Barack Obama won't allow Gov. Abercrombie to Release His Birth Cert

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (170 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Hawaii won't release Obama birth info

January 22, 2011 1:49 AM
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HONOLULU  Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie will end his quest to prove President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii because it's against state law to release private documents, his office said Friday.

State Attorney General David Louie told the governor he can't disclose an individual's birth documentation without a person's consent, Abercrombie spokeswoman Donalyn Dela Cruz said.

"There is nothing more that Gov. Abercrombie can do within the law to produce a document," said Dela Cruz. "Unfortunately, there are conspirators who will continue to question the citizenship of our president."

Abercrombie, who was a friend of Obama's parents and knew him as a child, launched an effort last month to find a way to dispel conspiracy theories that the president was born elsewhere. The governor said at the time he was bothered by people who questioned Obama's birthplace for political reasons.

But Abercrombie's investigation reached a dead end when Louie told him the law restricted his options.

Hawaii's privacy laws have long barred the release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who doesn't have a tangible interest.

So-called "birthers" claim Obama is ineligible to be president because they say there's no proof he was born in the United States, with many of the skeptics questioning whether he was actually born in Kenya, his father's home country.

Hawaii's health director said in 2008 and 2009 that she had seen and verified Obama's original vital records, and birth notices in two Honolulu newspapers were published within days of Obama's birth at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu.

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo again confirmed Friday that Obama's name is found in its alphabetical list of names of people born in Hawaii, maintained in bound copies available for public view.

That information, called index data, shows a listing for "Obama II, Barack Hussein, Male," according to the department's website. The president was born Aug. 4, 1961.

"The index is just to say who has their records within the department. That's an indication," Okubo said. "I can't talk about anyone's records."

The Obama campaign issued a certificate of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state showing the president's birth date, city and name, along with his parents' names and races.

http://www.gazette.câ��â��om/ … z1Byw9pnv2

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where does it say that Obama won't allow Gov Abercrombie to release his birth certificate?
      All your quote says is that the laws of Hawaii won't allow the publication of anybody's birth certificate, not just the presidents, anybody's!!

Shame on all of you who will treat your president as no better than a common criminal.

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All he has to do is say the word.

1. profile image0
          jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"All he has to do is say the word" ????

He doesn't (HAVE TO) say anything! 

A certificate of live birth was issued by his campaign!

Give us a workable link to the article you are quoting!!!

Let us read the article without your spin.

1. bgamall profile image67
            bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He had two newspaper articles telling of his birth. And he is on the rolls in the volumes of birth, the books showing who is born.

Give it up. Focus on 911 or something real.

1. bgamall profile image67
              bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the 911 conspiracy is real. Birther diversion isn't. The new financial order is real. Birther diversion is a waste of time.

1. profile image0

I really find it ironic that the same people wanting government to pry into Obama's affairs, are the same people that claim that there is too much intrusive government. 
                Perhaps the right wingers will set up yet another committee to investigate this issue further.  Just what the people need,  More for the taxpayers to have heaped on their shoulders.  I wish they would make up their minds!
                I thought a person was innocent until proven guilty.  Where is AnnCee's proof?  Why can't she and others accept the documentation that has been already furnished?  Bring the proof, not just accusations and inuendos!
                AnnCee, when is, and what will be your next scheduled negative diversion against the Obamas?
                You continue to embellish articles beyond their actual content, leaving a spectre of suspicion in the minds of the people, (WITHOUT PROOF), then complain that the government hasn't proven it for you!

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
          Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The burden of proof is on the birthers.

The birthers have no case that is not based on conjecture, presumption, and myth.

But some people, even non-idiots, will believe in anything, no matter how ludicrous, if it fits their own worldview.

2. DTR0005 profile image60
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

John, you are right, but this crap will NEVER go away - EVER! This country has gone squirley as hell in case you hadn't already come to that conclusion...

Governor Abercrombie said he would release the long form birth certificate to make this thing go away.   Time passes.  Nothing.

Then news story is published repeating what everyone already knew.   Document can't be released without permission of principal.

I presume Abercrombie knew, like everyone else knew, that Obama's permission would be needed.  I presume he asked for that permission.  I presume he was denied that permission after a period of time.

Why would Barack Obama leave the governor of Hawaii flapping in the breeze?

What is it with Obama supporters?   They never defend him really.  Instead they attack anyone who questions him.

1. DTR0005 profile image60

Good point. I can only theorize on the reasons he hasn't put this to bed for good. Perhaps, and this isn't that big a stretch, he enjoys the polictical boost he receives everytime some ultra-conservative starts shooting off their mouth in the media and winds up making themselves look, well, silly and a bit ignorant in the process. Don't underestimate the "underdog factor" - pick on someone long enough and they start to garner sympathy from many sides. Perhaps he and his administration don't wish to dignify the accusation with a response. Or maybe the Obama Administration considers this a "non-issue" as his opponents, the Republican Party, certainly vetted him before the 2008 election campaign. In other words, the GOP didn't put up a fuss about his constitutional eligibility to be president until AFTER he was already elected. And this is messed up on so many levels as to render that idea absurd.

And I believe the Left go on the "attack" for the following reason, a reason based in what lawyers sometimes call the "Giggle Test" -
            A teenage white girl, 18 years of age, becomes pregnant. The father is basically an African exchange student - not an American. They are unwed and virtually penniless. In the woman's third trimester of pregnancy, she decides to "spirit" herself away - literally half-way across the world - so that her son can be born in a third-world nation with less-than-third-world maternity care. And she does this, at the time, without an American passport and without entry paperwork into Kenya - such as a travel visa. This means she would have had to stow-away on either an airliner or on a boat. And as a stow-away, of course, no one would notice a very pregnant woman without travel papers, etc. Now the consipracy really comes into play. Obama's mother and grandparents arrange to "fake" or falsify birth announcements in two independent newspapers in Hawaii stating  he was indeed born in a state-side hospital because 45 or so years later they were convinced that their little baby boy would be President of the United States, and as he was really born in Kenya, he would be ineligible to be president. Are you giggling yet? You really should be - as the father of three children, I can tell you one thing beyond any reasonable doubt - no woman in her third trimester of pregnancy is going to travel half-way around the world to give birth in a third-world nation - not for love nor money. So yes, the Left does goes on the attack. It goes on the offensive because this stuff reads like bad fiction - really BAD fiction. Now I have written Sarah Palin and have requested she send me a certified copy of her highschool diploma; to date, I have received no response...

1. N.E. Wright profile image71
              N.E. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was giggling.  LOL.  Then laughing.  LOL.

You are so right, and so funny at the same time. 

Thank you for your insight.

N.E.

2. megs11237 profile image60
          megs11237posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Squirely is the perfecto wordo. AGREED!

