Will all poets of Hubpages post here to be known and followed?

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 349 discussions (554 posts)
  1. Wulf Dreamwalker profile image60
    Wulf Dreamwalkerposted 13 years ago

With Baited Breath

You first stole my heart long before we met
    you then enslaved my longing at first sight
    nightly I await your presence patiently
    with baited breath Knowing we'll be together

You first freed my spirit from the pit
    you then gave life to my romantic side
    nightly I await your presence calmly
    with baited breath knowing that your there

Youfirst loosed my soul to love again
    you then shared with me through the night
    nightly I await your presence longingly
    with baited breathknowing that you're near

You first gave me a reason to snile again
    you then made my eyes glow with delight
    nightly I await your presence joyfully
    with baited breath knowing that you care

You first asked nothing I wont't freely give
    you then offer more then friendship and love
    nightlyI await your presence tirelessly
    with baited breath knowing your beauty is there

You first asked nothing in return of me
    you then cheered this tired old soul
    nightly I await your pesence woefully
    with baited breah knowing I'll see you soon

You first gave me a smile of cheer
    you then offered your heart to me
    nightly I await your presence tearfully
    with baited breath knowing we will soon share

You first warmed my cold life up
    you then made me glow with love
    nightly I await your presence gladly
    with baited brath knowing your the one for me

Youfirst unleashed the romantic side of me
    you then removed the loneliness I once knew
    nightly I await your presence lovingly
    with baited breath knowing our love is true

2. Wulf Dreamwalker profile image60
    Wulf Dreamwalkerposted 13 years ago

I hope that was what you meant if not i am sorry but hope you liked it for more of my works look up Wulf Dreamwaker

3. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

O hai.

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I guess technically I became a poet after my last hub, so I will include myself in your illustrious group.

5. nighthag profile image81
    nighthagposted 13 years ago

I have spent more time on short stories for hub pages but I have posted a few poems to test the waters. All in all hub pages is a great resources for writers of all kinds smile

6. writinginalaska profile image81
    writinginalaskaposted 13 years ago

consider me "posted"  i diffinately write poems and have quite a few on my Hub.  please hop of my hub and have a read.  thank you so much!  lvh

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

As a poet , we will only be known and followed if we do it well, right?

8. eternitydoyle profile image60
    eternitydoyleposted 13 years ago

hey there smile if you're still interested in the poems, i have a few as hubs. have a look at my profile and it would be great if you could comment and tell me what you think :)hope you enjoy it

9. profile image0
    Yess!posted 13 years ago

Ok all- I'm new to this.  I work in progress if you will....

10. acaetnna profile image71
    acaetnnaposted 13 years ago

Well I don't consider myself to be a poet but 4 weeks ago I decided to 'have a go' and fellow hubbers have been so helpful and encouraging. I am gaining in confidence and really enjoying writing poetry.

11. HopefulPoet profile image59
    HopefulPoetposted 13 years ago

Definitely new at this - put my first one up tonight, will do more soon.  Interested in your comments!

12. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

Surfeitt, yes I am a poet, posting on Hubpages. I would be honored to have you read my work, and I will do likewise.

13. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Well this is a thread that is full of new HP poets... so I guess I'm going to do a lot of reading here, so that I can improve my poetry smile

Welcome everyone... Good Luck in your goals.
    I look forward to enjoying the fresh spirits of new words. hmm

14. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I am working my way down the list of poets, and am being inspired.  My latest poem is about the leaves of autumn......

15. Dutch Biggums profile image59
    Dutch Biggumsposted 13 years ago

I write occassionally, mostly just for fun. Many of my poems aren't serious but I did post up a darker poem titled "The Mask" in the spirit of Halloween.

16. ChristinaScibona profile image70
    ChristinaScibonaposted 13 years ago

I have a few published on Hubpages.  Many of them have never seen another set of eyes...only my own.

17. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

I posted a poetry hub under:  "Truths of the Heart".  My other poetry is included in my work: Joy and Simplicity of Being

18. Taylorbaby profile image64
    Taylorbabyposted 13 years ago

Hey everyone.. I am going to start posting here all the time... I post alot of my writing to my facebook notes.. but i think this will give me better exposure to more people

1. Denise Handlon profile image87
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I rarely get any feedback from FB

19. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

alternate poet - banned from the forums but alive and well in the spirit big_smile

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so you did not leave you were banned.... what did you do?????????

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AP was banned for being a 'second' posting in the forums, an open secret as it is in my profile that we are the same person - but it is against the TOS as a 'shouldn't do'.  He got grassed up by a sore loser, religious type of course  big_smile

1. vector7 profile image59
          vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

20. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 13 years ago

I do some every now and then...

21. Joyus Crynoid profile image74
    Joyus Crynoidposted 13 years ago

I'm in!

22. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Wow - so many poets, so little time wink

I haven't been writing as much poetry of late (none since my Three poems for Valentine's Day hub), but many of my earlier hubs were poetry.

Nice to be in such good company!

23. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i wanna be?.....

24. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

oh no that is too bad.. so the rule is you cannot post as two people in same thread, or never, is it a new rule.... I never heard that before.  Some people are the pits, ah well you still writing poetry under the name Alternate Poet.

1. profile image0

Of course smile

How are things with you these days, still happy ?

25. Gypsy Willow profile image64
    Gypsy Willowposted 13 years ago

I'm in!

26. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Happy when was that, i must have missed it.....

I tell you this recession is taking it's toll, it is really bad, and getting worse.  It is making bullies out of a lot of people in the work place.  It's interesting to sit back and watch people, that measure their happiness by the amount of money they have, as their world is changing.

I am so into crafts, and am teaching kids crafts, and adults card making, and basically just playing around a lot.  I live near the beach, and go walking sometimes along there.  My dad is sick, and i travel back to England quite a lot, to share his care with my sister.  I find that unsettling, as there is a lot i miss about the U.K. er what else can i tell you. 

Oh yeah i watched the Young Chinese girls fall in the finals of the gymnatics.  They were going for gold and silver medals in the parralel bars and both of them fell.  They were so young, and tearful, and i felt so sorry for them, as no one went near them to console them.  The British girl then won the gold medal.  Poor things, i so felt sorry for them

1. profile image0

Yep - that so called 'recession' has been going on a long time now.  I was in the UK in June and it was a pretty depressing place in many ways.  I can't help but compare it with China whre everyoneis busy with tehir lives, anyone with any spare anything seems to be happy enough, even the beggars are having a hard time looking professionally miserable.

Any creative thing is good to do I find, something about it is 'upliflifting'.

I missed the gymnastics as I don't watch tv - the Chinese are so focussed on success that falling at the last post is not unusual, but don't worry - their isolation on tv is about 'face' (hard to explain) but it would not have lasted long, in private they are really supportive and would be talking 'next time' before the tears stopped smile

1. Joy56 profile image67

Yeah they sure are focused, but unfortunately, they seemed to be tired.  I live as you probably know in Ireland, which is extremely different in every way culturally from the U.k.  No free health service here far from it....

Do the chinese tend to push the kids to achieve....  or is it just the impression i got from the way the gymnasts performed.   They were so young, to be brilliant......  they must practice from a very young age, and be so motivated.

1. profile image0

I guess they get the chance to live it - there are Universties for it here, University courses for everything really, my last school had a modelling major !    Even pop musicians graduate in music big_smile

I thought for some reason you were in the US - via Manchester.  Where in Ireland ?

1. Joy56 profile image67

I live quite near to Dublin.  It is a very quiet place.  Dublin is busy of course, but i do not go into Dublin very often.  I have lived here 13 years now.  My husband is the one that has the irish blood in him..... I have none.  Irealand has changed so much in the last few years.  They managed to remain extremely "irish"... now there are people living here from all over the world, especially Africa.  The changes have come about too quickly really, and the Irish, were not really for it.

1. profile image0

I often went through Dublin because I was working in Northern Ireland and lived in Wales.

At that time it was changing and had a brief success as the Irish Tiger economy - but that seemed to turn into a pussy cat in the end.  All it did was push the price of Guiness through the roof !

This school sends Chinese students to Cork among other places around the world. 

The whole idea of allowing huge migrations of people from their own place and culture seems to be backfiring in many ways.  I tell my students that their best course is to get the western education and experience then come back home !

1. Sab Oh profile image56
                Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or maybe they can decide for themselves what to do with their lives?

1. profile image0

Wow - welcome back Sab!  I guess those other sock incarnations of yours can all go back to their boxes for a while big_smile

I won't lie and say that I have missed you, but I did find that I had a certain fondness for your one line pointless comments after you were gone.  How have you been, are you well and happy ?

27. aware profile image65
    awareposted 13 years ago

words are suppose to be poetry.i try to do what im suppose to do.

1. Joy56 profile image67

what are you supposed to do, Aware?

28. aware profile image65
    awareposted 13 years ago

Write poetry of course . joy. check some of my stuff out  any feed back would be great.

1. Joy56 profile image67

i have been readng some of your work, and enjoying it, thanks

2. Sab Oh profile image56

"Shipwrecked Clouds" was nice

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He does not lie

Hi sweet pea

I rap, thyme, ring sing and in time, bring a message maybe gangster style, but love how it sings just by taking awhile

Then poetry I ink whenever I can
      If you do believe when I say I am a fan
      Middle school style
      Delivered maybe pinch wild
      But ever word
      You'll have heard
      As pain is my tool
      A gift not for any fool
      Should I make sense from my pen
      Now is cool and my ink too must be then

Sorry what was the question?
      Cause my lyrics are testing
      Somebody I need some help over here
      My snare keeps hiding the beat so near
      Recording again now  our 3rd full day
      I'm done reciting this the same wrong way
      Out, I'm gone
      Call when there's a song

fools.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3992201.jpg

29. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

aw fancy that, i like Wales a lot..... How old are your students.

