What is Wrong With the Christians?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (422 posts)
  1. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 12 years ago

I don't have anything against fundamental Christianity, per se. But I don't understand why none but a very tiny number stand up for the integrity of their faith and the memory of the words of Jesus.

When someone posts hateful comments, under the guise of 'I didn't say it, God did' and you know it is uncaring and unjust; why do you remain silent?

When someone posts a crazy and slightly evil take on prophesy and calls himself greater than Zeus and the right hand of Jesus; why do you not denounce it but cheer them on?

I am curious. What exactly makes you consider it Christian to cheer on the hateful speech? What causes the claim anyone makes to Christianity force you to set  aside all decency in dealing with the issues?

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They want to see you saved instead of destroyed.  That is what's wrong with them.  Too much compassion to keep from warning you of what lies ahead.

1. thebrucebeat profile image59
        thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it would be kinder to follow this ancient church saying:

"Evangelize always, and when necessary, use words."

1. LVidoni5 profile image78
          LVidoni5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It may be a church saying, but it's not biblical. For example:

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

1. profile image0
            just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whatever the text may, or may not, say; no one has the right to use it for hate speech. That's what prompted the question. There are those here who use the Bible as justification for insulting entire groups of people in the most heinous fashion imaginable. And those within their belief structure do not speak out against it. I was curious why.

1. Donna Suthard profile image60
              Donna Suthardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus, said' very clearly in the bible,  to love God, yourself and  and to love your enemy as yourself.. he taught non-judgement..of others.. The bible was written several hundred years after Jesus...It is full of misperceptions and upside down thinking especially in the old Testament..

1. profile image0

Exactly. Which is why I have an increasing aversion to Christianity.  Few pay attention to that.

2. profile image49
                paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with you; the NT is more full of misperceptions and upside down thinking ; and more so because it undermines the way Jesus treaded on.

3. Donna Suthard profile image60

According to the teachings by Jesus in the Course in Miracles,  He said, "that when someone speaks insanely about someone else or judges another, refuse to join them, in their magical belief or thought system by correcting them .Always defend the person, or persons they are talking badly about.. He said, they will be corrected on another level. You weaken their belief system, by not attacking them.

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The bible was written several hundred years after Jesus? smile

I think you mean the NT don't you?

I have never seen anyone say the NT was written that late either if that is what you mean. smile

2. thebrucebeat profile image59

That darned St. Francis of Assisi.  What did he know. I'll side with you.

You did know this was sarcasm, didn't you?
              I'm still on St. Francis' side.

1. profile image0

You got a laugh out of me when I read it. smile

She became a follower.  I'm not sure she got it.

2. Seafarer Mama profile image80
                Seafarer Mamaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So am I!  He's one of my favorite saints because of his reverence for all life, and respect for other humans as he respected himself. What a guy!

St. Fancis was quite a teacher, and so was Jesus!

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image80
        Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The difference between really compassionate people and fundamentalists is that  a really compassionate person doesn't wish they could be there to throw a few atheists into the pit. Many fundamentalists do.

But then again, most fundamentalists are heretics and won't be throwing anyone into  the pit. They will be joining us. lol....

You better hope your belief is a fantasy. I'm convinced of it. wink The good news is, you're going to die and you aren't going to wake up dead. Doesn't that sound like a blessing? Does to me.

3. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

living in a fantasy land.  You seriously believe god implanted a 5 month fetus in your wife?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73947

4. profile image0

Sir Dent I can assure you. Without a shadow of doubt in my heart. If heaven and hell exist, each and every time you turn a blind eye to this behavior it is  as much a strike against you as the person spewing the hatred.

There are times I wonder if hell is real that it wasn't simply created to corral the fundamental Christians  and all the other zealots when everything is said and done. Because there could be no perfection in eternity, no peace in eternity and no chance of any harmony with this type of mentality around.

1. Seafarer Mama profile image80

Whoa, friend!  There is so much hate rhetoric out there that it is hard to keep up with. I tend not to like to be online very much. I think my energy is better spent contributing positively to my community of fellow humans outside my door. Jesus promised that if we spread kindness, we'll be blessed (not exact biblical words, but my own summary, if you'll pardon that). If I spend all of my energy on the craziness of the hate-mongers, I wouldn't have energy to give love to my family. I'd rather spend my temporal energies doing good than paying attention to those who spread hate. They only have the power if people listen to them and act on their ideas, anyway. So what if people of the states that want to make homosexuality a crime ignored them and treated their fellow humans with tolerance and kindness despite their sexual orientation or gender identity? All the crazies would have no platform. They only speak out when they know they  have an audience.

Awesome!  You are correct!

5. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Warning for lies ahead? Go figure, you would THINK that you know, when you actually do not. Just THINK you do.

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
          Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If that is your conclusion it is no wonder that Atheist don't know anything for sure.They just think they know.That don't hold any water.

2. secularist10 profile image61
      secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was a post on another online forum that I came across once, it went a little something like this:

"I hope there's popcorn in heaven because I can't think of anything more entertaining than watching you burn in hell for eternity"

Lol!

Of course the real root of the problem, dare I say, is the belief system itself.

If you believe people should be judged by their attitudes and actions, you will probably lean away from traditional Christianity. It's really that simple.

The basic humanity in all of us is one of the most profound and important reasons why traditional Christian belief is declining, even within the Christian community.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol, indeed, but you'd be surprised. Some sects used to actively teach people that watching the torments of the damned was going to be great fun.

Schadenfreude can be a powerful motivator for some folks.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But throwing Christians to the lions was a more worthy pasttime?

And how about current perescutions going on right now behind many communists blocks.

Humans can be such violent people.

Christians who use scripture as conversation, and nothing else seem insecure to me,but I dont hate them for doing it,as the old saying goes "Dont shoot the messenger'
          I do understand how irritating it must be if one doesnt like the author though.

I too, get annoyed with the repetitive chants,mocking,insults from the athiests

This is why your religion causes war...roll

(Bet as a kid you took a stick ,and poked a bees nest ,then complained bitterly when you were stung?)

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mmmm the "turn or burn sucker" brigade have been silent recently. tongue

2. profile image0

You seem like a thinking Christian. How come you don't step up to the plate when prejudice is slung and the scriptures are used for justification?

Like I said at the top of this thread. I don't have anything against fundamentalists, as long as they don't use their beliefs as justification for hate speech. I have a serious problem with that. I would think any decent person would find it offensive for the scriptures to be used to support it.

I realize we disagree on the heaven and hell issue, but hate speech? It's wrong.

I do step up when I see hate, or conflict ,however its a never ending tirade at times.

Many times a particular poster will copy n paste and as English isnt their first language,its often a waste of time to bother responding.

I tend to ignore anything of a repetitive nature as well, no doubt many d the same to me lol

Then overly emotional posts are not going to like what I say either,whether they be Christian or otherwise.

People going to hell -babies born with deformities-bashing homosexuals ,oh there are so many emotive topics that bring all kinds of baggage to the table.

Some I respond too ,some I ignore ,some I applaud,some I challenge.

If I am challenged with the word of God ,I try to answer as I understand it or I see it written.

I agree 100% hate speech is wrong.

Bottom line-Im not perfect ,who is?

I try smile

2. mecheil profile image61
              mecheilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there are times that a christian would need to defend his belief, even amid a mob. but most of the time, defending belief, from people who simply speak hatred and insults, just doesn't make sense at all. it is not worth it to get into a heated debate when you know people won't listen to your points.

1. profile image0

Well, I would think to stand by and do nothing is worse. But that's just me. I'm not a Christian. I wouldn't feel comfortable being associated with that much hatred.

1. mecheil profile image61
                  mecheilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, it sure is uncomfortable and it makes a christian feel bad. but when  a debate is not going anywhere, for me, it's a waste of time.

i had personal experiences of that. when i can sense that a group of people would just answer me with sarcasm and bring about questions with the kind of motive, i know answering them will just be throwing away gold to the swine. but when questions are sincere, i'd be more than happy to share what i i've learned.

of course, there are times when walking away becomes downright unwise. like when someone tells to my face that my religion causes too much conflicts, i do not hesitate to stand up. i will prove that person he is wrong. but again, a person should discern when it is wise to answer and when it's simply a waste of time.

1. profile image0

I think we're talking on different wave lengths here. But, that's ok. The problem I perceive seems to be one that will remain a mystery.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Seems to me ,you are comfortable playing both sides of the fence at times.

And do you really think an Athiest doesnt spew out hate ,everytime they mock and belittle a fellow human being?

Christians feel hated, but are commanded to love in return( of course we know not all reach that status so gracefully) but my point is this.

What do you really want to hear about Gods love?

1. profile image0

I didn't see this one. I'm not playing a fence. I was honestly confused on this issue, but I see no reason to run it into the ground. You don't get the question. You don't see the hypocrisy.

I've got a handle on it now. Thanks for playing. You played a key role in giving me the answer. And I don't mean that sarcastically.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"But throwing Christians to the lions was a more worthy pasttime?"
            I don't think I said anything even remotely like that.

"And how about current perescutions going on right now behind many communists blocks."
            Um...relevance? Genuinely confused.

"(Bet as a kid you took a stick ,and poked a bees nest ,then complained bitterly when you were stung?)"
            Okay, now I'm really, really confused.
            Are you really replying to my post, or are those comments meant  for another person?
            If me, why on Earth would you make up stuff about me bothering stinging insects? This is about the most confusing exchange I've had lo these many weeks.

Wow. How sick that someone can watch others suffer. What has happened to us as a race? So much lack of empathy. Children can be so close to heaven unless taught otherwise. Teaching the next generation to hate is such an abomination in the eyes of the universal deity!

I grew up Catholic and came a cross a progressive community in Boston dedicated to social justice in all its forms. I now belong to a Unitarian church. I love these people, and the fact that Unitarianism is a religious philosophy that encourages people to think about what they believe...to think for themselves...to use the mind we were born with!

The Unitarian Church is one of the best Churches, I've ever been too..They accept everyone!!

Yeah, they have no standards at all! wink Seriously, if I were going to be the sort of person who identified with a particular church, the church that I'd avoid going to would be a Unitarian one. They're very welcoming, very kind, and not so big on the condemning.

Thanks Jeff,  lol, enjoy your humor!!

2. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

secularist

That was really funny!!!

Popcorn in heaven, smiling down on hell

It seems funny at first, but it's really very sad....taking pleasure in others' suffering, whether physical or spiritual.