That lady Orly Tavitz or whatever is FOREIGN even if she is a citizen at this point. I think we should ask her for her proof of citizenship and then ask and then ask and then take her to court over and over and over again.

Have we lost our minds??

I certainly do not like a bunch of things he has done and I have like a few but I cannot believe this is a subject of discussion. OMG

1. lovemychris profile image77
            lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Amljmaamj0

Orly Taitz is working for Benjamin Netanyahu

2. lovemychris profile image77

Hmmmmm:

"Orly Taitz thinks "it might be a good time to start rallies and protests using our second amendment right to bare arms" against our "Kenyan, Indonesian communist usurper" President."

Dang....sound familiar?

3. lovemychris profile image77

Well   Well    Weeeelllll:

"Not surprisingly, since the world of the Global Elite is really quite small and inter-connected, other, seemingly unconnected world news stories find their way into this massive web of deception.

This trail leads us to a "Dr. Orly Taitz" and her husband, Yosef. As Nicoloff declares: "Taitz, a practicing dentist, attorney, and licensed real estate agent who lives in Southern California's posh, coastline community, Mission Viejo, has filed numerous lawsuits and legal motions on behalf of former U.S. Senate candidate Alan Keyes (and others) demanding proof of Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.'s (aka Barry Soetoro, et al) citizenship eligibility to serve as president of the United States. Taitz recently published 'proof' that she had standing to practice law before the U.S. Supreme Court and claims to have "met personally" with Chief Justice John Roberts." 

Nicoloff then writes: "Yosef Taitz, the self-described "CEO" of Daylight Chemical Information Systems, Inc., a private software company located in Mission Viejo, CA, Santa Fe, NM, and Cambridge, England. DCIS, Inc. is intimately involved with Novartis Pharmaceuticals (United States, Switzerland, Germany, France, England), the patent holder of the bird/swine flu vaccination. The "DayCart" software produced by DCIS, Inc. integrates ongoing research and development by Novartis and others using proprietary Oracle 8i technologies." 

What Nicoloff fails to mention, however, is the fact that Novartis' patent specifically details that the viral pathogen which the patented vaccine is designed to protect against is a "reverse engineered" designer virus that could only have been created in the labs of Ft. Detrick utilizing ORACLE 8i equipped computers. This is EXACTLY what Michael Riconosciuto testified about years earlier concerning the Biological Warfare capabilities of ORACLE 8i software."

Which leads to this!! The Last Circle..you gotta read this!:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=132825.0

3. Evan G Rogers profile image62
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, i was a bit confused on that part as well...

... from what I read it was STATE LAW that prevented the disclosure...

... yeah...

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

why will Obama not put an end to this and release the info and stop it?

makes you wounder about that part, even though I feel he is a citizen of the U.S., you gotta wounder some? He needs to put all this crap to bed once and for all.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think releasing any info would satisfy the birthers?

Do you seriously think that they won't claim it's a forgery? And use the publicity to spread other crazy claims? The conclusive evidence is birth announcements in two separate Hawaii newspapers just days after Obama was born. Those can't be forged, even by the CIA and there's no reason or way the parents in Kenya could have planted the birth announcement or any reason WHY they would.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He has.  You haven't.

2. Wealthmadehealthy profile image59
      Wealthmadehealthyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

THIS MY FELLOW HUBBER IS A GROSS MIS-STATEMENT ON YOUR PART.  THERE     IS  NO  BIRTH  CERTIFICATE ISSUED  BY  THE  STATE OF HAWAII

READ THE ABOVE STATEMENT AGAIN AND FOLLOW THIS LINK.....When will anyone get it.  The person under discussion has already been proved to have been born in Kenya and is NOT  I REPEAT NOT A US CITIZEN. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/reply/1441357

1. megs11237 profile image60

So how how then did they print the announcement way back when??

Do you think it is a secret cult who conspired to make him president when he was born so they put an announcement in the Hawaii paper because he is the Antichrist and they knew that he would be president one day.

Dude reality check. You need to be medicated, sorry.

2. John Holden profile image61

So I read the above statement again and what do I see, why, I see

"The Obama campaign issued a certificate of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state showing the president's birth date, city and name, along with his parents' names and races."

It's pretty sad when you get so desperate that you have to resort to documents that prove you wrong to try to argue your case.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image72

False statement is false.

2. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

John,  AnnCee has pulled this kind of crap before.  It seems that she is out to smear the Obamas, whether it be for political or other reasons.

She posted that the Obamas were attending a church service to hear a pro-Palestinian speaker that was scheduled to speak at that church.  The Obamas did attend services at that church on that day, but they attended an earlier service, and left the church before the Pro-palestinian speaker started speaking.

This information was in the article she was quoting, but she conveniently left it out of the title of her thread.

It's people like her that start this kind of garbage, leaving many people thinking the worst about the Obamas. She should team up with Fox news,she would fit right in. Fair and balanced???????????

It's not even clever crap either, mostly her reading things that are so obviously not in the item.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
        Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thisis not the only instance where we need to see an original birth certificate in my opinion.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59

sry hit the wrong button lol.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4487690_f248.jpg

thats awesome

3. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think there is something to this now. That Hawaiian gov can't find the long form documentation of obama's birth certificate, he just says that it's in the archives.  What he has made clear is that for some reason, that birth certificate is hard to find.  Why? It's not as if Hawaiian statehood was all that long ago and they have to go through reams and reams of paper.  The only reason the gov has to quit is because of the law.

If Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, then everything he signed should be considered worthless.  That healthcare bill could be worth less than the ink used to write it.

I thought you were just right leaning, I didn't realize you were leaning to crazy man.

Unsupported conjecture is unsupported.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Hubpals, Obama was born in Hawaii. Why won't he release the official long form BC? I think it's one of two reasons:

A. He doesn't have to. All the conjecture and conspiracy theories are a diversion.

B. There's something on there that he doesn't want to be public knowledge. Maybe it's his father's name, religion, etc. Maybe the BC says he's white, or that he weighed only four pounds. Whatever it is, I don't think it would have anything to do with his leadership abilities or his legal right to serve as POTUS.

I agree with you. I mean look - he was born to a single, white basically "teenage" women in the early 1960's. His father was a Kenyan national and a Muslim- not your typical pedigree for a president. Will this sh&t never go away???

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Whatever it is, I don't think it would have anything to do with his leadership abilities"

What leadership abilities?

1. profile image0

Jim,  I hope you had that plumber of yours handy after that remark because that is an awfully big load of BS, and will take probably more than one flush.

You feel you have the right to criticize Obama's leadership abilities. Maybe you can explain in detail exactly what Obama has done wrong in his first 2 years in office, and exactly what you would have done if you were in his place  to solve our nation's problems.
        Keep in mind that he has had little or no cooperation from the repubs, and he was left one huge economic mess from Shrub's stint in office, that had to be addressed.