1. profile image0

My students range from 20 to 23 usually.

I have to say I really tried with Wales but found it suffocating, backward and racist in the extreme.  I learned to hate the place despite my natural optimism in life.

1. Joy56 profile image67

oh yeah the people that is different..... the crafts are great though.... hard to be accepted here to, so i have just given up, don't want to be anymore, why keep banging your head against a brick wall, it is so nice when you stop...

30. profile image0
    Vari786posted 13 years ago

I've got a few poems on my profile.

31. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

I have a few poems as well!  Search my hubs for 'poems'if you like big_smile

32. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

We all decide what we do with out lives, some things we regret others, we are glad about.... How about you Sab Oh..

Regret is a waste of time, and 'advice' is often just a reflection of someone else's bias.

1. Joy56 profile image67

true you are right, no point having regrets at all.

33. leni sands profile image69
    leni sandsposted 13 years ago

Am I a poet, I don't really know, I love poetry and I write poetry among other things.

34. dasamerman profile image63
    dasamermanposted 13 years ago

I've got a few. Count me in.

I liked 'What Hubble Doesn't See'

35. littlesecret13 profile image70
    littlesecret13posted 13 years ago

I've posted a few poems and I definately have a lot more to post, so tell me what you think! I always enjoy feedback!

36. Stan Fletcher profile image60
    Stan Fletcherposted 13 years ago

Cool!!!!  I've written a few.........

37. greengypsywolf1 profile image61
    greengypsywolf1posted 13 years ago

I have quite a few poems I have posted up and a couple of short stories.
    There's alot of informative hubs on airsoft, but that will most likely be of little interest to a poetry fan (except the one airsoft poem )smile

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No hub poems as yet, but I might do some. All good writers, wrapped within their protective prose, and listening cafefully before the morning sun casts light upon the unknown day, dream in paragraphs and stanzas, formed by the inner eye and forever held where no one else may see.

2. aware profile image65
      awareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Info poetry Advertising via creative writing. I think its a great thing

38. leni sands profile image69

I have just spent a most wonderful few hours this evening reading the poems of so many talented poets.  I can now go to bed and sleep peacefully knowing that this world is a much better place because of these amazing poets.  Thank you for this topic.

39. Maria Cecilia profile image83
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

I really don't consider myself a poet... but when I started writing, I started with a poem, and became poem writer way back highschool. I will make a hub about it soon hope you can find me. thanks for this

40. profile image55
    tlmntim9posted 13 years ago

Hello, I have many poems and short stories posted under tlmntim9.
    T hope to hear from you.
    Tim Wilkinson

41. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 13 years ago

Probably posted before but again for good measure.

42. leni sands profile image69

I am enjoying looking through everyones poetry from their links on here and following...

43. leni sands profile image69

I am about half way through I think...

44. michael ely profile image71
    michael elyposted 13 years ago

I have just joined recently and have put on a few nonsense type poems so far.

45. drbj profile image78
    drbjposted 13 years ago

Most of my poems have been written and posted as comments in response to genuine poetry hubs written by a genuine poet, Epigramman.

46. saddlerider1 profile image57
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

I have a few poems that may be of interest to some of you. Short stories and poems are my preferences.

47. rosariosblog profile image60
    rosariosblogposted 13 years ago

A good poem has a story and preferably rhymes in it.  I love poetry for its elegance and wit.

Please let me know what you think of my poem.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Poetry-Pain-of-letting-you-go

1. Stories Inc. profile image64
      Stories Inc.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like it. But if it's based on truth and you wrote it in emotional distress, you sure kept your head cool enough to make it rhyme too, so well done.

1. rosariosblog profile image60
        rosariosblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Stories Inc. 
        I was far from being emotionally distressed at the time of my writing it.  I did write it from memory.

48. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

There are literally hundreds of poets on HubPages. I don't consider myself a poet, but have written a few. wink There are a lot of great writers on HubPages. smile

49. neeleshkulkarni profile image41
    neeleshkulkarniposted 13 years ago

man you have taken upon yourself someeee job!!!!!

i write poetry in marathi which is a regional language in india and often translate it into other languages.have been published a couple of times over the last 15 years.

i write rhymes and limericks in english too and have recently published some in a hub here.will post some translations of my serious poetry soon though how much the flavour will carry through translation i cannot say.

50. Stories Inc. profile image64
    Stories Inc.posted 13 years ago

I just posted a poem too, yesterday or so, but I haven't gotten any reactions yet. Because it's so new, I can't really judge it myself either. Please let me know what you think smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)