In the 18th and early 19th centuries, folks would go to Bedlam and other asylums and watch the inmates being crazy as a form of entertainment. Fun for the whole family. hmm

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's your answer. It is considered "compassionate" to perpetuate hate speech.

I would agree with that answer from the perspective of an evangelist. smile

1. profile image0

So, what in the world do you do? How do you do it? Posts like the one that made me throw this thing out there...I stopped reading them. Which is wrong, I know. I'm sitting here saying people should speak out and I wouldn't have seen that one if someone hadn't started shouting about it.

Don't you ever get tired of pointing it out, without any response but more hatred? I honestly can't see a way to knock the hard edges off and find something good in the fundamentalist philosophy anymore. And that's a bad thing. There's always something good to be found no matter how small. Nothing can be all bad.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Hate speech can only be combated with more speech. That's it.

Of course, if the Hubpages admins continue to ban members here for the most innocuous and trivial matters, yet allow hate speech, one must wonder where are their priorities?

1. profile image0

I have to say I whole heartedly agree with you. I don't know the rules, but if people aren't banned for the type of comments that were made on that other thread, then there should never be anyone banned. I couldn't imagine anything more disgusting.

I think its like bad news sells  better than good news and yes I agree ,it is disgusting!

1. profile image0

I have to say, I usually look at these things in chronological view. I can't follow other conversations. But when I went through that thing threaded, I got sick. I've never read anything so hateful.

Perhaps if it offended you so ( I am not passing judgement here) just a suggestion ,did you email Hubpages to complain ? maybe report the thread to the correct quarters etc.

No point in reporting those who use religious to abuse others, They claim they are just quoting the bible, no matter that it is homophobic, or threatening, as it's in the book, so they are "just quoting the good book"

2. profile image0

Well, I don't know what the rules are. And I have a strong aversion to the thought of reporting anyone. But, I didn't realize you could use such foul language. Putting an asterisk or two in doesn't do a lot to negate the filth. I'm surprised it's allowed, even of they do let people spew hatred in the name of religion, like ernest said they did.

And what good would someone find in the Holocause? Was there a grain of goodness in that? So many people followed a crazy "Fuhror." sad Ugh! Some things truly don't have any redeeming quality if it means intentionally harming and murdering fellow humans!

Well said Seafarer Mama ,nice to have you onboard smile

Now that you have moved the floorboards ,be prepared for some action lol.
            Suit up glory gurl smile

2. cynthia50u profile image52
        cynthia50uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Flagged and profile also flagged.

4. amuzicka profile image60
      amuzickaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You describe the condition of the church today fairly well. It is sad that there are so many "religious" people today that fill the church pews every Sunday. It is unfortunate that there are few who actually live out their calling, to love the Lord your God first and then each other as yourself. We who live the calling are saddened by what we see going on, but we also know that we can do the one thing that is most important to win this battle above all of our opinion giving and chatter, and that is to PRAY for the church and for our people. I refuse to allow myself to lay my faith aside and just let things happen. That is why I am now engaging in more time in the bible and helping people to know what it is that we are actually supposed to be doing to be saved, and leaving my own opinion to the side. I hope you are encouraged today to seek the Lord and find a renewed vision of what He is really about. If you would like to chat, you can just reply to this and I would love to talk more about things that are of interest to you regarding the Christian faith.

Uh, in the first part, you provided an opinion. In the second part, you follow up with actions on your previous opinion as a direct cause and effect.

So, you can't really say you'll be leaving your opinion to the side because evangelizing your religion is fueled by your opinion. smile

1. Martial Artist profile image82
          Martial Artistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL and that is your opinion.

Really? I thought it more of an observation of logical fallacy. smile

LOL! that is indeed a good answer! But it is still just what you think thus your opinion that you made an observation of logical fallacy

Fair enough. Could you provide your opinion on the follow up statement?

"That is why I am now engaging..."

That would appear to be evidence of an admittance of basing the action on the opinion, don't you think? smile

Possible and definitely plausible I agree, but if I were Xhosan I would say she is getting married. So it would only be my opinion based on my cultural background and my education. In some cultures it is extremely rude to say thank you after a meal and polite to burp. Similar to the translatable statement you are referring to. Depends how you read it and that is how you understand and how I understand it and that forms the basis of our opinions. Other people think she is getting married

2. Martial Artist profile image82

Possible and definitely plausible I agree, but if I were Xhosan I would say she is getting married. So it would only be my opinion based on my cultural background and my education. In some cultures it is extremely rude to say thank you after a meal and polite to burp. Similar to the translatable statement you are referring to. Depends how you read it and that is how you understand and how I understand it and that forms the basis of our opinions. Other people think she is getting married

2. Martial Artist profile image82

But that is just my opinion smile

1. amuzicka profile image60
                amuzickaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You make me laugh. (that is a good thing, not criticism) ;-)

5. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some people accept neither love or hate and this is a sad situation of soul.
      If we show love, they say it doesnt exist or they don't recognize it at all.
      If we show hate, they quickly jump on board and ridicule for that.

Yet they are of a higher morality, being quick themselves to hate and slow to love.
      lol
      Atheists should realize ya reap what ya sow.

1. profile image49
      2. profile image0

Cool. Logic and reason. What a thing to reap. smile

As to your statement, there is no love shown in the fundamentalist view. This thread was started after the horror of reading your hate filled posts toward homosexuals. Not sure where the love was there.

I agree that there's enough holier than thou attitudes here to fill a stadium; but I can put hatefulness into perspective when it is the opinion of the individual, not when it as presented as the word of a god and supported by others as truth. It's not truth. And never will be. That behavior degrades the very idea of God.

1. profile image0

come on
          there was no hate in my post.
          show me the hate.

1. profile image49

Love for all ; hatred for none; only the wrong concepts should be hated not the individual persons.

2. profile image0

Please tell me you aren't serious.  You honestly don't see hatred and homo phobia in any of your posts on that other thread? You aren't that blind. No body is.

1. profile image0

and still you provide no evidence.

1. profile image49
              2. profile image0

I don't need to go to another thread to cut and paste. You know exactly where we had the conversation. You know everything you said to proud lib.

This thread was started to find out why others within your faith didn't speak out against this hatred that you bandy about in the name of your religion. I got my answers.

This game you are playing serves no purpose.

1. profile image0

and still you provide no evidence.
                  i am sure you have your answers just like you perceived the hate.
                  maybe you should just apologize instead of this game you are playing.

1. profile image0

Sure. Once you apologize to the person you insulted, I will apologize profusely for misjudging you.

But your hate speech will not be copied and pasted.

We already did that. You call it love, though. smile

1. vector7 profile image60
              vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't know what love is.

smile

6. heavenbound5511 profile image66
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just Curious-
      As for the words of Jesus Goes>
      Luke 5:31, 32 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 8:38 (KJV)
      Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

John 12:47-48 (KJV)
      And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
      He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
      John 14:23-24 (KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my  Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.
      Matthew 4:10 NIV
      Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' " ( this proves zues to be nothing accept dead and yes I am greater than zues I am alive, breathing person in a real relationship w/ God through Jesus Christ redeeming me and the whole world from the results of sin.
      Zues will not be in heaven- this is a FALSE god and God has commanded nothing out of it but has commissioned us and called all to come to him & receive our salvation.
      In Job 38:31 "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion? (ref Is 58 also to see that cords, bands, being bound is all evil and not God's will for us!
      as God was answering Job- God was declaring that He has all power to do anything , declaring he made the earth and all that is on it and he is in the one & only one that can intervene /stop/save us from and He has the power to bind/stop and also to loose bands & cords from all works of darkness including witchcraft, rain,floods,waters (WhenJesus calmed the storm, God is the only one that can give you true and genuine victory and salvation.)"Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion (Greek Mythology/Hellenism/ witchcraft)?) Seeing that zues is in the mix of greek mythology this is God's view of Greek myths they have no power he is the creator. Read the whole chapter of Job 38, Amos 5 & the rest of the verses that declares God all powerful and will intercede for us in the name of Jesus.
      << Amos 5:8 >> (he who made the Pleiades and Orion, who turns blackness into dawn and darkens day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land--the LORD is his name--
      Back to Jesus  keeping in my mind thoughts and actions the words of Jesus.
      Matthew 4:7 NIV
      Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' " (this is a warning to obey God)
      Jesus showed His love through delivering the people from sicknesses, demons, lies, and many got offended at the word of God he spoke from his mouth.
      Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. (Because they heeded to his warning)

32For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented  not afterward, that ye might believe him.
      (To Repent = to stop sining/turned away from because they was informed/warned that not God's way and it will lead to your destruction)
      Now hating people is different than warning them for their own good and salvation, to avoid destruction and problems that God wants to save them from. The hate that some christians do that is truly hatred & sin is not warning them in love- or because they love them like Jesus and wanted them to be delivered- but they in error say God hates you, and keep the hell speech as the main message & don't even touch the subject of love, repentance, Jesus forgives and saves! Now this is wrong and all christians doing it this way need to read what God's word says, because by reading/ hearing the word of God it will convict us of sin for the result of correction and a better life and relationship with A Christ. In a constant growing state as God prunes us from more and more evil- thus using the word of God as a mirror of correcting us - not condemning us and saying we are nothing.
      God says we are so valuable & worth a lot and this is why he tells us how to reap life instead of death read ezekiel 3 and it also teaches to warn of there coming destruction or we will be guilty of there blood when they die in that sin!
      I 'll stop here God bless you! smile

1. heavenbound5511 profile image66

read Luke 10 in memory of Jesus words.
        Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two

1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
           5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.