All we seem to get from you most of the time, is one line zingers.  Now is your chance to shine.  We are waiting for your words of wisdom.
        please don't disappoint us.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

"Keep in mind that he has had little or no cooperation from the repubs"

This is exactly why you don't deserve a response.

He had both the House and Senate and still failed.

1. profile image0

Jim, You are the one that intimated that Obama has no leadership abilities!

Now, How about putting your money where your mouth is?

Like I said, Now's your chance to shine!  What's your solutions to the problems of our nation?

Can we expect an answer, or another one line zinger dodge maneuver?

I think most people know the answer.  You seem to only be blowing smoke out of your backside, and have no other reason for your complaints and inuendos against Obama, than partisan politics!

5. AnnCee profile image66

Well glory be and pass the biscuits, there are some sensible people here who can read the news and see it for what it is.  Interesting.

HillBuzz has put forward a theory that the existing birth certificate may be under the name Soetero.  When a child is adopted his name is changed on the original birth certificate. 

The mainstream media has invested a lot in discrediting those who are interested in Barack Obama's birth certificate.  The Obama team has paid lawyers to fight efforts to make it available to see.

Why so secret?

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
      William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who cares?  You people are pathetic. 

Edit:  by "You people" I mean the folks who keep whining about birth certificate conspiracies.  Give it up.

"HillBuzz has put forward a theory "
      Unsupported theories are nothing more than wishful thinking and guesses.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Time to choose a new issue. This one is dead as a doornail.
    And no, I do not have the doornail's death certificate.

I disagree.   Is that okay with you?

1. Flightkeeper profile image65
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find it funny that the libbies will speculate as to who Trig and Trip Palin's real Mom is but create all sorts of diversions when it comes to Obama's birth certificate. Obama is a public figure, taxes and other documents will come under scrutiny and his refusal to disclose his birth certificate will continue to exacerbate the speculation.

I hadn't heard of this one regarding Trig and Trip Palin's real mom... interesting. I have speculated on whether Sarah Palin did indeed graduate highschool though...

That is a joke flightkeeper that people make. Sarcasm. It is not serious.

Also He DID disclose it.

2. Stump Parrish profile image59

What makes a person think that the Democrats are stupid enough to niminate as their choice for president a man who might not be legally allowed to hold the office. They had another choice that was qualified in Hillary.

No direct reflection on you here Ann, but i get tired of hearing all the dropout geniuses in this country thinking to themselves, "Gosh dang it, Ill bet them demcraps never thought to do no background check Barake Obomna, I got him now, I done out smarted the entire united states government. Wonder how big a medal I''ll get."

What happens if your right, we get a new president named Biden. This is what the birthers are really after isn't it?, They are closet Biden Fans and want him in the big chair.

1. lovemychris profile image77

Biden is a Zionist.

2. AnnCee profile image66

What makes me think Democrats are dumb enough to niminate a foreigner?   Hmmm. . . .    let me think about that and get back to you.  8^]

1. profile image0
            Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You weren't asking for Bush's birth certificate. Nope. You only want the black guy to show you he is a citizen, when legally the Supreme Court has already declared he is...nice. Does it keep you warm to be a bigot? Does it overwhelm you that your positions are based in racism? Do you ever get bothered that people like you bring shame to this country? Nope...no, it doesn't.

"I disagree.   Is that okay with you?"
        Sure, it's okay. Just don't expect anyone with critical thinking skills to take you even remotely seriously.

7. Mighty Mom profile image78

Obama is wise to not give permission.
    He has passed the litmus tests and the vetting process to be placed on the ballot by the Dems and won the election to be sworn in as POTUS.
    He owes the "birthers" nothing.
    It's like negotiating with terrorists. The minute you give in to their demand they come up with a new demand.
    This is a non-issue to President Obama and he is smart to just ignore it.
    The old saying, "I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer" comes to mind.

8. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

"The Obama campaign issued a certificate of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state showing the president's birth date, city and name, along with his parents' names and races."

Why is this not good enough?

They can't see panther because they don't want to. They are so hate filled that nothing will satisfy them.

It is good enough for anyone with critical thinking skills.
      It is not good enough for anyone with an irrational need to destroy this particular president for whatever reason.

9. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

If Obama was white, nobody would ask for his birth certificate.

No other president has been asked for his birth certificate.

He was born to a white middle class mother who was LIVING in Hawaii at the time of his birth.

Or do we now have 'GHOSTLY' births with the mother in Hawaii and the child being magically born in Kenya.

I honestly think this entire think is bird brained.

Sophia, I tend to agree with the race angle comment. I never wanted to think about this because doing so makes me cringe - literally.  It may be 2011 and we have certainly come far as a nation but divides in the nation along "traditional" boundaries and demographics still exist.

2. Flightkeeper profile image65

I was wondering when someone would bring the race card.  It sure didn't take long.  Actually you're wrong.  When McCain made his run for the president, his birthplace was questioned by the media and libs because he was born in an army base outside of the US.  So if there is some question mark about a candidate's elegibility it should be discussed, however, libs have been remarkable about implying and calling anybody racist who questions eligibility about Obama. Thanks for being an example.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Flightkeeper, it's not the questioning of the birth place that I'm referring to. It's the refusal to accept the obvious. If Obama's mother was in the country (and that has been shown to be so) at the time of his birth, then obviously he was born here, and not in Kenya. Nobody seems to have thought of that.

Also, even if he was born outside the country, the fact that he was born to an American mother makes him American.

I know plenty of Americans who were born in South Africa because their American parents were there on business at the time. For example, my best friend's father was the CEO of General Motors South Africa. He was American.

One is American if one is born on American soil (that is the law) and one is American if one of one's parents is American and one is living outside of America. That is the law.

Even if Obama was born outside of America, he is still American by virtue of the fact that he is born to an American mother.

So, yes, I do think it's racism. I think that these people are trying to get rid of Obama any way they can, and they are using the birth certificate issue to do so because they think it's valid.

However, they are so incredibly ignorant that they don't realize that just by virtue of having an American mother, even if he was born on the far side of the moon, he would still be American. Go look it up.

And I'm talking about people, like you, who don't allow people to question Obama's elegibility.  It's fine if you accept it, others don't, and that's fine too.  What I dislike is you inferring that people who do question his elegibility involves his being black.  That's what you said in your first sentence.  People could be questioning his elegibility because they want to make sure that the candidate has met the requirements.  You are the one thinking that it's because Obama is black.  It could be the racism is on your part.  If Obama was white and born in Russia from one American parent, his elegibility would still be questioned.

"one is American if one of one's parents is American and one is living outside of America. That is the law."  This is the part that people question about whether it meets the requirements for a presidential candidates elegibility.

