JUST REACHED ONE MILLION VIEWS

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (69 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image33
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

This is from starting with two Hubs in May, 2013, and building up to 54 Hubs.  Actually, I reached one million views on October 1st but, like so many others have reported, every subsequent stats update from then deducted numbers from my total views.  I reached this milestone again on Monday.  I guess the total view numbers will stick this time because I got the accolade.  Hooray!

1. drpennypincher profile image87
      drpennypincherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Impressive! You obviously know how to be successful at this.

2. CrisSp profile image73
      CrisSpposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm inspired! Congratulations! smile

3. FlourishAnyway profile image96
      FlourishAnywayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What an incredible achievement!  Happy dance for the fox!

4. Nancy Hardin profile image59
      Nancy Hardinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox, Congratulations on your great achievement! It's inspiring to know that it's possible to reach such a milestone. Thanks for sharing this, and have a great day! (smile)

5. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox . . .Congratulaions to you. I believe that you deserve a huge pat on the back for this major accomplishment. I am proud of you too.
      Please remain humble and remember folks at the botttom, ME, as you continue to excell at HP.

"My selfish just hit a hundred likes . . .AHHH HUUNNNDREED!"

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

This does not surprise me, and certainly is well deserved.  What does surprise me is that you were able to accomplish this in the midst of the crisis that has affected so many here and has virtually ruined so many other good writers.

You obviously know what you are doing here, and frankly, I am happy to see that someone is succeeding in the light of the hit HP and many here, including me, have taken.

Oh, if only I knew what you know! 

Big, Big congratulations and hugs and best wishes for continued success.

7. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wowzers, Writer Fox, how amazing and wonderful for you!  We can all learn a lot from you.  Blessings always

8. Anne Harrison profile image93
      Anne Harrisonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all. Not only a million views, but everything you write is so worth reading reading, from your hubs to your answers and support in the forums. Good luck with the next million!

9. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Writer Fox!

10. CWanamaker profile image93
      CWanamakerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome! Be proud of your acheivement becuase everyone know how hard it is to get one million views!  Keep it up.

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 9 years ago

I am so happy for you Writer Fox. You are one of the best writers on HubPages and very helpful to us all.

3. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Well deserved, Writer Fox. smile

4. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

Deserved, fully. Thanks for all the help and sound advice you give to each and every hubber in need of a local guide.

5. Spletni Delavec profile image58
    Spletni Delavecposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Well done, keep it up.

6. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

Add my congratulations, Writer Fox! That is remarkable!

7. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  Awesome achievement in a short period of time.  Will be 2 million before you know it.

8. VioletteRose profile image83
    VioletteRoseposted 9 years ago

Congrats!!

9. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Writer Fox! That is very impressive in a short amount of time.

10. Writer Fox profile image33

Thank you sweet Bobbi (BobbiPurvis44), Australia's own LongTimeMother, Andrew (the UK's favorite Chef-de-Jour), Spletni Delavec, Florida's mega-mom Shades-of-Truth, CMHypno, my favorite Iowan DrPennyPincher, a rose from India VioletteRose (I get tons of traffic from India!), and Shasta (great avatar Hubber MillionaireTips).

11. SusanDeppner profile image75
    SusanDeppnerposted 9 years ago

Awesome milestone, Writer Fox! Congratulations!

12. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Well deserved!

13. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

Congratulations WF. It's strange how the stats went negative for a while, but at least you got it back and the accolade too. In only two years, that's a great achievement.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

14. Writer Fox profile image33

Thank you Ozark's SusanDeppner, and India's political scientist ChitrangadaSharan.

@Glenn Stok: It's actually been one year and five months since the total views count was started with two Hubs. I reached 100,000 views last October 30th with 35 Hubs.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You increased 10 fold in only a year. That is certainly a feat of strength here and 1,000,000 does make one's eyes pop out in awe!

Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're my hero. big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How kind! I shall try to live up to that. Meanwhile, humbled by your words.

15. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I'm so happy for you WriterFox.
    Congratulations on the 1M milestone.

Thank you so much for commenting, Susie!  I miss hearing from you.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox
        A richly deserved accolade and a very impressive one too.   I agree with everyone who has said - how helpful you are - it is appreciated, thank you.
        Sally

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, I have bragging rights now too. Last evening I reached a milestone with 100 Forum Posts. That's just comments, because I have not started a thread myself. Maybe I should have shouted my milestone from the roof tops. wink 

I agree with @sallybea that you are very helpful on forums, thank you. smile

16. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

The only good news on hub pages after the Google Panda etc.Well done Writer Fox. You deserve it. Congrats, good luck for the next milestone and thanks for the help.

17. dwelburn profile image92
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

Congratulations on reaching the million Writer Fox. Excellent achievement.

18. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

That's awesome, Writer Fox! Congratulations on the great achievement!

19. profile image0
    Manasi4posted 9 years ago

That is so cool. I am just getting started with Hubpages and I have a lot to learn from you

20. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

You deserve your accolade for your due diligence and helpful attitude Writer Fox. We are all benefactors of your knowledge, especially from your hubs on SEO and other topics to help our traffic. Cheers.

21. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 9 years ago

Rockin' the House!

22. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 9 years ago

That's wonderful news Writer Fox! I hope I can reach that milestone one day!
    Keep up the good work and helpful advice. big_smile

23. Dressage Husband profile image67
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

That really is quite the achievement and says something about the quality of your work. This is especially the case as you have done it with quite a small number of hubs.

24. KarinaKate profile image60
    KarinaKateposted 9 years ago

This is truly such an amazing achievement...and in such a short time. Congratulations!

25. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

You obviously practice your well given advice.  A huge congrats to you!  A stellar achievement. smile

26. Buildreps profile image85
    Buildrepsposted 9 years ago

Tremendous result, Writer Fox! Imagine 1 million people in a row! All reading your great Hubs smile

27. SusanSaies profile image61
    SusanSaiesposted 9 years ago

I'm in awe! Here's hoping you'll reach 2 million someday....

28. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

Congratulations, Writer Fox.
    Have your numbers caught up to where they should be? Mine went down 7000 the other day and then started moving ahead normally; those lost views were never replaced.
    I saw you mention the EC on another thread today but did not have a chance to answer. I have quite a few of those but cannot give you a clear indication of how they are doing. Some of my best performers are EC, as are some of the slowest.
    I would prefer that my newest hubs NOT enter the EC program, but if I do so my older hubs that are performing so well will also have to leave the program. What do you suggest?

29. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Very well done!

30. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

What an achievement Writer Fox. It is very encouraging for many of us. Congratulations!

31. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

A hearty congratulations Fox - this is awesome!

32. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! You've reached a great goal! Most writers don't reach it until several years here.

33. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Yeeeeaaaay! That's great news, Writer Fox. Congratulations on the ultimate milestone. Wow!

34. Glenda Motsavage profile image69
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

WOW... a million views!  That's a mammoth, mind-blowing miracle for a newbie like me!  Colossal Congratulations, Writer Fox!  What's your next goal?

35. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

congrats! definitely an awesome milestone.

36. CatherineGiordano profile image76
    CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years ago

Congrats. It's a great achievement.

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My sincere congratulations!

37. Ruby H Rose profile image60
    Ruby H Roseposted 9 years ago

Good news congrats

38. Maggie.L profile image83
    Maggie.Lposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Writer Fox. What an accolade...and well deserved too. The amount of help you give others, both on the forums and in answering questions posted in the comments section of your renowned SEO tips hub is incredibly helpful to other hubbers.

39. Erin Mellor profile image63
    Erin Mellorposted 9 years ago

Woot! I'd still be doing a victory dace if I hit 1M. Well done.