8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you. 9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.[b]

16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”......
        28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
        Jesus tell us to pull the people out of destruction- by warning them is how a the Real God and even real friends would do for a person out of love. If they like it or not they must face the truth about there-self the only one they can truly change and allow God to work through as a living vessel.
        John 17 Jesus prays for us>> 13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.....
        If we believed in the word of God that Jesus spoke- we would warn them also for the sake of love to do as God wants and commands, come out of the darkness into the light of Jesus- how can we warn without telling the truth of the coming declared future/ reality of Gods word will completely come to pass as he has declared- we are calling all captives to freedom and repentance as Jesus commands also.
        John 13:8 NIV
        "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."(Jesus warning to repent and turn from sin and be cleansed by God)
        John 21:16 NIV
        Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
        ( a good shepherd warns his flock of danger and the snares of sin)

Mark 8:15 NIV
        "Be careful," Jesus warned them. "Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod."
        as to > A little leaven corrupteth the whole lump.> Gal 5:9
        Shows how sin corrupts a persons whole life and body-

Matthew 18:9 NIV
        And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
        Luke 11:34 NIV
        Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.
        Proverbs 1:22 NIV
        "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?
        Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
        Proverbs 1:4 for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young--
        Proverbs 1:21 at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:
        Proverbs 1:29 Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD,
        Here's some wisdom from proverbs on heeding to waring to save them from destruction that lines up with and doesn't go against the words of Jesus.
        Proverbs 1:32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
        Proverbs 5:12 You will say, "How I hated discipline! How my heart spurned correction!
        Proverbs 9:4 "Let all who are simple come in here!" she says to those who lack judgment.
        Proverbs 21:24 The proud and arrogant man--"Mocker" is his name; he behaves with overweening pride.
        Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
        Proverbs 4:6 NIV
        Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.

Proverbs 9:8 NIV
        Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
        Back to Jesus words>>
        John 8:12 NIV (another warning)
        When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness(sin), but will have the light of life."

John 11:9 NIV
        Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight? A man who walks by day will not stumble, for he sees by this world's light.

John 12:35 NIV (another waring)
        Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes(destroys) you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going.

John 12:36 NIV( another warning)
        Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light." When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.

About warning the people God created.
          2 Chronicles 19:10 NIV
          In every case that comes before you from your fellow countrymen who live in the cities--whether bloodshed or other concerns of the law, commands, decrees or ordinances--you are to warn them not to sin against the LORD; otherwise his wrath will come on you and your brothers. Do this, and you will not sin.

Ezekiel 33:6 NIV
          But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'
          Luke 16:28 NIV
          for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

2 Timothy 2:14 NIV
          [A Workman Approved by God] Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
          Ezekiel 3:17 NIV
          "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
          John 10:3 NIV
          The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
          1 Corinthians 4:14 NIV
          I am not writing this to shame you, but to warn you, as my dear children.

Galatians 5:21 NIV
          and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
          Proverbs 16:20 NIV
          Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
          Ecclesiastes 7:5 NIV
          It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools.
          Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
          He refused to live in sin and they mocked him and so forth and would not listen to the warning that came from God & were destroyed in a flood that God wanted to deliver them from.
          Jesus spoke far ahead of his time relating to us what life would just prior to his coming. He says in Matt. 24:37-38: “But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. “For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,” (Gen.6-7).
          (In Matt 11 Jesus firmly warns and rebukes them of there coming destruction on judgement day)
          I rest my case now and stand on the truth and promises of God. I had to be warned before to and learn the ways of God- and I am still learning. I need all truth along with rebukes and warnings from God so that I may walk in wisdom. So for your sake we warn you and love you just as God has with us for our own good and well being, above all else to honor God!!
          God bless you all!!smile

Toooooooo    looooongggg !!!  wink

I know- I could of done a page out of that info. But I did make a point in that too long response wink

Don't mind me smile

Im happy you expressed yourself so well- keep on keeping glory gurl smile !!

7. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not all Christians behave badly. Many have gotten a bad reputation because of certain publicized churches that are misleading their "flock". Many people don't stand up because they are afraid, what if they are wrong? It's a fear-driven behavior. If a preacher says it, they normally will take their word over their own.

It's hurtful, but many people just don't know what to say. I simply remind people that the Bible was written during a time when society was different. If a woman cheated on her husband she was killed. If the church didn't like you, you were crucified publicly or even physically. As society evolved, the Bible did not. It's all in context and representation. They think they are following the word of God, but they are forgetting that God loved to say stories for them to learn from. Too many people take it literally.

Phoebe Pike-

You're right about not all Christians act badly.
        Sure their are pastors & people leading people astray.
        God has left us responsible to study the word of God & teach it correctly.
        Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.>2 Tim 2:15
        I don't agree that the ones that are being taught wrong are afraid/ in fear. I think that they just don't know the word of or the power of God.
        Dear friends, you already know these things. So be on your guard not to be carried away by the deception of people who have no principles. Then you won't fall from your firm position.> 2 Pet 3:17
        Our firm position is to be in Christ, our revelation of Christ, the power we have been given in Christ, & what Christ has commissioned us to do- take this Gospel of Jesus Christ to all four corners of the earth.

When someone comes to you telling about another Jesus whom we didn't tell you about, you're willing to put up with it. When you receive a spirit that is different from the Spirit you received earlier, you're also willing to put up with that. When someone tells you good news that is different from the Good News you already accepted, you're willing to put up with that too.> 2 cor 11:4
        Dear friends, don't believe all people who say that they have the Spirit. Instead, test them. See whether the spirit they have is from God, because there are many false prophets in the world.> 1 John 1:4
        We error not because the bible was written in another time period/society but for the reason the bible says.
        Jesus said to them, "Aren't you mistaken because you don't know the Scriptures or God's power?> Mark 12:24
        The bit you mention about the old testament laws and such once again do we not know the word of God or of God's power? Do we not know what Jesus came for and the power of God given to those that walk in his spirit?
        Did we forget about the 10 commandment - thou shalt not murder? Did we forget about the new covenant? God gave us a better covenant and that meant those old laws that had no mercy in them are now covered by the mercy and grace we have received because of and through Jesus.
        Jesus didn't condone old testament ways of no mercy.
        We have the old testament is a picture of our warfare that is not to be done in the physical - as in fighting/war/murder. It shows us how to fight now in the spiritual realm -as in now we how power & authority over the enemy/satan in the name of Jesus, we do battle now through prayer, praise and interceding- ALL in the name of Jesus! They did not have that name to pray in before that's how they took it into there own hands and that's why they had to sacrifice animals for the forgiveness of there sins.
        They had no power over there enemy unless God stepped in and helped them defeat there enemies. God caused there enemies to slaughter each other at times with them having to do anything.  They way they defeated there enemies and wiped them out before now we can do the same thing-BUT it will inflicted/overpower satan and his demons because Jesus defeated satan. We learn in the new testament that our enemy is not flesh and blood. Do you think they knew that before Jesus? They were just doing as God commanded until Jesus.I'd pull out some scriptures on all this but a simple search will tell you and lead you to what God has said about the new covenant he made with us through Jesus. New promises, the ability to overcome it all in the name of Jesus. we our joint heirs w/ Christ on & on. Do we even know what God has promised us? If not we are the ones missing out & possibly living a defeated life without  power, wisdom and God's spirit leading us. Also Jesus told us of the Holy Spirit and how we have a right to have it, ask for it, and by that spirit of God/Jesus we can be lead in all truth. The Holy Spirit is our comforter, will remind us of all things, and by the Holy Spirit is how people can & have the ability to even come to Jesus and say Jesus is my Lord. Do we know what God has placed in front of us to overcome in this life?? This is all so we can do what he has called us to do!  The different parts of the body Of Christ working together in the same spirit of Christ doing different stuff all for the same goal- spreading the gospel of Jesus to a dying world- setting the captives free so they can live & not die declaring how good are God is!! The love of God is what draws/leads/ makes people want God! It is because he is so good and merciful!
        God did love stories and Jesus used parables- BUT the rest is literal always remembering to keep it in context and taking into consideration what God has promised and that he is faithful!! Always remember the new covenant, the power God offers and gives us through Jesus- His Holy Spirit- Bible prophecy is real and what's so cool about bible prophecy is that in revelation it tell us that Jesus is the spirit of prophecy!
        Sometimes we think we know every thing but haven't even got a clue that the bible/ and God's knowledge never ends, Never will you be able to say you know enough about God or reached the end of the wisdom of God. It takes His spirit to even make/allow us to go into his knowledge deeper. God's word is alive!!!

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.rev 19:10.
        Warning people and hating them is still different and people mistake one for another because noone ever feels great being condemned or warned to confess/repent and turn to God for your life. They both have different results condemnation tells you how wrong you are and leaves you there without offering to help you, but is sent from the enemy to make you worse. Now to be warned and feel convicted is to realize" Hey I do that & yes it's wrong & God doesn't want it holding me back/down anymore" God help me to get rid of this sin and weight so I can be free" Jesus died for our freedom, salvation and deliverance! Not to say we are nothing and he will and has done nothing for us! read what I left above also it will clarify more on God's people giving warning instead of condemning. People don't know there bibles at all!!
        God bless you smile smile

Sorry about the length but their is too much said just to answer with a short response. Too many subjects are brought up within certain statements. I can't just argue but I have to give details. Or who would be able to understand why I don't agree or what the bible says!
          Thanks!!

8. Apostle Jack profile image60

Christians speak against the corruption and self-righteousness,and evil of the world,which is why it is hated.

No, religionists tell lies, distort reality and don't know the difference between reality and fantasy.

Logic plays no part in religion, it is simply a belief in fairies. Nasty vicious fairies at that.

Psychology 101 Love is not conditional.

You can be loved if... is not love. All religious love has that if, so it is not love at all.
        A simple children's book on transactional analysis makes it plain as day.
        "I'm OK your OK" is the title, not "I'm OK, you can be OK if...

If you had just a little bit of knowledge or at lease as much as the children do you would be able to see beyond the end of your nose.But, they see more than you do.

How many children do you associate with daily?

I have my own business and I deal with children all the time.

2. earnestshub profile image80

you're kidding right? Religion IS the epitome of self righteousness.

Religion is....but Christianity is not a self agenda.You are a fine example of what ignorance of life really means.

So you are a christian.

Geeze I wonder how embarrassed that makes christians here feel?

I would say that  most are ,but not for me.....but for you.

Wanna poll? lol

This is your jungle and everything in it is none-Christian.A poll would be on your side.

So that can only mean that the christians here are not real christians I guess?

9. Mikio profile image69
      Mikioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like anything else, there is a wide spectrum of "Christians" in this world.  Some Christians are saintly, while others are embarrassingly pathetic, as you beautifully pointed out.  For me, the problem is some Christian's insecurity.  The more insecure they are, the more likely that they insist that Jesus is the ONLY way to salvation.  How they behave in this world reminds me of the Pharisees in Jesus' time: utter paranoia and grotesque self-righteousness.

Jesus said himself He was the only way you genius...

1. Mikio profile image69

No, Jesus didn't.  John's Gospel said that Jesus said.  There's a huge difference between the two.  Besides, Jesus is the ONLY way to God for those who believe.  I'm glad that you follow Jesus.  Good for you.