1. profile image0

@Flightkeeper. I diiodn't see anyone questioning the elegibility of George Bush. Why is that? I didn't see anyone questioning the eligiblity of Bill Clinton. More to the point, this question of his eligibility has been settled numerous times. There are numerous people that have stated that they were present at his birth. There were announcements in the newspapers. His mother was in Hawaii at the time of his birth.

I don't deny the right of anyone to question anything. Howeiover, when people persist in asking such stupid qusetions (because the answer is so obvious), then there is obviously something else behind it.

Yes, I absolutely believe that peopel who are questioning the eligibility of POTUS dont' want him as president because of his race.

I also think that these people are the same ones that probably think he is Muslim. If, of course, they were educated enoguh to know what something about Islam, they'd know he isn't.

My personal bet is tha tthe man is an atheist. Most highly intelligent, highly educated people are.

Well then if you question others intentions because you think it involves race then that's what you'll see.

2. Flightkeeper profile image65

And somehow, he manages to put the country in the most debt than all the presidents before him. lol

1. profile image0

Actually, he didn't. He inherited the debt. And he did need some money to fix the systemic problems that are responsible for the debt. He's probably the first decent president America for the past four decades. He's the only one who actually cares about normal people and sees the intense corruption out there.

He is fighting against immense corruption in both Congress and the Senate.

Just because one is president does not mean that he has absolute power to do exactly what he likes. The system doesn't work that  way.

He added to the debt and it was the most debt.  Look it up.

1. profile image0

Yes, I know he added a lot of debt. However, the bulk of the total debt was not created by Obamea. It was created by previous presidents. Yes, he might have added 10% to the debt but where was he supposed to get the money to fix up the problems?

And this just proves my point.

Whether he has good or bad policies has nothing to do with his birth certificate. This OP is about his birth certificate.

Well, you're stuck with him. And, just think, you might be stuck with him for another term... smile

2. William R. Wilson profile image60

Then why don't we hear the same bitching and moaning about McCain, who was born in Panama?  Has he produced a birth certificate?  Has he been taken to court to prove his eligibility to serve in Congress?

You don't know the answer to that?

Figures.

2. profile image57
              C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know better than that! The only citizenship requirement for senators is that you be a citizen for 9 years.

Actually I didn't know that, but he did run for president so it seems like he should be subject to the same scrutiny as Obama.

1. profile image57
                  1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

The difference is, when McCain's citizenship was established, the folks who asked about it said, "Oh. Okay, then." and they didn't keep pretending he was ineligible.

But the Obama birthers keep on flogging the dead horse. They can't come up with a legitimate way to get the guy out of office, so they have to make up a bunch of nonsense that sounds like it might possibly be plausible, but only if there was some kind of huge, massive, world-girdling conspiracy that had the Obama presidency as its goal.

But people will believe all kinds of crazy stuff if it fits their narrative.

10. B. Matter profile image61
    B. Matterposted 13 years ago

Wow . . . . really, this is still an issue?  Folks . . . let's get on with the business at hand -- healing this economy and getting people back to work.

11. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

He was born in Hawaii and sold in Chicago.  Let's move on.

1. junko profile image70
      junkoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

logic: Now that's an example of true lies.

1. profile image61
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you have evidence or just a theory?

1. junko profile image70
          junkoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are your comments base on evidence or theory? My comments are mostly fact based. I don't deal with true lies spoken and repeated.

1. profile image61
            logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, right, I forgot.  Liberals are always right and never lie.  Sorry.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

This is just so creating rumors. After two years in the office, they are still asking if he is qualified by virtue of birthplace etc. I think the movie here is " Much Ado About Nothing" in the first place.

13. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

BTW, Certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate.  It is merely an acknowledgement that yes, here is a baby, and yes, it is alive.  it does not denote a specific place of birth.

Again, for the record, I am not a birther, but I do wonder why Obama keeps stonewalling on this.  Simply producing the birth certificate would end a useless debate and embarrass a fairly large number of his opponents.

1. profile image0
      prayersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BTW, Hawaii issues birth certificates to people who were not born in Hawaii.  For some reason no one comes out and addresses this issue.  Why do we have a state that issues birth certificates to people not born there?  Hawaii has several different types of birth certificates, depending on whether you were born on Hawaii soil or not. 

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurren … 7_0008.HTM

"Certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate.  "
      Yes it is.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um, no it isn't.  My soon to be ex-wife (thank God) is a labor and delivery nurse and has been filling out these documents for over 20 years....there is a difference.

I think I'll take her word for it over the word of the Obama fanboys network....

Um, yes it is, legally.
          The difference is between the "Long Form" and the "Short Form." The long form is, well, longer, and contains more data, like information about the attending physician. But the short form is what practically everyone uses for practically all purposes. The two documents are functionally the same.

Of course, some partisans, they'll try to make any minor distinction into evidence of wrongdoing.

Perhaps you'd be interested in a fashionable derby made of the finest tinfoil?

Sorry, not a birther.  I believe Obama was born here,  is a citizen, and therefore eligible (if woefully unqualified) to be President.

Hate to burst your stereotyping, but there it is.....

"I believe Obama was born here,"
              Oh, sorry. The "he hasn't produced a birth certificate" argument fooled me.

I'm merely commenting on the argument in question....he has the power to put this nonsense to rest and for some odd reason chooses not to.

I have no clue what he is thinking, nor do I care.  I'm much more alarmed by what he is doing to this country....

big_smile

14. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Voters took away the Republicans' baba.
    Now all they can do is cry.

waaaaaa. I want my baba back. It's MINE. This country is MINE!!

Err, no. It isn't. What did you learn in Kindergarden?? To share.

You had eight years....20 out of the last 30, as a matter of fact.....now:

Step aside Clyde.

15. ianswhite profile image59
    ianswhiteposted 13 years ago

It wouldn't matter if birthers were put in a time machine and saw Obama pop out of his mothers vag in Hawaii next to an American flag, they still wouldn't admit it because the issue isn't about whether or not he's a citizen.  They think the white house is too dark and they will say anything to undermine his presidency whether they have to fabricate or not.  So they'll say he's a terrorist, a marxist, a Muslim, a fascist,a socialist etc.  It's all code for scary black man that represents the changing of a country from whites only restrooms to a spanish woman on the supreme court.

Oh, knock it off.  None of us here have a single issue with the color of the President's skin.  I do have a problem with the thin-ness of his skin, but that's another post.

And, um, dude?  We haven't had whites only restrooms for a few decades now.....we have moved on.  How about joining us?

1. ianswhite profile image59
        ianswhiteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many presidents have been called a Muslim in a derogatory sense, or a terrorist, or had their citizenship called into question?  And I'm aware there are no longer white only restrooms.  That was the point, that this country isn't that anymore which is fueling all this "I want my country back-he's an immigrant" nonsense.  Perhaps you should read the post again.   But it sounds like you're living in that liberal bubble that believes racism magically disappeared, so you may be beyond help.

