggy well done and huge congrats for this impressive achievement. Despite all the ups and downs you've stayed the course and now everyone wants to know your secret formula for HP longevity with success!?

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Many Congratulations Dear Peggy!
      That’s a huge achievement. HubPages is not the same as it was earlier. But, I completely agree with you, that the biggest strength of this site is it’s global supportive community.
      I have always enjoyed reading your articles over the years, and I cherish your friendship. I will complete 10 years shortly.
      Thank you and my best wishes for you always.

6. lizmalay profile image93
      lizmalayposted 2 years agoin reply to this

A huge compliment, Peggy! Congratulations on your astounding achievement on Hub Pages. I'm sure you have had a wonderful and enjoyable experience writing articles on this platform. Some of my favorites are the delicious dish recipes you've shared. I'm glad to have you as one of my readers on HP. Congrats again and have a lovely weekend!

7. Chuck profile image83
      Chuckposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Peggy.  I agree that in addition to being a great place to write HubPages is also a great place to get to know and share ideas with writers from all over the world.  Your articles are great and I have enjoyed reading them over the past13 years. Keep on writing.

8. heidithorne profile image93
      heidithorneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yay, Peggy! I've enjoyed getting to know you here on HP, and on social media, too. I'm coming up on my 9th anniversary on HP. Wow, hard to believe we've all been here that long. smile Thank you for all you bring to our HP community! Happy Holidays!

9. PegCole17 profile image92
      PegCole17posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Has it been that long? Amazing. Congratulations on sticking around through thick and thin. I think we started here about the same time. I came in 2009. It's been a crazy ride but through all the changes, like you said, it's the friendships that we've developed and enjoyed as we built our styles over the years.
      Cheers to you, Peggy. I always enjoy reading your work and seeing the fabulous photos you share on your travels.
      Hugs,
      Peg

10. erorantes profile image50
      erorantesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations miss Peggy w. I wish you many more years to come. I remembered you. You left a beautiful comment to me. Thank you.

11. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

HAPPY 13th  ANNIVERSARY!

12. Stephen Tomkinson profile image90
      Stephen Tomkinsonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thirteen years? Wow! I just started today. Hope that I last as long.

13. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Peggy! I have read your articles and they are all good. I wish you a wonderful year 2022 and more years on HubPages.

2. Peggy W profile image94

Hi James,

We are both long-timers on this site.  Wishing you a happy and healthy end of the year and a great 2022 to come!

3. Peggy W profile image94

Thanks Linda.  I have enjoyed reading so many of your informative pieces through the years.  A terrific plus to writing on this site are the many online friendships developed over time.

4. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Congratulations Peggy. May you keep on writing fabulous articles many, many more years ahead. Wish you all the best.

5. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Dear Peggy,

Thirteen years is a pretty long period. You worked so hard and stretched your abilities to the maximum to achieve this success. Heartfelt congratulations!

I'm in awe of your talent and dedication. You're awesome!" I'm extremely proud of you.

Very well done! So proud to have a friend like you!

Cheers!!
    Blessings and Love

6. bdegiulio profile image96
    bdegiulioposted 2 years ago

Congratulations Peggy.  Time sure does fly by, 13 years is impressive.  I am coming up on 10 early next year, hard to believe.  I’ve certainly enjoyed reading your articles over the years.  Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s what makes HubPages a wonderful community.

7. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

Congratulations Peggy! I remember you throughout the years with all your wonderful articles. I have been here a long time like you, and I treasure our relationship oner those yeas. I hope you stay here regardless of the changes.

8. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Congratulations Peggy, you are about six months ahead of me. It has been wonderful reading your articles, great food and recipes, and viewing lovely photos of places I will unfortunately never get to visit. I am proud to count you among the friends I have made here. Here’s to the next lucky 13 years.

9. emge profile image79
    emgeposted 2 years ago

This is well done. Congratulations on your perseverance.

10. bhattuc profile image85
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

Congratulations on this great milestone and I wish you more and more many years of such active writing in future also.
    Blessings and have a nice time.

11. Eurofile profile image96
    Eurofileposted 2 years ago

Congratulations, Peggy. I have enjoyed reading your articles. I have learnt a lot about your local area and appreciate the recipes.
    I am especially grateful for the encouragement and helpful advice that you have given me during my much shorter time on Hub Pages.
    It is people like you that make this community such a supportive network for writers. Thank you.

12. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago

That's wonderful!  Congratulations!

13. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

Congrats! You've been here longer than me!

14. Ben716 profile image90
    Ben716posted 2 years ago

I have been a hubpage around the same time as yours. I wasn't active back then as I wasn't earning anything until vertical sites creation from hubpages began drawing in a considerably traffic.

So many changes have occurred.

Happy birthday on being one of the Pioneer hubbers on Hubpages.

15. Peggy W profile image94

Thank you, Miebakagh57.  May your years here be fruitful as well.

16. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Rosina,

Thanks for the congratulations.  It has been fun getting to know more about you through your writings on this site.

17. Peggy W profile image94

Dear Misbah,

We would undoubtedly never have met were it not for an online writing platform like HubPages.  Isn't that great!  You have such a large heart, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you through your writings.

18. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

For being 10 years with  HubPages, Peggy deserve to be congratulated.

19. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Bill,

I have always enjoyed your articles as well, and your photography is beautiful.  So glad that you write on this site.  Thanks for the congrats.

20. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Pamela,

It has been wonderful getting to know you through your writings about medical issues and other creations of yours.  It is amazing how many of us have written on this site for so many years.  I hope it continues.

21. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 2 years ago

Super!

22. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Cheers, Peggy, to HP friendships and online-writer longevity. Happy 13th anniversary and congratulations on your success!

23. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Congratulations, Peggy. You started writing on HubPages a year earlier than I began. One of the reasons I see that you’ve been so successful is that you keep all your articles fresh with updated content. That’s a lot of work, especially with all the articles you’ve published, but I know it pays off well for keeping up with it. And your passion for traveling, nature, and photography surly keeps you going with endless ideas to write about. This is not only your 13th anniversary, but it’s also a tribute to your success!

24. Peggy W profile image94

Hi John,

I always enjoy learning something about your part of the world.  Your wit with poetry is amazing!  So glad to count you among my online friends.

25. Peggy W profile image94

Hi chef-de-jour,

To answer your question about a "secret formula for HP longevity with success"...it does take a while to gain traction and keep learning how best to optimize our articles.  I knew nothing in the beginning, and the information in the learning center has been so very helpful.  We also learn from one another.  There are some terrific writers on this site!

26. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Chitrangada,

I did not know the number of years, but knew that you have been writing on this site for a number of years.  10 is a good round number!  It has been such a pleasure getting to know you through the years.  Best wishes to you too!

27. Abby Slutsky profile image92
    Abby Slutskyposted 2 years ago

Congratulations.

28. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Congratulations on your huge achievement, Peggy.
    You have the creativity and the determination to do whatever you want. You must feel proud and confident in your abilities.

29. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

Congratulations, Peggy.  That's quite a record.  Your articles are pure joy to read.  I love learning about tourists spots and taking your tour. I appreciate you and the support you've given me all these years. Blessings to you!

30. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Congrats Peggy. We love your articles and treasure your friendship. Wishing you many more years of writing. We look forward to reading your wonderful work.

31. Eric Caunca profile image96
    Eric Cauncaposted 2 years ago

Congratulations! <3 <3 <3

32. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 2 years ago

Congratulations Peggy! And wishing you many more years here on HP!

33. Miebakagh57 profile image70

She deserves it.

34. Peggy W profile image94

Hi emge,

Thanks for the congratulations.  I appreciate it.

35. Peggy W profile image94

Hello bhattuc,

Thanks!  It is amazing how time flies!  Yes, I intend to keep writing here and hope that this site, unlike so many others, stands the test of time.

36. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Liz,

Thank you for those lovely words.  Our community of writers often become good online friends.  I love reading what you have written about your travels, and your photography makes me feel as if I am almost there with you.  Please keep sharing your work with us.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70

That's why I read those I follow or not. It enthused me.

37. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Glimmer Twin Fan,

I appreciate the congrats, and thanks for being a part of what makes HubPages successful.

38. Peggy W profile image94

Hi PaulGoodman,

You did not say how long you have been writing on this site, but keep it up!  Before long, you will also be celebrating those accumulating anniversaries!

39. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Ben,

Nice to know that the niche sites are bringing in more money for you!

40. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Peggy, may all the  congratulatory posts continue to pour in.                                                For making !3 solid years on HubPages, you greatly deserve such patting on the back.                                         Way to go: 13 years is just a decade. Add another.                                               I like reading your writes. Congratulations, Peggy.

41. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Liza,

I am so glad to know that you enjoy reading my recipes.  I like to mix it up a bit with the subject matter, but it is good to know.  I enjoy reading your articles too.  Thanks for the congrats!

42. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Chuck,

As you wrote, we continue to learn from one another and get to see places around the world that we may never get to visit in person.  That is a feature that I really appreciate!  I always enjoy your journeys and the photos you share with us.

43. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Heidi,

The years do seem to accumulate rapidly!  It has been such a pleasure getting to know you too!

44. Miebakagh57 profile image70

The online world is providing friendship immensely.

45. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

Hi mister Miebakagh57. Happy holidays. You are right.

erorantes, you're welcome.

46. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Glenn,

I did not realize how important it is to keep updating our articles.  I really started doing that about a year ago.  In January I will start going through many of them again.  Often I find that things have changed, so updates can be really important!  Thanks for your message of congratulations.

47. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 2 years ago

Awesome. Peggy.....here's to 13 more, my dear friend.

48. Nazmunn profile image72
    Nazmunnposted 2 years ago

It feels good to see when I find hubbers like you who are here for years. I have just take a look at your profile. You have wonderful articles to share with us ^_^

Nazmunn, I like what you say about Peggy and her work here.                                    But why don't you write in English on facebook?                                      Thankfully, translator button is there. But it couldn't convey your thoughts and intents accurately.

49. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Peg,

It has been fun reading your articles through the years, and some have morphed into your books as well.  It is amazing at the online friendships that can develop over time when reading each other's work.  Thanks for the congrats!

50. Peggy W profile image94

Hi manlypoetryman,

I am glad that you have decided to keep writing after a hiatus.  Yes, there have been many changes through the years!  At least this site has been able to stay afloat when so many others have come and gone.  Cheers to many more years of writing your articles, and thanks for the congrats of my 13th anniversary on HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)