Discrediting John's account?

Lets hear your basis. Maybe you don't believe any of it?

And unfortunately stating he didn't is absurd because there is at least a recorded account stating he did. But NO RECORDED ACCOUNT stating anything otherwise.

No accounts of Jesus saying different.

That would make your imagination what you base your conclusion on about what Jesus did not say.

Well done..

smile

1. Mikio profile image69

Please visit my hub pages and read: 1) FAQ on the Bible, and 2) Jesus' Identity.  I hold two master's degrees in Religious Studies.  I am trained in: 1) redaction criticism, 2) rhetorical criticism, and 3) form criticism.  If you don't know what these disciplines are, you really can't talk to me, pal.

Welcome to Hubpages and buckle up ,it promises to be a bumpy ride wink

Bring it on big boy! smile

What does that mean exactly? It can't really be an education because there is nothing to provide an education other than a set of scriptures, which is available to anyone. Since religions are largely fantasy, what use could it be to anyone?

It's like saying one has a Phd in Unicornism or a Doctorate in Leprechaunology. smile

I'll look through my qualifications.... I may have one of them! lol

You need at least several to stay on top of the fruit loops lol

2. profile image0

It's similar to a study in "Theoretical" or "Historical" studies. I know a few people who are studying it. Their classes are mostly involved with the history of religion and the why the people believed it then and now. *Shrug*

One of my friend, who doesn't have a HP account so I won't use their name, let me sit in on one of the classes he was teaching (I was job shadowing because I was considering becoming a college professor). The class went much like any other class. The subject material wasn't much different than a history class on social behaviors, except it put key emphasis on society's rules.

-Explains what the religion(s) believe in depth.
                  -Explains how it affected society during that time.

---

After those two key objectives, they moved on to the other portion of the class, they had to justify the "movements" made, including the crusades, and then they had to say why it was horrible. It was actually a really interesting class.

---

It also touched on mythological creatures and why people put so much emphasis on them, but I couldn't go to the next class (part 2) because I wasn't signed up for the course. smile

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate that. I'm wondering if the classes were based on rational and critical thought or were they meant to further and solidify the beliefs of the students attending.

For example, did they touch on the subject of indoctrination when discussing why people believed? smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

One word comes to mind- "hypocrites". hmm

1. profile image0

That word is too kind. This borders on the pathetic and irresponsible. No decent person should stand by and pretend it isn't wrong.

Everyone argues. And it gets heated at times, but to let these hate filled speeches some are making go unchallenged is too disappointing not to comment on.

2. profile image0

Very original.  Never been called that one before.  roll

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The only thing that needs to be known about believers is what they teach/preach.

Do as I say, Not as I do. Nothing more needs to be said.

2. profile image0

Sir Dent, I have come to believe that you are a kind and decent person. If you accept this mentality as the will of the god you follow, you are being led down a sad path.

I've always chalked it up to the fact that wild people need a wild religion, but now that I have been faced head on by the beliefs being taught within that branch of Christianity,  I am truly sickened by the hatred. There is nothing of the mentality or the teachings of Jesus contained in it.

Run away and find a path that suits the goodness in you. They will only taint it until you've lost all compassion and won't even remember it ever existed.

3. Williamjordan profile image58
      Williamjordanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pleas don't group us not all are alike please some are mis informed

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

There ya go! A reply. it's because they will allow any type of abuse and even justify it rather than admit the truth of the abuse, or even see it. smile

lol

1. profile image0

Often the abuse is just their perception of what is in all reality, purported  truths. Words that are hard to hear.
      Of course if a child while learning keeps thinking that 2 + 2 = 5 after repeated teachings, the parent resorts to another method of saying the same thing in hopes this other angle leads to enlightenment.
      But each christian will totally embrace the new convert with joy overflowing and the atheist will be there to destroy. Now that's abuse.
      Do not mistake the conviction of Gods holy spirit for hate speech.

Atheists are not on earth to destroy anyone. They challenge people to use their heads about their faith, really. They are "adversaries" to organized religion, but they  may have more spirit than the all the fundamentalists put together.

The better way to teach children that 2 +2+4 and not 5 is to let them figure it out with basic counting out...to discover the truth for themselves by using their own intelligence. Children need room to discover the world on their own terms. They are more likely to appreciate and respect the (natural) world that way...and if that mindset is reinforced by parents and family doing the same, they will grow to be balanced adults. The best way to serve the Creator of the universe, who has given us the brains we have to think with...is to use those brains...our own..not others'.

1. profile image0

interesting.
          That may be a fine generalization but here on hubpages we have atheists who are not challenged to use their heads about their faith, they parrot the same old stuff over and over inspite of obvious corrections to their belief. When i said they are here to destroy that is exactly what i meant a conclusion i came to by experience. Call it challenge if you will but seriously do christians need to be challenged about their beliefs? especially when the belief that is supposedly challenging is a step down, not up.
          As to the better way to teach children is to let them figure it out... can we use your example with matches... i think not... so as your generalizations are good and useful they do not encompass the whole spectrum. As this reality doctrine is useful it also does not encompass the whole spectrum. When i did not realize that God was in everything i had a certain respect for the natural world.. since God.. my respect has increased 100 fold, but thats just my experience.
          Not sure what you meant by using our brains to serve the creator of the universe means. I often have noted that God prefers christians listen to Him first before using our brains and ya can't really judge people because they are okay with a belief in christianity that doesn't make sense to you. As i have said before, God isn't all about 100% correct interpretation of the scriptures as he is all about 100% relationship with Him. Does every person acquainted with math know all about math? Is every archeologist "up" on every aspect of archeology.. Much learning is often dependent upon the time one spends on learning. Indeed there are many more facets to christian understanding that we can fathom. Shall i compare the knowledge that Herbert W Armstrong had about God to myself? Obviously not.

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Or maybe there are a lot like me who have seen so much garbage in the religious forums here that we choose not to enter them at all, or at most only rarely.

My guess (based on what I have seen in the forums so far) is that there is probably nothing I can say that will change the mind of someone who believes differently from the way I do; in fact, most arguments I have seen have only hardened each side against each other.  But I hope that the things I do may allow some people the opportunity to adjust their thinking about Christians-in-general into a more positive direction.

1. profile image0

I realize that this place abounds with disagreements. At times, I think that is why we are all here. But when a person claiming affiliation with the same name you use degrades the entire point of the message it boggles my mind that there are those who post 'well said' or 'amen'

It eggs the mentality on. It's wrong on every level of decency. Someone wrote once to the effect of ' bad things happen because good people don't stand up against it'. My question is, where are the good people in the ranks of the fundamentalists?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your answer is in the question itself wink

there aren't any
        if they were good they wouldn't be fundies in the first place tongue

1. profile image0

I don't know. I honestly believe that most people are basically good. I think many within the fundamentalist ranks are simply blinded and lazy. They'd rather have someone tell them what to think, than think for themselves.

Someone needs to grab those who seek to lead this hateful charge by the collar and shake some sense into them. And those too weak to think this through and recognize the madness should not be given quarter either. It needs to stop.

1. kirstenblog profile image78

I stand by what I say about fundies, your more normal mainstream type religious person is usually a lot more humble and tastefully understated and are as such not fundies. It is my observation that fundamentalism takes to the extreme this effect religion has of creating 'us' versus 'them' division in peoples mentality. In religious terms this is how the devil conquers the religious, divide and conquer. This us and them divide is a fool proof plan for any devil or devils to cause misery and suffering. No fundie can be called decent because they do this job of evil, creating division, to the furthest extreme possible. I have no patience for those sorts of people. For the humble religious person, their belief in God is a personal matter, not to be flaunted publicly and are likely to do exactly what you have done, and question what they feel is hateful in emotion. You are no fundie by my reckoning, just an inquisitive soul searching for a greater sense of what love is and how to feel it deeper smile I doubt I will ever see such as yourself post that this or that religion is better then the others

1. profile image0

Well, I've always been anti religion. Just never called it that until recently. Everything in life is cause for reflection. I guess the Bible is a part of it, but only in as much as it relates to our world and our need to find a way to function as a peaceful society. There isn't much left that relates, except for the philosophy of Jesus; and even that needs to be thinned down to what relates to the modern world.

I do hope you're wrong about the fundies. That's a whole lot of people labeled as bad. I don't want to imagine that many so far removed from the ability to care for others. I realize our society has gravitated toward selfishness and intolerance for the rights of others, but it can gravitate back if people stop to think.

I get the same sense from "just_curious."

I agree that the religions seem too interested in causing division. Personally, I believe that the survival of our species, and the freedoms we have here in the US, depends on our unity or spirit as human beings. Why is it that the Christians of MLK's church were able to inspire the Civil Rights marches in the 1960s?  Because they  united in peace with one another...in a common spirit of love and goodness. We need more of that. A person's spirit is more important than which religion they follow or their gender identity....our spirit as  humans needs to be first and foremost ...that is what will save our world! The political is also personal and spiritual...it all connects..part of the web of life. Being kind and respecting the human rights of our neighbors benefits us....it's all connected...what we sow in goodness we will also reap...

2. Donna Suthard profile image60

I agree with you Seafarer Mama!  You are so right on!

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I would like to be counted among the very tiny number.  I don't agree with hate filled speech, no matter who it's coming from, and I get pissed off (yup, that's what I said) when people play the eternal damnation card, the homos are out because God said so card, and the "it's only for your own good" card. 

If you clearly state what you believe and someone chooses to disagree with you, be an adult and move on.  While you may be a Christian, you are not Christ, and while you may interpret His words to mean that you should share the gospel with everyone you encounter, sharing it ought to end at sharing it - not threatening with it.  I've said before in these forums, and I'll say it again...It is no more right to beat people with Scripture than it is to beat them with your fists.  When your words become hate filled, you are NOT being Christlike.  Period.   

Jesus saves.  We do not.  Get over the God complex.  Follow Him and quit trying to BE Him.

1. profile image0

You are most definitely part of the tiny minority that has earned my respect.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"It is no more right to beat people with Scripture than it is to beat them with your fists."

Amen!

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe that with my whole heart, Jeff.