For rational people, racism has disappeared.  We are largely beyond that, except for a few on both sides who wish to continually fan the flames.

And to be fair, Obama has kinda purred a lot of these discussions, one by refusing to simply produce the BC and end the birther nonsense (a simple solution, really), and by being so sympathetic to Muslim causes (even going so far as to tell NASA that their primary goal should be improving relations with Muslim countries).

And I have to chuckle at what has to be the first time in ANY forum that I have had the word "liberal" attached to my name.

1. ianswhite profile image59

For people under 30, yes, racism is mostly gone.  Because that generation grew up integrated and see racism as irrational for the most part.  But that's it.

You aren't being fair.  To say Obama encouraged this talk by not producing proof of birth is a lie.  He did so when he first ran.  There were copies available to journalists who saw it for themselves.  I saw Chris Mathews one day and he had a republican on to talk about this issue.  Mathews had a copy of it in his hand, was showing it off and the republican still wouldn't admit Obama is from this country. 

Also the fact that you'd want Obama to produce proof of citizenship and that you think sympathizing with Muslims and trying to improve relations with them is somehow wrong is pure racism.  If Obama was white and somebody accused him of being an immigrant you'd laugh and call them insane.  And why would we not want to improve relations with Muslims?  We have people in this country terrorizing innocent Muslims for no reason.  America has been wreaking havoc in the middle east for decades.  We're currently killing civilians in two different Muslim countries for no rational reason and you think this is okay?  That trying to end this is bad?  Ra-cist.

Then why has Matthews been on the air adding fuel to the birthers' fire by again asking about the birth certificate?

As for sympathizing with Muslims, I don't want us to sympathize with them.  I want us to defeat them.  We didn't defeat the Japanese or Germans by sympathizing, nor will we defeat our Muslim enemies?

No rational reason, huh?  I guess we just overreacted to that whole 9/11 thing, huh?

Yeah probably.

1. profile image57

Over reacted? I don't think so. I do think we reacted inappropriately and in an opportunistic manner.

"I do think we reacted inappropriately and in an opportunistic manner."
                    Indeed.

2. ianswhite profile image59

This was back when the birther movement was at its peak and like everybody else on cable news Mathews covered the story.  That doesn't change the fact that presenting a birth certificate should have ended the entire topic and yet you already showed that you don't care about little things like facts if it conflicts with your beliefs.  You knew his birth certificate was public and yet you claimed that he refused to show it.

America's enemy aren't Muslims, their enemy is a terrorist organization preaching radical Islam to justify their violence.  We shouldn't be waging war on innocent people, and your Japanese example is a perfect example of that after America rounded up Japanese citizens and threw them in concentration camps.  Also Afghanistan and Iraq aren't our enemies so this isn't even about battling terrorism.  The hijackers were Saudi and that's also where they got their money from, yet our administrations are bff's with the Saudi's and buy oil from them.

3. DTR0005 profile image60

You know, that would be super ducky if we could defeat "them," but we aren't fighting the Germans or the Japanese - we are not fighting an army who plays by 19th and 20th Century "gentlemen's rules." We aren't fighting an "army" period! We are fighting an IDEA - it might be twisted and 180 degrees out from our thinking, but it is THEIR IDEA. And guess what, THEY aren't afraid to die for it. In fact by "dying" for it, they become heroes -golden ticket to paradise, etc. Their IDEA doesn't have borders. Radical Islam has been able to take hold in large part based on our actions - we may have "good intentions" but they are "OUR good intentions" - The Moslem world may not want OUR version of civilzation. I am not condoning or excusing their actions, but once the fire is raging, you don't put it out by throw more gasoline on it. The Iraq War was the best PR device Al-Quaeda didn't have to buy. We went into huge debt for it (once you're in you can't just leave) and radical Islam got the cookie - basically one trillion dollars worth of anti-American propoganda.
                When we defeated the Germans, they laid down their arms and said, "ok - let's rebuild." But we were dealing with a "western culture" who could see a future - the same future that we as fellow westerners could see. These people don't see a future for themselves. They see themselves as being under the boot of the West. I don't necessarily agree with that perception, but it doesn't matter what I see - again it's THEIR PERCEPTION. And they, radial Islam, can continue to spin however they like. We are dealing with cultures where few people can read, education is almost nil - except for the wealthy - and superstition rules the day. They see events in a very monochromatic way - absolute right and absolute wrong. You know, it's kind of like the Tea-Party only darker but maybe not dumber...

1. profile image57

Agreed. So, why do so many support the war in Afghanistan?

Well, the Afghans were harboring the guys who organized the 9/11 attacks, for one thing.

Of course, where those guys are now is anybody's guess.

2. AnnCee profile image66

Very nice.

"For rational people, racism has disappeared"
            I suppose if you mean "become invisible," then you're right. But racism is still prevalent. It's hidden, more subtle, but present. Just because nobody's getting lynched doesn't mean racism is gone.

http://www.amptoons.com/blog/files/mcintosh.html

1. profile image57

Your saying that rational people are racist? Are you saying that racism is rational?

None of the above.

I'm saying that rational people understand that racism has not ceased to exist, but rather has become more subtle to the point of near invisibility.

I'm saying that rational people understand that racism still exists.

I'm saying that it's irrational to pretend that racism is 'over.'

Though I can understand the appeal, especially for my fellow white people, to pretend that racism is over. It absolves us of any responsibility to work against racism, as well as lets us pretend that we do not benefit from white privilege, and therefore take sole credit for everything we have accomplished.

1. profile image57

He said "RATIONAL" people. That was my point. I agree with him, rational people are NOT racist.
                  Rational people also understand that the nation was built on the backs of slaves, indentured servants, illegal immigrants and the under privilaged. Rational people understand that we can't undo the wrongs of the past. Rational people demand that we do something today to prevent it from reoccuring. Rational people have.
                  The perception of white privilege only exist because the majority of people in the US are identified as white. Therefore the majority of "privileged" people will be white. To call that racism is being intelectually dishonest. America's demographics are changing. So, will it soon be Latino privilege? Asian? African? Arab? Are you saying that only the Anglo possesses the ability to be racist?

"I agree with him, rational people are NOT racist. "
                    I agree with that statement, but I don't think we read the same thing in Billy's post. He also said "We are largely beyond that [racism], except for a few on both sides who wish to continually fan the flames."

To me, that meant that he thinks there is no more racism except for people on the irrational fringe. Certainly the irrational fringe are the most blatantly racist (or perhaps it would be more correct to say that they're the most honestly racist) but there is plenty of racism that isn't on the fringe.

