Hubscore of 100!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

I'm thrilled to bits - I finally have a Hub with a score of 100!   It's only taken me 6  months smile

It's rather pathetic that such a little thing has me dancing round the room.  I've been going through all my Hubs, adding photos and playing with the layout, and I can't even remember what I did to the Helium one to give it that extra boost. 

I've been ready Crazyhorse's posts about labelling images, checking your keyword density etc, so I guess I will be going back through all of them again - maybe I'll get a couple more up there!

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's a great feeling isn't it! And to get to see it on page one or two of Best Hubs, and featured on the Topics page. Well done!

My How to generate Electricity hub did touch 100 briefly, but mostly it hovers in the mid nineties. I wish I'd taken screen-grabs, in case it never happens again!

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
      Neil Sperlingposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Marisa - Great girl - keep it up.
      Being new here- ..... LOL I did not even know what the numbers were. Now I know!
      Maybe I'll get there too.
      Love Light and Laughter
      Neil Sperling

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

It really is exciting - Congratulations!

3. William F. Torpey profile image69
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, Marisa. It pays to perk up your old hubs a bit. I went through all of mine recently and many of them picked up a point or two. I've never approached 100 on any of mine, but as I watch the scores go up and down it appears that higher traffic and more comments has the greatest positive effect.

4. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I have one that fluctuates between 85 and 95.. big_smile big_smile

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That's what my best ones do. Up and down.

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Congrats Marisa! smile

I think it mostly depends on traffic, more specifically on sudden traffic jump...

6. Marisa Wright profile image84

...so maybe it's just a coincidence that I've been tweaking, or could the fact that I've added a little bit of new content have boosted its visibility a bit?

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Marisa Wright wrote:

...so maybe it's just a coincidence that I've been tweaking,

I didn't see anything but this at first.  Doubletake, whew.

Congratulations Marisa!  and thanks for mentioning the hubs that helped, I will be heading there thusly.... label wha? I gotta go
      Peace

7. Guru-C profile image76
    Guru-Cposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, Marisa!  You've earned it.

8. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 16 years ago

My first hub ever to make it to a hubscore of 100 was... my hub on hubscore big_smile

Since then though I've had a few others hit the magic 100 mark, but it I found it ironic that it would be the hubscore one that did it.

And it took me 10 months to do it.

9. MrMarmalade profile image69
    MrMarmaladeposted 16 years ago

I actually put some serious concentration into your 100 hub today.
    In fact the printer went sick as I asked it to print, caused it to jam and spent 30 minutes clearing.
    Congratulations.
    I received amazing news to Day as in less than 24 hours a new hub went to 3rd Popular of my 64 Hubs and a score of 82
    I was ecstatic

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's amazing!  Which one was it, your collection of Hubs or the egg one?

My Helium Hub has gone back down to 94.  Ah well, it was nice while it lasted!

10. Marisa Wright profile image84

Thanks Paraglider, I know what you mean!

11. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Congrats, Marisa! The glee we hubbers get from hubscores is amazing, isn't it? But if others understood how difficult it was to generate those high scores, they would understand.

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Congratulations Marisa!  Yea!

13. Whitney05 profile image81
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Congrats!

I have a few that make it to 100, but they tend to flucuate in the mid to high 90s. I need to do some updates on my first hubs. I just redid one the other day; it was so bland and looks much better now.

1. msms profile image61
      msmsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well done Marisa Wright! 100 getting is difficult but being there is more difficult. Try to be there.

Whitney05 also at 100 right now Congrats to Whitney5... Keep it up.

Mahendr Singh

1. darkside profile image67
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's to do with the HubScore of their hubs, not the AuthorScore.

But I will point out that Kathryn (aka LdsNana-AskMormon) has an AuthorScore of 97!

Way to go girl!

After all that sweating about it I see you've walked over the top of me and onto an impressive score big_smile

14. chantelg4 profile image70
    chantelg4posted 16 years ago

My paper rose hub is a lot of times at 100, ironically it's the one I created purely for enjoyment and have never optimized or tweaked it. Funny how things work out, anyways congrats, it's always nice to see that 100.  You should feel proud, it takes a good hub and good traffic to get that.

15. Pat Merewether profile image61
    Pat Merewetherposted 16 years ago

Great!  I'd be dancing too!

16. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Congratulations!  That is really cool.  I've never had a hub reach 100 (highest I think is 97).  But I have noticed that when I've gone back and tweaked titles and tags my traffic will go up.  Nothing like checking back a few hours later and seeing a bunch of red arrows.  big_smile

I'm using those SEO tips and parsing out some tags through a few hubs to see what that will do now...

17. robie2 profile image76
    robie2posted 16 years ago

I add my congratulations to all the others,Marissa--I've never approached 100. One hub had a score of 95 for about five minutes but soon lapsed back to the 88-91 range. I 'm delighted for you and look forward to trying to emulate you.  I'm fiddling around with SEO and content on my existing hubs too and seeing what does and doesn't work. It's great fun--kinda like doing a crossword puzzle or something.

Putting my RSS feed on my igoogle and my yahoo pages really did up my traffic BTW

Hubbers Unite!!!! Onward and Upward to 100 smile

18. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 16 years ago

Congratulations Marissa.  My only Hub to reach 100 hasn't paid out a cent yet! 

My dream Hub would stay permenently on 100, have huge traffic, lots of enthusiastic comments and earn a fortune every day.  Has anyone had a Hub score 100 AND make loads of money?  If so what's your secret?

19. MrMarmalade profile image69
    MrMarmaladeposted 16 years ago

I found that glory only has a short burst in the sun.
    No one remembers yesterday's heros.
    Never the less I will remember

20. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

Congrats, Marissa! This is awsome! My highest score now is only 91. That same hub hit 95 for a few minutes then down again LOL. maybe one day I can do the hub dance! LOL

Bonnie

21. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

Hi Marissa, I know the feeling of delight.  Congratulations.  :-)  One of my hubs just reached a 100 too...it fluctuates actually but seeing the red 100 is totally cool.

22. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 16 years ago

Congratulations  Marissa !!!!!!  It was going back to work, and having a rest from writing in here.  You came back fresh..  Just joking.  Good onya.  Well done.

23. shailini profile image59
    shailiniposted 16 years ago

that's an achievement. one of my hub hit 99..that's my best hub score so far.

24. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

Great work Marissa!  Those top numbers are really a charge... even if they are fleeting!  We love them nonetheless.  It tells us, even for one brief moment - that our effort is recognized:-)

I have found that our Hub scores, etc... are just like the stockmarket - uP dOwn Up doWn... totally inconsistent!  But we all hope,  that we never have a crash!

tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

25. cheapbuys profile image59
    cheapbuysposted 16 years ago

Hey Marissa, congratulations on that hub. Hope I will get there someday.  I wish I was a good writer like you.

26. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Kathryn has 98 currently smile

27. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Congratulations!

One of my goals on Hubpages was to have at least one article that made it to 100.  I accomplished that with my Places To Sell Your Writing hub, it fluctuates naturally, but it hits 100, and it's a wonderful feeling everytime it happens.  My writer's ego kicks in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)