3. stclairjack profile image77
      stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hey there motown,.... thats a statement i can say a very loud amen to!!!

i think those of us who, like you, realize that our lives as we lead them may be the only "bible" that some read,... we belong to waht i jokingly referr to as the "church of the holy java",... meaning,... we woke up and smelled the coffee,.... and didnt like the thought of having it poured down our gullets or doing the same to others.

just a thought,.... coffee instead of wine,... caffine comunion,... (i know, my priest is gona give me 10 hail marys for this,... when he stops laughing too)

1. profile image0

I could totally live with coffee during communion...lol

wink

Freckles loooorrve great coffee, Arabica beans tongue

1. stclairjack profile image77

my friend and i laughingly want to start a coffee party in polltics,... for all those dissafected pissed off average americans who refuse to drink the tea(koolaid),... we all woke up and smelled the coffe long ago,.. and we need leadership that drink coffee rather than tea-party koolaid,.... yea, were both republicans,.. and were not very happy bout that right now. ha!

lol

Funnily enough I was raised on tea ,hot tea ,milk and sugar (The English style)
              My first cup of coffe was that creamy stuff squirted out of a tube :lo:..and my first reaction roll

20 yrs later I became I Barista and learned all about Arabica beans -and I am now a confirmed Coffee-holic tongue

I suspect your post was however more Intellectual ,but Id be happy to come and brew the best coffee out there  lol while you all discuss tea...

1. stclairjack profile image77

absolutely! just no tea,... and positively no tea bagging!,... i just want to scream every time some well meaning very enthusiastic blue haired lady gets up and starts going on about "tea bagging" her senator!

could not one single person have googled this term before using it as a national campaign slogan???????

you know the next thing these political tone-deaf idiots are going to come up with?... bet my wiskey money the'll start a national campaign to send fans to your elected officials,...."angry about how washingon blows all our hard earned tax dollars?... show your representative how angry you are,.. mail him or her a fan (purchased here at our web site for just 9.95,.... or 2 for 14.95),.... be the fisrt among your conservative friends to blow your senator,.... its not just for interns any more!"

who am i kidding,... you know some two bit nit-whit is already dreaming this up in some tea-party office in BFE,... hells bells,.... maybe they can get joe the plumber or monica lewinski to be the national spokes person,.. i hear they both specialize in plumbing!

kinda off subject arent i?! ha!

religious discusions are usualy a drag,... theres no arguing with a concrete mind in the same way that there is no reading a closed book.

and i must say i agree compleetly that hate speach and intentionaly inflamitory remarks are not only un called for but only serve to demonstrate the ignorance and insecurities of those who would make them,.... i most usualy do not let them slide in my pressance,... on line or otherwise.... i call a spaid a spaid.

So Im guessing that was sublimal for latte right lol

Good read wink

Great p;ost. I love it!

Are you a fan of Gary Larsen's "Far Side" cartoons? When we were dating, my husband gave me an Easter card that depicts Jesus changing decaf coffee into caffinated as one of his "miracles." Cute. :0)

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

What is wrong with Christians you ask?

The same as is wrong with the rest of society.
    As a group we are as diverse as the rest of society. 

I bit into a rotten apple once,  do I think all apples rotten ?   NOPE   I don't,    but I keep my eays open just in case I get hold of another bad one.  I take a good look at it before I accept it as being a good one.

7. earnestshub profile image80

What is wrong with Christians?
    I think you have some of the answers here in the replies from believers, with the usual exceptions.
    smile

Yes what's wrong with Christians? Lots of unbiblcal fundamentalist ideas. Lots of 'turn or burn sucker' and a lack of respect for those who don't believe in God.

What's wrong with the atheist? A lack of respect for anyone with a belief system?

So many times I've seen the atheist make a post that is designed to wind up the Christian because he thinks he's being funny. The Christian's blood is boiling inside because he's supposed to be all sweetness, loveliness and pretty little flowers, yet his anger is seething. To resolve this internal conflict he responds with some scripture about God's wrath, hoping that the 'uncaged lion' will fight the battle for him. The atheist then launches into the same old tirade composed of all the old stereotypes.

So many intelligent people stay away from this forum because they can see that it's petty pointless 95% of the time. Now and then you may see some gem of inspiration, but the thread gets spoilt by the fundie zealot or the atheist knobhead.

sad

1. profile image0

I agree completely. I think sometimes the whole point of the atheist attack is to push you over the edge, so they can point out (unfairly in my opinion) that the whole concept of christianity is built on hatred.

I know the old saying goes we are not our brother's keeper, but there was someone posting such hatred yesterday and claiming it the word of his god (and I don't capitalize the word because whatever he worships could not deserve the time it would take to hold the shift key down) that it caused me to fly a little hot; thinking that there are those who cheer this behavior on.

2. jreuter profile image81
        jreuterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awesome comment.

8. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

They don't believe and do what Jesus did and believed. Jesus never believed in Trinity.

Amen Paar.

And as you said Christians don't do what Jesus did like healing the sick, raising the dead, turning water into wine (though I'd prefer beer myself, and I'm rather partial to single malts too). If they did these things the World would be a happier place.

Of course which begs the question, if you see Jesus as a great prphet and accept the miracles, including the wine one, why don't Muslim's drink?

1. profile image49

Jesus did not drink wine; there is no question of increaing it by Jesus.

Jesus was a Jew and drinking wine is prohibited in Torah.

And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying:

Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations: (Leviticus 10:9)

1. profile image0

Paar, if you are going to comment on Jesus, know who he was first. Matthew 11:18-19 will clear that up. He most certainly did drink wine.

2. kirstenblog profile image78

I guess you have never had jewish wine wink
          It's kinda good ya know big_smile
          And sure, they probably don't drink in the tabernacles but their living rooms seems just fine smile
          Might be time for you to educate yourself a bit more about people outside of your own belief system wink (just so you can avoid showing such huge ignorance of topics you attempt to make yourself a preacher of)

1. profile image0

I think we forget about the fermentation of wine producing alcohol. drunkeness is sternly warned against. The ability for a 'grape juice' or a 'new wine' to make one drunken is moot. Without the fermentation process alcohol is not present.
            Jesus turned water into 'new' wine hence the fermentation process is non existent, hence, grape juice, no alcohol...
            Why would jesus create alcoholic wine? that could make people more drunk than they already, very possibly, were or, possible again, could become.
            Being of Gentile minds i surmise, we hear the word wine and immediately assume alcohol. I just want to remind people that a somewhat lengthy fermentation process is needed to create a wine able to produce drunkeness also i call upon the holy nature of Christ and therefore i lean to the understanding that He created what is equivalent to harmless grape juice.

3. Disappearinghead profile image60

Paar. Read the verse you quoted again "Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, WHEN ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:"

The keyword is 'when' Don't drink wine when you go into the tabernacle lest at some future occasion one of them went in drunk. Wine is perfectly permissible to the Jew, priesthood and Christian.

God gave us wine because He loves us and wants us to be happy.

4. profile image0

paar, I don't know who does your biblical reading or interpretation for you.  Jews did drink wine.  It is not prohibited in the Torah.

Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding feast at Cana AND drank wine at the Last Supper (when he instituted communion). 

LASTLY, Leviticus is a law written EXPRESSLY for the LEVITES - the community of priests.  They and their sons were prohibited from drinking wine or strong drink prior to entering the tabernacle to perform their priestly duties NOT always.

5. jreuter profile image81
          jreuterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear, not to get on a tangent but this is so erroneous I can't stand it. But.... it looks as thought Motown2Chitown just explained it perfectly.

Yes.  Anyone who does not believe that Jews think wine is okay has not been to a Seder at Passover. :0)

2. profile image0

That response concerning the trinity has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

Since I have never seen you post in opposition to the type of mentality that pushed me to ask this question, I am left to assume it is the stand of Islam to agree with it.

Any that do not speak out against intolerance borne of hatred on the basest of levels could not follow a religion worthy of being followed.

I don't mean to post harshly. It is simply that I cannot understand the mentality of those who claim a superior knowledge, yet show a lack of  understanding of common decency toward all of their fellow human beings. Nor do I care to; past the point of figuring out how to stamp it out.

It is attitudes such as this that cause so much of the grief throughout the world today. Until people stop quoting scripture and start thinking for themselves it won't stop. If there is a God, it would only seem appropriate to use the brains we were given. When a book is used for hatred, it shows the hatred within the heart of the user. Nothing more.

Throwing it off as not having been generated by one's own shortcomings, and posting it as if by the authority of a higher power needs to be opposed as loudly, and as often, as possible; until those who spew it either learn better or, at the least, the weak stop listening and cheering it on.

Your post is valid and Yeshua berated the Pharisees for the same sort of behaviour one sees in forumland.

1. profile image0

And that is what I have been unable to wrap my head around. Why are they blind to this? They don't read. They don't think. Someone is handing this insanity to them on a platter and they gulp it down and then vomit it out. Only to belly up to the table again to take their fill. It's tragic.

3. profile image49
      1. profile image0

Morning paar. Up to your old tricks I see. smile

9. Jerami profile image59

What is wrong with Christians ?

Could as easly ask  What is wrong with "THEM" .

I think that this is what is wrong with US ...  Every one of us.   
       We should always ask ourselves ...  What is wrong with ME

I was talking to a Marriage councelor once.
    She ask me to take two pieces of paper, and write upon the first, She did such and such ,,,  on the other piece of paper,  I was to write my responce to her action.

She did such and such   ....  I then did this
                Etc
                Etc.
           And the list was long ....   actualy needed more paper.

Now imagine ......   When we see God, we give these two pieces of paper to Him.

God then takes the piece of paper that reads ; She did such and such, and tears it into tiny pieces and then says ...

NOW !  ...   I will read your confession.

When we stand beore our maker,  we won't be talking about why we didn't fix the other guy.

1. profile image0

Perhaps. But if that's the scenario that plays out, you can rest assured that every time you tucked your head and didn't speak out against injustice, it will be a point of uncomfortable discussion.

None of us are perfect. Sure, it's the responsibility of each person to find the problems within themselves and work them out. And to see that they are no better than the next person. It is also our responsibility, in America, to ensure that no one negates the value of another human being. Once that mentality is allowed to flourish, it will never end.

Negating the value of another person because of differences in sexual orientation, the color of their skin or gender has no place in a free society, in my opinion. To not speak out against it within the ranks of those someone affiliates themselves with lays a heavy burden of proof on that person to show they aren't of the same mentality.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything you have posted here.

I'm just saying that we must first evaluate ourselves to the best of our ability before we presume ourselves worthy to be sherrif. 
           Everybody is not qualified for the job because everyone has their own blind spot.

It just seems to me to be a damned if I do,  damned if I don't situation.