"The perception of white privilege only exist because the majority of people in the US are identified as white."

Really? What a very comfortable idea! I need do nothing to battle racial injustice, since there isn't any anymore. All I need to do is to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Except that this presupposes that racial injustice has in fact stopped.

White privilege totally exists. White people control most of the wealth, most of the media, and make most of the rules. White people accused of crimes are more likely to get acquitted, or if convicted, more likely to get  a relatively light sentence. People of Color, on the other hand, are more likely to be convicted, and more likely to get a harsher sentence when convicted.

"So, will it soon be Latino privilege?"
                    When Latinos (or whomever) control the majority of the wealth, media, such that Latinos get preferential treatment by default in general society, then yeah, I guess.

"Are you saying that only the Anglo possesses the ability to be racist?"
                    No, but I am saying that the Anglo is the beneficiary of a long history of unapologetic white supremacy as public policy as well as a current society in which a disproportionate amount of wealth and power is held by white people.

16. Mighty Mom profile image78

I suppose it makes no difference that the House GOP leader, Eric Cantor, publicly states he believes Obama is an American citizen and wants to focus on important things like the economy...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities … -citizen/1

No smile

17. Mighty Mom profile image78

Well,it was worth a try, John! smile

Or that the journalist who said that publicly recanted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 … ama-birth/

And its on Fox News

18. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

smilesmilesmile

19. Mighty Mom profile image78

How does one "accidentally" state that they had a conversation with the governor of Hawaii about this topic?
    Well, Mr. Evans accomplished his mission. The false accusations got a new life -- albeit brief.

As they say, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, isn't it!???

No doubt he was originally telling the truth and those pesky democrats have bullied him into changing his story.

20. Mighty Mom profile image78

Well, Governor Abercrombie is himself a DEMOCRAT, so I suppose it's no surprise that he refused to call Mr. Evans back and give any credence to the story.
    Good for him!

21. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

de·ni·al (d-nl)
    n.
    An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.

---------------------------------------

Barack Obama IS the President of the United States and he will be for the next six years. You birthers need to get used to it.

Well, two years, maybe.....I think six is overly optimistic at this point....

22. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://blog.nj.com/njv_shenemans_sketchpad/2009/07/cold-beer.jpg

23. Mighty Mom profile image78

BDR,
    On what basis do you say six more years of Obama is overly optimistic? His approval numbers are strong. I do realize it's early, but here's how Obama stacks up againts likely GOP opponents:

PPP’s new poll says that the President has widened his leads against the likely GOP challengers. In fact PPP says that Obama is at his strongest position for reelection since 2009!

Obama 55% Sarah Palin 38%
    Obama 51% Newt Gingrich 39%
    Obama 49% Mike Huckabee 44%
    Obama 48% Mitt Romney 43%

For a bonus this time around PPP included Michele Bachmann, GOP congresswoman from Minnesota, and the President tops her by a landslide margin of 51% to 33%.

Even Rasmussen Reports (who were proven to have a very strong Republican bias in the last election) has good news for Obama. They say he has his highest ratings since April of 2010 (-7 strong approval minus strong disapproval and 49% overall approval.)

24. profile image53
    Iconoblasterposted 13 years ago

Regardless, our POTUS proved to the Congress that he is and always has been a citizen of the United States.  Even McCain and Palin had no doubt about it.
    Particulary what is he doing you find alarming?

25. profile image53

: Has Obama's birth certificate been disclosed?
    Is Barack Obama a "natural-born citizen"? It is hard to believe he could get this far in the electoral process and not have a sufficient answer to this question, I admit, but has his birth certificate been disclosed?

A: Yes. His campaign made a copy public after speculation by conservative bloggers that he might not be a "natural-born citizen."
    We asked for and received a copy from the Obama campaign. It is too large to display full size on this page, but you may click on this link to see a copy of the document just as we received it.

You can see a copy of the document and follow the story here: Factcheck.org

26. AnnCee profile image66

A celebrity journalist now claims he misspoke when he said last week that Hawaii’s governor told him he was unable to find President Barack Obama’s original birth certificate after a search of state and hospital archives.

Mike Evans told FoxNews.com on Wednesday he was remorseful and embarrassed that he appeared to have given the impression that he had discussed the search for Obama’s birth certificate with Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie.

Evans, who says he has been a close friend of Abercrombie since the 1980s, appeared on Minnesota’s KQRS radio last week and said he’d been told by the governor himself that Obama’s birth certificate was nowhere to be found. Evans told KQRS on Jan. 20:

"Yesterday, talking to Neil's office, Neil says that he searched everywhere using his powers as governor ..... there is no Barack Obama birth certificate in Hawaii.  Absolutely no proof at all that he was born in Hawaii."

But that’s no longer Evans’ story.

“Only this I can you tell you is 100 percent fact: that Neil never told me there was no birth certificate,” Evans told Fox News. “I never talked to him.”

http://themacadvocate.com/Home/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/skeptical.jpg

Last week’s radio interview was part of Evans’ syndicated five-minute feature, “On the Road with Mike Evans,” which is broadcast on 34 stations across the country each morning.

On the morning of Jan. 20, Evans says he accidentally told one of those radio stations -- KQRS -- that he’d spoken directly with Gov. Abercrombie about the Obama birth certificate.

“I was on 34 radio stations that morning. That was the only station where I said, instead of saying ‘the hospital said there’s no birth certificate’ I misspoke and said Neil said that,” Evans said. “I misspoke and I apologize for that. I apologize to Neil.”

Abercrombie’s spokeswoman did not respond to Fox News e-mail and phone requests for comment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 … z1CT5Qv4oO

27. AnnCee profile image66

McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate

His Eligibility for Presidency Is Questioned

Sen. John McCain, the presumptive GOP nominee, was born on a U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone, which was then under U.S. jurisdiction.

The Senate has unanimously declared John McCain a natural-born citizen, eligible to be president of the United States.

That is the good news for the presumptive Republican nominee, who was born nearly 72 years ago in a military hospital in the Panama Canal Zone, then under U.S. jurisdiction. The bad news is that the nonbinding Senate resolution passed Wednesday night is simply an opinion that has little bearing on an arcane constitutional debate that has preoccupied legal scholars for many weeks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 03224.html

Why doesn't the Senate unanimously declare Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the United States since there seems to be a question that won't go away?

Why should they? Obahma's nationality has been proven, it's only a handful of haters that insist that he wasn't born in the US.

28. AnnCee profile image66

A celebrity journalist now claims he misspoke when he said last week that Hawaii’s governor told him he was unable to find President Barack Obama’s original birth certificate after a search of state and hospital archives.

Mike Evans told FoxNews.com on Wednesday he was remorseful and embarrassed that he appeared to have given the impression that he had discussed the search for Obama’s birth certificate with Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie.