40. Chauncey St Clair profile image59
    Chauncey St Clairposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  That's something to share!!!

41. Writer Fox profile image33

Thank you for the compliments Sally, Paradigm, Sanjay, David (Dwelburn), Alicia, CrisSp, Manasi, Audrey (Brake12), Billie, Stacie, Flourish, Stephen (DressageHusband), Nancy, Karina, Susie (Colorfulone), Rebekha, Kenneth,  Mario (Buildreps), Susan, TimeTraveler2 (מועדים לשמחה), Thelma, Aesta1, Phyllis, Theresa (FaithReaper), Barbara, Jan, Glenda, Tanya (Arachnea), Kathryn, Rubie, Maggie, Erin, and Chauncy. 

I hope to read your latest Hubs soon.  (I'm in the final week of a national three-week holiday time and have been a little busy having a great time.)

@ Pattyinglishms: Kudos are in order for you because I know you hit 10 million views in January, 2012, and I can only imagine how many views you have now!

@ DrMark1961: I lost 'Total Views Ever' as well, and they were never added back – about 15,000!  Here's the explanation I got from HP: http://goo.gl/liFXIJ   When I was nearing the million-view mark, it was rather like chasing a moving target. Of course, my main concern is that the ad impressions are accurate. As for EC Hubs, I opted out.  Unfortunately you can't pick and choose which Hubs you want to be eligible because it's an all-or-nothing option. If you don't want your new Hubs in the program, you'll need to bite the bullet and opt out now. Your present EC's will have their URLs changed back to your subdomain (which can happen anyway!).  It's been more than a year for the EC experiment and changes in site navigation and I haven't seen any specific statistics provided by HP on traffic numbers.  I just presume that if the statistics were good, that they would be forthcoming.

42. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

Writer Fox Congrats! 
    You know I am a fan of your writing, after so many views it says something about your writing. 
      Thanks for taking the time to read this or any fan mail you receive because I know you get a lot of it.

43. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 9 years ago

Well done.... it's a shame it's not $1/view isn't it smile
    Or even $0.10 smile
    You'd be minted!

44. susi10 profile image95
    susi10posted 9 years ago

Wow!
    That is a mind-boggling, out of this world achievement! You are one of my heroes, especially in SEO. You're probably the most educated person here on SEO, and it really shows. wink
    I commend you for your dedication to writing such great hubs, and for helping us all out in the forums. Thank you.
    One million...that must be such a good feeling. smile

45. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

Thanks for that reply, Writer Fox. I read the link but am still upset at those lost numbers. The income did not seem to be affected, but as you well know we all have different reasons for being here.
    As far as the EC hubs go, I guess there is no time like the present. My page views are down a little already so I went ahead and opted out now so that my veterinary medical hubs would go back to my subdomain and not be lost in the HP domain.
    Anyway, congrats again and thanks for your great advice!

46. Writer Fox profile image33

Thank you Rebecca (Firstday), Anne, Earner, Ologsinquito2 (and 1), Snakeslane, Susi and CWanamaker.

@Ologsinquito: Congrats on your twin subdomain. I'll notice that #2 from now on.

@Earner: Of course you can make 10¢ a view here.  All you need is just a CPM of about $1,700. cool

@Dr. Mark: Thanks again, and I think you made the right decision.  By the way, I need to ask you something.  Are you a native English speaker?  If you are, would you please go here are correct my comment about you:
    http://buildreps.hubpages.com/question/ … #rc_175037

(I can't comment there again because my answer was already chosen as the best answer.)

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I always get nervous when an Englishman like chef-de-jour reads something I have written. He must see hundreds of grammatical errors that look okay to me.

Does that mean that English is not your native language?

2. TDowling profile image60
      TDowlingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I add my voice to the chorus singing: Congratulations Writer Fox!

Thank you, Thomas.  I'm off to read another one of your great Hubs on history.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)