It is Ssooo easy to become worse than the thing that we hate.

1. profile image0

No, jerami. I cannot agree with that. We all have valid opinions that don't sync. Diversity is good, but there is no good to be found in allowing hate speech.

We all inadvertently hurt the feelings of others every day. No one is perfect. I'm worse than the next person at every turn probably. I'm not perfect by any stretch of anyone's imagination. But you cannot equate foot in mouth to hate.

This mentality is no different from aryan philosophies. No different than the deep south was for a long time. It has no right to claim a place in our society.

I realize the poster who caused me to put up this thread isn't American, but many who post indicating agreement with him are. I find that sad. Our society is better than that.

During the 60s I was watching T.V.  and the reporter ask a black preacher what he thought about the KKK being given their time on TV to spout their hate speeches. Did he think that the KKK should be denied TV time?
               The preacher said absolutely NOT. Do not deny them their time.  That the more time that the KKK was given on TV, the more their crazy opinions were exposed for what it is.

This actually helped the civil rights cause.  The more exposure that the KKKs received ....  The more obviously ridiculous their concepts became.  They were shooting themselves in their own foot.

I do agree with you concerning our need to speak out against any and all hate speech.  It should not go unchallenged.

Just saying ...  We should be careful as to HOW we hate anything. lest we become absorbed in our OWN kind of HATE.
               The air is filled with what we perceive to be self justification.
                Self justification is an equal opportunity destroyer.

Hate is hate  no matter the flavor.
               To hate any one that hates,  we become one.

Again  ...  I agree with YA   Just saying  to be careful.

edit   been cleaning house between coments and now gotta go out and take care of some business.  Back in a while

1. profile image0

Ok. I get your point. And you're right. I don't hate the person as much as the mentality. I simply think when people don't speak out, the person hurt by the hateful speech is hurt that much more. They should realize that they aren't alone and people understand they have as much right to be who they are as the next person.

You are exactly right.   I have benefited from someone speaking up in my defense and it was most apreciated and meeded.
                   So I do totaly agree with YA!

I agree with you Jerami.. You are so so right!

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Exactly, the more we hear believers preach compassion, the more their version of compassion is exposed as crazy. smile

You are SSssooooo  funny and I want Ya to know that I apreciate YA.

I am happiest 'doing' rather than 'talking'.

But its a forum right ,so you talk lol wink

3. vector7 profile image60

Or maybe you would just love to impose that idea on them..

Say? Like you just did...

cool

10. profile image49

The Christians don't believe and do what Jesus did and believed. Jesus never believed in Trinity; yet the Christians believe in Trinity; that is one of the wrongs they are doing.

11. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 12 years ago

I am afraid it is highly unlikely I will ever be converted but I have to say Christianity looks a lot more appealing when good-hearted Christians object to their brothers and sisters using the religion to hurt and oppress others.

12. profile image53
    sunny5555posted 12 years ago

I am shocked to see some one writes we should not judge. I gave that as an answer to some one"s question and he blocked my answer claiming it was wrong and it was a negative reply, and I did give the scriptures where it states, we should not judge.

13. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 12 years ago

I'm curious as to what comment prompted the question..."What's wrong with the Christians?"  yikes

Who knows ,probably a bad hair day lol

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

just curious begins here ,that might explain it for you better smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/74370

1. luvpassion profile image62
            luvpassionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...I read that this was the comment I haven't seen yet.

When someone posts a crazy and slightly evil take on prophesy and calls himself greater than Zeus and the right hand of Jesus; why do you not denounce it but cheer them on?

Where's this post hmm

Ohok, sorry dont know.

2. Jaydeus profile image61
      Jaydeusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is right with them?  History has proven them to be delusional, bloodthirsty sheep who follow anyone that can make apocalyptic warnings out of 2000+ year old anti-Roman poetry.
      Not saying all Christians are that way(my sister follows the love of Christ), but I study history and this is what it has shown me in regards to world affairs.  No proof, just ''faith''. 
      If we relied on faith to keep our pioneering astronauts safe, they would have boiled 60k feet in the air.  Science, the understanding of nature's proven and testable laws, is what makes the world go around.

Yep and if Science never had a creation to define ,we would still be in the dark ,so to speak smile

For me the greatest Scientist will be the Creator. And I love the Scientific discoveries he reveals to man every second of every single day.

p.s Listen to ya sis ,shes got it going on wink

Funny how your god seems to be holding back the scientific discovery for a cancer cure and a host of other ailments that kill people each and every day.

Yet, your god revealed Velcro to us.

Why would he do that?

1. aguasilver profile image71
            aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you will find that BigPharma is the one holding back the cancer cure, God gave it to us in Genesis when He gave us all the green herbs to eat.... He revealed it, but BigPharma make too much out of junk science to allow God's cures to be used; except by those who can see the bigger picture.

I have a friend who is a doctor treating cancer naturally and who saves 75% of the folk who go to him, and I mean saves for a whole lot longer than the five years life BigPhrma considers successful.

He started off as a white coat, became a surgeon, and then turned to natropathic holistic medicine because (as he said) "He wanted to start curing people, not just treat the symptoms"

Most of His patients come to him when the white coats have written them off and sent them home to die, cut, poisoned and burnt from 'traditional scientific medicine'.

If I mentioned his name, BigPharma would have him closed down.

Yes he is a believer.

God gave us the answers, but the secular world refuses to listen.

lol Wow, it's just one whopper of a tale after another. But, I suppose you consider it telling the truth, right?

lol Hilarious, you'll say anything.

Ok you want a perfect world, guess what there isnt one.

Mark I mean Beezle ,all the energy you spend critising my beliefs and how they are myths etc etc is monotonous.

Why not share your wondeful achievements and how they solve the worlds problems.

Because you cant -right, then sit and ....finish ya knitting.

Again, you continue to put words in my mouth, why do you do that?

Terrible behavior. First you make threats to everyone who doesn't share your beliefs and then criticize others for the state of the world, the same state of the world that has been under the rule of your beliefs these past many centuries. Hilarious. lol

Maybe you should start to keep count, you use that excuse far too much little fellow.

smile

Now that is a good point!
            Although velcro is useful, the cancer cure would seem to take precedence! lol lol lol

God gave me cancer apparently, because I don't believe in him, but then I had to rely on earthly medical practices to fix me up cos I don't believe in god. smile

My highly religious friend used god as a cure for his cancer.
            His family provided this as proof of god.

He was dead in 6 weeks without medical help. Got taken home, lucky sod!
            lol

Disease affects everyone.
              Sin corrupted the whole world.

That's how sin works.

Cancer destroyed my mother ,not God.

Who are you or anyone to say I wont see her again,or thats she's not in Heaven?

Yea I would rather believe, and still have a good life ,then to have a good life,die and find there was more after all smile

Of course, you know that to be a lie but for some reason you felt compelled to share it with us anyways. Terrible behavior.

Yes, he did, because your own words said that your god reveals discoveries of science, yet your god has not revealed the discovery of a cure for cancer. Yes, your god is responsible.

You also said disease is a result of sin, hence your mom obviously sinned in the eyes of your god if she got cancer.

Impossible, your mom would have never got cancer if she never sinned.

This is all based on your explanations. smile

Twisted as usual.

Once the seed of sin entered the world, it contimated all life,or ultimately has the potential too.

So yes we are all sinners! for we come from that seed.

Sorry, you're claiming your religious beliefs involving sin are the result of all the problems in the world, you present nothing but contradictions and fabrications...

... and you're calling me twisted? lol

2. profile image0

Hey. I am very curious.  I know you're probably in a bit of a mood from being picked on; but do you really believe that? The part about sin being responsible for sickness. I've heard it before, but I honestly didn't think anyone was supposed to take it seriously.

2. profile image0

You really gotta change your style of posting for me to believe anything of what you post.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image59
          Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

kiwi, Science defines new truth ideas and I love it.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

I need to correct my first reply. I was meaning to say Science defines new Creation ideas. smile

It's still wrong, science does no such thing. smile

Feel free to deny the reality staring you right in your face Beelzedad. That's your choice.

Hilarious. Between the two of us, one of us only describes reality for what it is while the other invokes invisible supernatural entities and all other sorts of magical beings.

roll

roll

2. profile image0

In case you hadnt noticed its all about the supernatural to Christians. This is why our hope is so much steadfast than the unsaved persons expectation of hope. While we do not invoke other sorts of magical beings we do believe that the one God, creator of all things. (genesis 1:1) and doer of many many miraculous healings  is capable of all things.

3. vector7 profile image60

lol

Beelze, please stop acting like you have the answer to reality. It stretches slightly farther than just the little thoughts in your little head.

H i l a r i o u s

Is fine WOC ,I am a smart girl, knew exactly where you were coming from wink

I knew you would understand kiwi. smile I just wanted to make myself clear to the atheists.

Are you saying that to convince others or yourself? smile

No convincing required wink

True, not any more, I was convinced some time ago. smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image59

Deleted

WOC,I think it was my smartness, that Beezle was questioning.

Well I never ......lol

3. Woman Of Courage profile image59

Beelzedad, No, I wasn't trying to convince anyone. Have  good day smile

14. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 12 years ago

Your opinion, written out by men yes, inspired by God definitely.

That is another lie. You cannot claim definitively who or what inspired the writers of the bible. smile

Of course I can.... your opinion is no less or more valid than mine.

You can disagree, you can waste your life writing trite comments, but you have no superiority over anyone except maybe those you employ or who are your children.

Are you actually changing your story now and calling your post an opinion?

"Your opinion, written out by men yes, inspired by God definitely."

You are also free to lie about it, too, and lie to your children. smile

I am still 100% sure that the scriptures are DEFINITELY inspired by God, but to YOU it's just an opinion.

Likewise when you call me a liar, I know you are in error, but that's just my opinion.

As it happens I take great care to give my children a balanced viewpoint, after all I lived as a secularist until I was 41 years old, so I tell them what I believe to be true, and what secularists believe to be true, because I would rather prepare them for the onslaught they will receive from the secular world, should they choose to live in it when they mature, than leave them to be confused when they meet with secularists.

Balance is important.... I'm sure you agree.

Yes, I'm sure you believe that but it isn't anything you actually know or can prove in any way. My "opinion" only shows that you are not telling the truth, definitely.