Evans, who says he has been a close friend of Abercrombie since the 1980s, appeared on Minnesota’s KQRS radio last week and said he’d been told by the governor himself that Obama’s birth certificate was nowhere to be found. Evans told KQRS on Jan. 20:

"Yesterday, talking to Neil's office, Neil says that he searched everywhere using his powers as governor ..... there is no Barack Obama birth certificate in Hawaii.  Absolutely no proof at all that he was born in Hawaii."

But that’s no longer Evans’ story.

“Only this I can you tell you is 100 percent fact: that Neil never told me there was no birth certificate,” Evans told Fox News. “I never talked to him.”

http://themacadvocate.com/Home/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/skeptical.jpg

Last week’s radio interview was part of Evans’ syndicated five-minute feature, “On the Road with Mike Evans,” which is broadcast on 34 stations across the country each morning.

On the morning of Jan. 20, Evans says he accidentally told one of those radio stations -- KQRS -- that he’d spoken directly with Gov. Abercrombie about the Obama birth certificate.

“I was on 34 radio stations that morning. That was the only station where I said, instead of saying ‘the hospital said there’s no birth certificate’ I misspoke and said Neil said that,” Evans said. “I misspoke and I apologize for that. I apologize to Neil.”

Abercrombie’s spokeswoman did not respond to Fox News e-mail and phone requests for comment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 …z1CT5Qv4oO

Seems the so-called haters are helped along in their skepticism by "accidental misspoken" words from Obama supporters.

29. Mighty Mom profile image78

Are you saying Mike Evans is an Obama supporter?
    He is the only one in this scenario who "misspoke."
    Actually, that's sugarcoating it.
    He flat out LIED about having ANY conversation with Aberrombie.
    But that's a typical Fox tactic, isn't it?
    Put the lie out there and sit back and watch your little Fox minions lap up the misinformation like mother's milk.
    If you get caught, backpedal.

Abercrombie is right not to even dignify Evans' lies with any kind of response.
    Certainly that's what Fox and the birthers want out of Abercrombie -- a denial would just add fuel to the fire.
    The man is busy governing his state.
    He isn't about to go on some fool's errand looking through public records for Fox. What was Evans THINKING???

GIVE IT UP, birthers.
    Find something else to obsess on.

Is it FOX news position that Obama wasn't born in the United States?

I don't think it is.

Typical leftist tactic though.

Make a baseless claim and let your minions lap it up like mothers milk.

Mighty Mom, you are getting good at distorting the truth.

I hardly think it's the left making baseless claims, unless I've got it wrong and the left are claiming that Obama isn't an American!

30. AnnCee profile image66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLcF3UL … tube_gdata

Listen.

Abercrombie, on his own, offered to make the birth certificate public to put an end to the controversy.

Abercrombie is an Obama supporter.  Obama must not be an Abercrombie supporter however, because he is not willing to give his permission for the birth certificate to be made available, leaving Abercrombie flapping in the breeze like a fool.

Nobody is forcing Mighty Mom or anyone else to pay attention to a controversy they have no interest in.   If you want to DEFEND Obama, bring something.   What is it with liberals?   Always such fascists, telling people to shut up.

31. Mighty Mom profile image78

I see no proof from this interview with MIKE EVANS that Governor Abercrombie ON HIS OWN did anything of the sort.
    This is not a video of Governor Abercrombie saying ANYTHING.
    THis is the interview in which Evans lied, lied, lied about his non-conversation with the governor.
    Mike Evans has since recanted his story, saying he "accidentally" said this on the air.
    Well, listening to this lengthy interview, there was no "accident" involved.
    And the innuendo surrounding what he said about Abercrombie's early memories of Obama just make him look stupider.
    What difference does it make that Abercrombie doesn't remember Obama before he played t-ball? That's totally irrelevant.

When you come up with something that's not a blatant lie (Evans) perhaps we'll take you seriously.

Do you read the news at all?  Or watch the news?   Or listen to the news?   Shall I supply the news for you?  Google and Bing are these newfangled services that allow everyday normal people who are interested in what's going on in the world to learn about things that are going on in the world.  You might try searching for news about Governor Neil Abercrombie.  smile

32. Mighty Mom profile image78

You know, AnnCee.
    I did that. I searched and I searched and the absolute ONLY news I could find related to Governor Abercrombie and this issue all went directly back to Mike Evans.
    So since you are a superior Internet research, perhaps you would be kind enought to supply us with a link to a news article -- NOT Fox News, please -- that supports your assertion.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, even I with my limited internet abilities, immediately found an article by a DEMOCRAT writer who expounds upon this.
      So maybe you just don't wanna admit that libs are scared to even face this issue.

33. profile image57
    C.J. Wrightposted 13 years ago

This is what I find interesting about all this:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=255965

I mean ten states have written specific legislation requiring proof of citizenship prior to a candidates name being put on the ballot. These states account for 107 Electorial College Votes...

Further 10 states are also looking at Nullification Legislation.

26 States have joined a law suit declaring healthcare unconstitutional.....

All things considered, things are definitely getting serious.

34. Mighty Mom profile image78

link, please, Brenda.
    I should clarify. I found quite a few articles on this issue.
    I found NONE in any of the major, credible news sources.
    Where is Washington Post coverage?
    Where is even a Hawaii paper?
    Where are any of the TV news stations other than Fox?

Here's where it appears to stand.
    Governor Abercrombie cannot search for Obama's birth certificate without Obama's permission. Obama may or may not have had any contact with Abercrombie regarding permission, but obviously no permission has been granted.
    The issue has been brought to light by Mike Evans of Fox News.

And in the end, it's yet another tempest in a teapot.

Here's the original post that started this thread:

Hawaii won't release Obama birth info

January 22, 2011 1:49 AM

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HONOLULU  Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie will end his quest to prove President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii because it's against state law to release private documents, his office said Friday.

State Attorney General David Louie told the governor he can't disclose an individual's birth documentation without a person's consent, Abercrombie spokeswoman Donalyn Dela Cruz said.

"There is nothing more that Gov. Abercrombie can do within the law to produce a document," said Dela Cruz. "Unfortunately, there are conspirators who will continue to question the citizenship of our president."

Abercrombie, who was a friend of Obama's parents and knew him as a child, launched an effort last month to find a way to dispel conspiracy theories that the president was born elsewhere. The governor said at the time he was bothered by people who questioned Obama's birthplace for political reasons.

But Abercrombie's investigation reached a dead end when Louie told him the law restricted his options.

Hawaii's privacy laws have long barred the release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who doesn't have a tangible interest.

So-called "birthers" claim Obama is ineligible to be president because they say there's no proof he was born in the United States, with many of the skeptics questioning whether he was actually born in Kenya, his father's home country.