Sorry, but I don't see any balance there whatsoever, I only see religious indoctrination on your part for yourself and your children. smile

1. profile image0

yes beely you are very opinionated.
                You claim that too mention God is indoctrination and that is not good. Now you state that if a person tell both sides of the story that is not good either.
                With you there is no compromise or allowance for any other viewpoint than your own and you continue to indoctrinate us with your opinions.
                SO for you to constantly haggle about indoctrination is rather a moot and laughable point, since you do the same.
                I am sorry you cannot see proof.
                I am reminded of acts chapter 14:1-4.  when paul and barnabus went to Iconium to preach and god provided both signs and wonders (miracles) and yet there was still a division among the people, inspite of the miracles. Some people will never "get it". I do not wonder what side of the division you would be on.

Funny how you keep putting words in my mouth. I suspect that is because you are unable to respond in kind, perhaps?

lol Still don't understand the definition of indoctrination, I see.

You haven't offered any.

Is that your proof? lol

1. profile image0

I've typed in the forums many times that my and other Christians proof is our relationship and experience with God through Jesus Christ.
                    Recall i used an example of a person whose hobby is model railroading. He sees the model railroad and all the cool add ons and thinks okay im gonna do that. So he buys a railroad train set and sets it up in his basement and soon after he discovers a wonderful world of add ons and scenarios and eventually has a huge railroad train set.
                    What he thought was tiny and small turned out to be a huge world of accessories,  previously unknown.
                    The point is that until a person gets into something they don't usually have a full understanding of whats inside that 'world'.
                    I further went on to point out that those standing on the outside looking in (store window for example) cannot perceive the experience of those on the inside looking out. As humans we dominantly have to be involved in something to benefit from the experience of it. Trying to live a vicarious Christian life will not be the same as living it 'real time'.
                    This is all the proof i need. And the same proof is available to you, the words are even nigh unto you, in your mouth if you profess that Christ is Lord and invite Him into your life as savior. Simple stuff but takes some humility which God necessitates.
                    Psalms 51:17   The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you wilt not despise.
                    Isaiah 66:2   For all those things has my hand made, and all those things have been, says the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at my word.
                    A synonym of indoctrinate is brainwash, propagandize BUT the definition is:
                    1.   to instruct in a doctrine,  principle, ideology, etc., especially to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.
                    2.   to teach or inculcate.
                    3.    to imbue with learning.

Hope this helps

15. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Whats wrong with them?

Like Custer said at Little Big Horn, "Hey, where did all these Indians come from!!!!!"

nothing is wrong with them at all, they simply believe. Its their choice.

1. profile image0

Nothing at all wrong with belief in God. That wasn't the question. But, it was a naive question anyway. Not sure what caused me to ask it.

Thankyou for showing respect smile

16. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. "Well, there's so much to live for!" "Like what?" "Well... are you religious?" He said yes. I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?" "Christian." "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant ? "Protestant." "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" "Baptist" "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?" "Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lolol,..... funny

Yes.  We are aware of the things that are humorous to sick diseased minds. Death is tragic. Apparently your views are slightly skewed.

Sounds more like you are that same little child who constantly gets scolded because you lack the understanding to quit beating little girls.

Unfortunately you will simply become offended, rather that use your God given processor called a brain and become somewhat less disgusting and twisted. Those thoughts lead to very diseased things like cannibalistic behavior, or zombie like where your pathetic jollies are more important than human life.

Yes. Laugh. Just like a child. And show everyone just how silly your little thought systems are.

Go on. Tell me some crap like, "it's a joke retard."

I'm very aware, but unfortunately it still gives insight to your personality, of which is posted here for all to see by you.

How lovely.

smile

17. Donna Suthard profile image60
    Donna Suthardposted 12 years ago

God was never about religion, but about waking up from the illusion that we are separated from God and from each other. Any teaching that teaches hate, fear,or judgment is not from God..These messages come from the ego..The problem in the world is the need to find someone wrong or to feel the need to correct another person's magical beliefs..
    people project, what they feel guilty about.and sickness results from judgment..If you teach and think kindly of everyone, then a human will not experience pain, sickness and suffering..Always in this world, their is always a Victimizer and a Victim in every relationship..The trick is not to play the victim. To teach unconditional love is a pathway to happiness..the trick is not  having to justify or defend yourself, nor allowing another to physically harm you or someone else.
    It is perfectly acceptable to be an atheist, agnostic or, a witch. Its about acceptance of others. Its about being open-minded and allowing each other the freedom of speech. Christians mean well, but they feel they need to save your soul from eternal damnation, because they have been taught to go out into the world, to teach the gospel. Their doing it out of a sense of love and obedience.. Its amazing they truly believe in a God of punishment, that will cast you into hell, where you will be burned for eternity, for your sins..but their is their belief system.. I find its best not to argue with them..its futile to argue with someone who wants to be right...they must believe as they wish, and that goes for everyone. Everyone must believe as they wish..

18. Jerami profile image59

Beelzedad wrote

No, we don't get the sin and sickness part because it is so far fetched from reality.

= -  = -  = -

me       Sin is anything that is detrimental to our physical, mental or spiritual well being.

Lets assume I am 14 years old,  I do not eat right, I take LSD, drink formaldahide, smoke crack cocain, for many years....

If I sire a deformed child ?  do I blame that on God or did my "Sins" have something to do with it ?

That's not sinful, that's being a complete idiot.

No, that would be idiocy, not sin.

Where does your bible state that not eating right is sinful?

Give it up, Jerami. You're chasing a tail, in circles. smile

2. Donna Suthard profile image60

The teaching from the Course in Miracles which is  Christian (Eastern )Teachings.  Sickness results from anger :The acceptance of sickness is a decision of  the mind. Healing is accomplished the instant the sufferer no longer sees any value in pain. Anger is used to make another person feel guilty..   Usually after you correct, judge, get angry, feel hurt by someone, you'll notice shortly  that you begin to lose your energy, feel depressed or tired. You may  start feeling pain, or you might have an accident., , or next day develop an illness.. Just observe what happens to the human body after you get upset... Of course you can always change your mind, and get well.. Some people take magic (placebo's called medicine),  or whatever the mind accepts for healing...
      Sin is described as merely  absence of love... so thats where changing our negative thoughts about someone, can result in us getting well. In the bible Jesus, would tell people they were forgiven, because he knew they felt guilty for what they thought had done to another, and of course they projected their guilt onto another..  Today instead of calling it sin,  we call it the  Mind/Body effect... Psychotherapists know that its the emotions that make you sick... Jesus just happened to be a good psychotherapist.. He knew the sick need love, and thats what he gave them, and thats why they got well.. He had to use the words, sin etc... because that was the language of the day.. Beelzedad, maybe that will answer your question regarding " sin, and sickness" Now in the Course in Miracles, Jesus teaches,  "Teach your brother he is innocent, and not guilty" Forgive your brother for what he did not do.. Forget his past mistakes and count up all the good he gave, rather then dwelling on all the hurt he caused""

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You aren't advocating that system to heal everything are you? I would whole heartedly agree there are many things our minds can overcome. I beat a chronic form of arthritis down to very occasional bouts by convincing myself it was psychosomatic; but there are many illnesses that won't work on.

I don't think healing the blind was feel good medicine, or possible today; outside of the bounds of science. Do you?

I only know, that a child, that I once knew, had been told , she was going  blind.  She and her parents were all depressed and weeping.. I talked to her, about not having to accept what the doctor had diagnosed! I flowed energy through her eyes. As it turned out, 6 months later, her parents came home, elated, that their daughter's eyes were healed. I did not heal anything, but her mind accepted she was healed... It can't hurt to work to work with a mind-body connection especially when  the diagnosis is terminal along with medical treatments as well.. Some people have  a underlying need for sickness! It depends on their core beliefs and various other factors.. I cannot advocate that system to heal everything..but there has been some amazing cases, that have been documented.. Dr. Bernie Segel, ,Dr. Depak Chropra, and Dr. Wayne Dyer,  are good sources for this information...

19. Jerami profile image59

Good night  Yawl.

20. Martial Artist profile image82
    Martial Artistposted 12 years ago

It is quite sad. A lot of people think they are so holy that they have the authority to judge, unfortunately they don't. That is the problem with religion and that is why churches are empty. It's not the way God and Jesus works. If you ask any of those individuals to show you their Spiritual Gifts they probably won't be able to because they themselves need so much work yet to be done. Rather look for children of God people and see why religion and it's billions of man made institutions is God's biggest enemy, to be be truthful it's religion that crucified the Son of God. We can't judge, only love our neighbors till they themselves find it at the Source. That is Jesus' way

21. Martial Artist profile image82
    Martial Artistposted 12 years ago

And looking at the negative posts on this question I would say a lot of people are not getting the right message from the people that is supposed to be entrusted with it. It is truly a shame.

22. profile image49

They don't realize that Jesus did not die on the Cross; he was neither a god nor a son of god. Jesus did not believe in Trinity.

1. profile image0

paar, I think you've already said that.

LOTS.

1. profile image49

That is a reality; the Christians should realize.

Agreed Paar. Jesus emigrated to India where He set up a local Tandoori/Balti restaurant. Peter was brewing the beer outback.

1. profile image49

Jesus did not take Peter along; I think; Mary was with Him for sure. Mary is buried near Kashmir at a place called Muree near Islamabad, capital of Pakistan.

I visited Mary's grave and prayed for her there. You may also visit, if you like.

Jesus was living like a prince there; every body respected him as messenger prophet of the Creator-God.

I think there would be many a small hotel near Jesus' tomb; if you visit there of course you could eat local Tandoori/Balti at some restaurant nearby.

I could not visit Jesus' tomb; though I would like to visit.

2. profile image0
            Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Outback is ok but I prefer Chili's.

1. profile image49

Chillies you will get in Sirinagar, Kashmir, India where Jesus is buried in a tomb at Mohallah Khanyar, at the age of about 120 years according to one tradition

I had a dog that liked chillis, it just didn't occur to me that it was relevant to the conversation before. smile

1. profile image0

Was it the dog that Obama killed, earnest? wink

2. profile image0
              Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually he died at the age of 37 when he was crucified.

2. profile image0

I agree.  I certainly think that your constant repetition of the fact is going to convince all Christians that Jesus did not die on the cross.  I know I'm convinced now. roll

1. profile image49

Congratulation to accept a reality

1. profile image0

Don't pat yourself on the back too quickly, paar.  I was being sarcastic.  I oddly thought the rolling eyes would have been a clue. wink

23. Woman Of Courage profile image59
    Woman Of Courageposted 12 years ago

I was reading through this thread. It's odd how some people will say another is speaking hate speech because they are uncomfortable about what is shared. If one feel the words is hate speech, feel free to report it to hubpages. I hope everyone is having a great day. smile

1. profile image49
  24. profile image49

brotheryochanan wrote:

If we show love, they say it doesnt exist or they don't recognize it at all.

If we show hate, they quickly jump on board and ridicule for that.

25. profile image49

brotheryochanan wrote:

Sin causes guilt which depletes much of the bodies ability to function normally as Joy increases many systems ability to function normally.

I agree with you

I am a sinful person though; no claim to piety

26. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Ooooh! I love nut bars! hmm

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

unfortunately nut bars will give you gas at some point and then an awful smell if you don't have enough fiber in your tummy.

27. Donna Suthard profile image60
    Donna Suthardposted 12 years ago

It is always good, to try and understand each other with compassion.  If people did not feel hurt or attacked in some way, they would not react in the way they do.. I find its best not to take things personally..defending each other, and truly understanding the other person, no what their beliefs are could result in all parties involved.. Love always is the answer..the past is always gone...

Let me try and type this again... I find its best not to take things personally, defending and truly understanding the other person, no matter what their beliefs are, could result in harmony, for all parties.. The past is always gone..There is good on all sides.. and if you look for it, you will find it..

28. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Hi Jeff

Um I made this post a few weeks ago now,would have to scroll back to see who I was responding too ,definatley not you. wink

Sorry bouts confusion smile

No worries; I kinda figured it had to be to someone else.

Actually Jeff ,your response got me thinking about my post and I remember the events (vaguely).

Mark or Bezzledad had posted something about all the wars and attrocities caused by Christians etc ,basically questioning why Christians like to fight etc.

I know I was answering him. But that post has disappeard ,so it did look like I was talking to you.

It did look crazy lol trust me despite the oppositions opinions Im not wink

29. earnestshub profile image80

Some time back I saw this hub that will give honest readers something to think about. The writer is an American/Australian traveling in the outback when he wrote it.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Crueltys-of … -Testament

I read the above hub Earnest.

The problem I have with informational hubs such as that one ,is that it is unbalanced and overly emotionally in its review.

Judgement and Gods wrath is overly highlighted ,while any LOVING acts are left out.

Not balanced reporting in my opinion.

By the way have you heard of Lee Srobel? (Author)

Hes a known author and ex atheist who decided to investigate Christianity to better able to argue his case to his converted wife.

He changed his mind big time ,and examines the process he went through.

I know nothing of Lee Srobel other than what is in Wikipedia, which I just looked up.

It says he claimed to be a former atheist, but no details about his background is provided.
        smile
        I thought the hub I pointed to made it's arguments well, and as it was not pro religion I see no benefit in him giving the other side of the argument.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh boy earnest,  so confused again but I got the smiley face and now I can even make one too

smile

see

Cool! smile I hope the confusion is not my doing, although I do know I get my words in a tangle at times! lol

2. vector7 profile image60

Well done.

Advertising comes naturally to this one.

smile

30. davidkaluge profile image55
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

About wine, I think it is wrong for anyone to say certainly if Jesus took wine or not after he made. secondly Noah, the only man that survived the flood once got drunk. Thirdly, one of the apostles did take wine. So it is a personal decision. Those that have read my book( check my profile for its details) will agree that I dn't like to hear hate speeches that is one of the reasons I do not listen to some preachers although I came not to be taught by men.Yet few Christains like T.D.Jakes dnt make hate speech

31. davidkaluge profile image55
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

The problem is that most churches do not allow questions while preaching is going on or after it. So members only listen and clap like birds of the same feather. Those that dnt like hate speeches may not clap but they cnt do more than that. secondly, preachers use bible verses to support their claim so questioning them is like questioning the world of God. Generally I think Christains can tolerate better than Muslim e.g people insult Jesus and go unpunished but the world was almost on fire for Danish carton

32. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 12 years ago

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
    16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Those who do follow God's word will know when to answer and when not to answer. But the above is the 'only' reason are given in which we are to be prepared for the question of why we put our 'hope' and revere Christ as Lord. I hope this helps. Blessings!

1. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As you can see, plainly, that some have no respect for other's beliefs, while demanding respect for their own.  What gets me is, the disrespectful ones are convinced that they have the superior morality.

33. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Phoebe, what you said about "ego" is intriguing. I think Beelzedad is an expert at using ego, without really understanding what it is. Clever use of "Einstein" as his facade. Those who "already know" can never be taught anything. That's ego. Ego doesn't care about others.

Perhaps there is plenty wrong with most, if not all Christians. If there is, I would look first to ego. It is an equal opportunity enslaver, and a sly devil, too.

1. kikkki10 profile image60
      kikkki10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

most of us search a way to feel special. Some of us use religion and sacred texts to feel special. It's a lack of love, not received and unable to give. When I asked a catholic priest why he was not sad about taking away the symbol of the holy cross from public offices, as they did some years ago in Italy, he said " I have Jesus in my heart, no need to see it outside of me all the time. If they feel better without the holy cross I can only be sorry for them. If they want to ask about, I'm here to tell my experience." This is Christianity, no need to jump on others if you really believe. If you want to feel special, buy an Armani dress...smile

So, can we assume you too do not know the concepts of debate and discussion?

It's just an avatar, nothing clever about it at all. Members here use all kinds of avatars for their userids. Seems you are compelled to focus on me rather than the argument, perhaps you really should have a look at the concept of debate.

You mean like religious folks who only know one thing and never learn anything outside of it; the bible?

From many of the posts here, we can conclude believers only care about themselves and their salvation as they only do things to further their selfish need to be saved. While, on the other hand, non-believers are consistently talking about mankind and how we can help each other to survive.

Seems you got it backwards. smile

3. profile image0

Thank you, but I think he's doing an excellent job of asking questions and displaying his thoughts on the matter. We may disagree, but it is simply a discussion to me. smile

34. Jerami profile image59

I only have a few minutes then  I regretfully gotta go,

Real Love is just like everything else. It requires a suitable environment to grow and survive.   
      It is very difficult for love to express itself when it is attacked.
      If every time I see my neighbor, or even a family member, that hits me with sticks and stones, or bangs my toes with a hammer, etc. it becomes difficult not placing conditions upon my unconditional Love for that person. Kuiddit I say!

But I guess that we can love a person and still feel the need to avoid them, for survival sake.

It is difficult to love someone that makes every effort to not be loved.

Other than this ..  Yes ... Love is unconditional
       Love is like a beautiful Rose ... its only requirement is nourishment.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a knight girded for battle, though I bend no knee to cross or crown, but defendeth the wretched and defenseless. My God needs no defense, for He is my sword, and He is my helm, but I doth defend the flock from  ravening wolves like Caesars drooling from the pillow covered slabs of the Colloseum. I am beholden to no man. smile

Love is a doing thing, it is never conditional, nor is it delivered with threats as in the bible. Horrible threats at that.
      This is nonsense Jeremi, there is no such love. smile

You can say that you love your neighbor under the condition that he isn't a pheodphile.
          If he turns out to be one, will you still love him even when you are killing him?

Who is talking about loving everyone?
          Certainly not me!
          Love, when given is not conditional.... not the same thing as loving everyone without condition. I leave that sort of rot to the religiously impaired.

The only love a paedophile would receive from me if he/she touched one of my flock is a lump of 4X2 over the head! I don't claim to be a god.

Now that is what I'm talking about, Except here in texas ,   there are about as many bullets as there are 4x2s

I'd love him under the condition that I hear a loud bang to go with it.

Of course love for a child, spouse, or family member isn't conditional. But sometimes expression of that love doesn't always look like love from that other persons view. Depending upon what the circumstances are.

You can not say I used to love somebody,  If you can say I used to,   then you never did really love them.

I agree with ya ....   kinda   sorta   in most circumstances.

2. Jerami profile image59

There is no such thing as an absolute, where the human condition is concerned. Unless you put conditions on it such as the love of a parent for his children.

To say love is unconditional is true only within certain perimeters, such as mentond in example posted above.

35. Levertis Steele profile image76
    Levertis Steeleposted 10 years ago

I once witnessed a father strap his teen son until he was tired. Then the father collapsed and cried for his son. After that experience, the son never stole another car or anything else. The father later explained that he was trying to keep his son out of prison.

A woman's daughter began shamelessly engaging in prostitution in her own neighborhood. The girl had strangers in her mom's house while she was at work. The mom finally bit the bullet and had her daughter committed to a training school.

How many have grown up with parents constantly nagging you about doing the right thing? How many could not wait to grow up, move out, and not have to hear the gab? How many realized years later that parents only wanted the best for you?

If you were driving slowly down the road and saw that a mighty bridge had broken down, and the deep river below was raging, what would you do if you saw a line of cars speeding toward the bridge and all occupants were unaware of the danger? How crazily would you behave to make them stop before they plunged to their deaths? You would jump up and down with all of your might while flailing you arms and screaming "Stop! They think you are nuts and throw you a bone as they barrel ahead only to drop into the surge and drown. You feel awful as you see other cars coming, yet, you repeat the same actions, only this time you are wilder.

I suppose we could call the first two scenarios examples of tough love. Christians are so sure of the Lord that they are willing to fight to help save others who do not believe. They can be outrageous, crazy, stupid, unreasonable, wrong, right, shameless, and many other things; but it is all done because they love you and would do anything, even make you angry, in order to save you. Christians are not perfect. All who profess to be Christians are not. Christians do wrong things like everyone else and cannot perfect the keeping of God's law. They need help, forgiveness, mercy, and grace. Christians are merely sinners on their knees. Non-Christians need not be intimidated by their imperfections.

What is wrong with the Christians? Answer: Everyone thinks that they are suppose to prove themselves by living a perfect life. Impossible. That is why we need a Saviour.

36. SwordofManticorE profile image68
    SwordofManticorEposted 10 years ago

What is it to you if a Christian doesn’t stand up to the integrity of his or her faith and the memory of the words of Jesus. Integrity has nothing to do with our faith, it is trust and hope that keeps us in faith. We are not obligated to prove our faith to anyone, but we are obligated to live as an example of our faith.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You got that right. smile

37. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

What is it with the sudden, pardon the choice of words, resurrection of threads that are two years old?  Pay attention to the warning about having something new to add before you post...

1. SwordofManticorE profile image68
      SwordofManticorEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)