Hawaii's health director said in 2008 and 2009 that she had seen and verified Obama's original vital records, and birth notices in two Honolulu newspapers were published within days of Obama's birth at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu.

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo again confirmed Friday that Obama's name is found in its alphabetical list of names of people born in Hawaii, maintained in bound copies available for public view.

That information, called index data, shows a listing for "Obama II, Barack Hussein, Male," according to the department's website. The president was born Aug. 4, 1961.

"The index is just to say who has their records within the department. That's an indication," Okubo said. "I can't talk about anyone's records."

The Obama campaign issued a certificate of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state showing the president's birth date, city and name, along with his parents' names and races.

(Please see newspaper link at OP.)

Note, Mom, the article says the governor's office  (not Evan's office) said the governor will end HIS quest, not Evan's quest.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

35. Mighty Mom profile image78

CJ Wright -- So are you saying ... what? Yes or no?

proof of not only citizenship, but being a natural-born citizen is required under the federal Constitution to run for POTUS. Other office such as Congressperson or Senator do not have the born in the USA (or born to American parents elsewhere) requirement.

It's not a states issue (?)

1. profile image57

What I'm saying is that 10 states are planning to require Proof of citizenship by their states secretary prior to putting a candidate on a ballot. This would apply to all elections, federal and otherwise.. and yes the proof would include all requirements related to citizenship. You are correct the "natural born" requirement does not exist, however to be a senator you must be a citizen for 9 years before being a candidate.

36. profile image0
    spring1802posted 13 years ago

Did John McCain who was born in the Panama Canal Zone show his birth certicate?

1. profile image57

Yes. It would have been a huge question as well.

37. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

AnnCee,
    yeah I think she's being deliberately obtuse. 

I also found another write-up from a Hawaii newspaper that says Obama's supporters are trying to put legislation through that would let anyone obtain a copy of the infamous birth certificate for......get this----a $100 fee!
    Such carp!   The man should've freely produced a legit copy already for free.   I don't think there IS a legitimate copy nor a legitimate original.  But I'd almost wager that by the end of this year, Obama will have (if he can) faked one that looks so good that us questioners will be made to look like idiots.  And the great O will appear squeaky clean again and again.  After all, he's considered so special that it would only be fair to continue his web of deceit!   After all, seems there's no limit to the hogwash his side will go in order to cover up his stuff.

In the end, it will all come out.  Probably right after the last of America's prosperity and patriotism slides to the brink of hell.

1. profile image0
      spring1802posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don"t we have every President,Congressperson and Cabinet member produce their birth certificates.I never heard of  this being an issue before. Racism?While we are at it how about documentation for all the billions that have disappeared in Iraq and elsewhere?

1. profile image0

Of course they should produce their birth certificates!
        Heck, I've had to produce mine before when I simply applied for a job!
        You betcha the people in government should have to produce theirs!
        Obama should've had to produce his before he ever became a Senator.

LOL.  Too late, you already do.

1. profile image0

No, we don't.  We look like what we are----patriots who have the right to demand (but yet we are only questioning! how merciful we are!) that our leaders be properly vetted and actually BE patriots.   Obama's own words told everyone he's not a patriot.  Yet he sits in the highest office in the land.  It's America as a whole that's been fooled,  the Left by false hope that they'll be a part of the tyranny, and the Right by political correctness being shoved into our faces.

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.  ~Bertrand Russell

1. profile image0

Unless Bertrand Russell was talking about some other Nation besides America, then Mr. Russell has wrongly defined patriotism.  Freedom isn't trivial.  Escaping (and preventing) tyranny is a very important reason.

And from what I read, Mr. Russell was an atheist.  Listening to people like him rather correlates with the new fad of unpatriotism in America, since America was predominantly founded by non-atheists.

Yes, so tyrranical of Obama to be elected by more votes than any president in History.  And then he, gasp! passed healthcare bill!!!!1!1!!  Such a bad bad man he is.

2. profile image0
          spring1802posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what did he say that was so unpatriotic?, he is still killing civilians and wasting money on war, and holding people in prison without trial. What could be more patriotic? like that great patriot Bush.What could he do to be more like GW.

1. profile image0

He could develop a conscience.   But I doubt he will.
            And of course he could stop folding his hands over like a schoolgirl.
            And stop lifting his chin in that holier-than-thou way he does it.
            And brush that chip off his shoulder.
            And stop invading churches with his nonsensical political views.
            For starters.

38. AnnCee profile image66

Interesting turn the liberal netmind is taking. . .    Silliness, lame jokes, giggles, titters, obtuseness, rabbit trails.   

But strangely, very little of the usual violent vitriol aimed at those they can't argue with.

What's up with that?   Maybe they're having a hard time processing the man sized challenge the pup POTUS is facing.

Things are getting serious.   Will the Democrats get serious?  Can they?

39. profile image53

What is wrong with you people?  I gave a link that proves he proved his citzenship.  He is undeniably a US citizen.

Some of you birthers need to look at the facts I provided. As I said, even McCain and Palin accpeted the fact that he is a citizen.  This is just another conservative conspiracy theory.

There is nothing to debate here.  Even the Supreme court was satisfied with the proof provided and will not hear any cases questioning our president's citizenship.

To wit'
    Recently FactCheck representatives got a chance to spend some time with the birth certificate, and we can attest to the fact that it is real and three-dimensional and resides at the Obama headquarters in Chicago. We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka (who uses a signature stamp rather than signing individual birth certificates). We even brought home a few photographs.
    The photos are not showing up in a copy and paste but if ANYONE would take the time to go to FactCheck.org you can find all kinds of evidence.
    But I'm beting there are still hardcore birthers who wouldn't believe it even if they had the original copy in their hands.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 … e_usa.html

Or simply go to FactCheck.org and see for yourselves.  FactCheck has repeatedly won awards for being consistant, Getting the facts straight and as the most fair, unbiast site on the web.

Now quit your silly semantics and come to terms with the reality.
    Or does anyone still say he is a Muslim?

40. DannyMaio profile image60
    DannyMaioposted 13 years ago

My personal opinion is that he was born here but doesnt want to get deep into this because some how he probably received some benefits by saying he was a foreigner. he probably played the system and doesnt want to look bad, especially being president. he had 2 names to choose from, which is kind of weird.

41. AnnCee profile image66

I guess Governor Neil Abercrombie didn't get the memo, Icono.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BTYoDK-3x2k/TGxtaoe9zKI/AAAAAAAAABg/E2bT8AEU9_Y/s1600/sweep+under+rug.jpg

Now five Hawaiian legislators are promoting a plan to grant access to the private records for people who are willing to pay a hundred bucks.   

Will they be successful in changing the law?

I'll bet they will not be successful.   I'll bet they drop it. 

Mysteriously.  Of course. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- … 03544.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)