My real name is...

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (107 posts)
  1. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

That is, if you're not ashamed of your hubs or on the run from God knows what! big_smile Mine is:
    Cris Advincula

1. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cris,

If that IS your real name! big_smile

Im NOT ashanmed of my hubs OR on the run!

regards.

Comp;)

Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is my real name and  I won't force you to reveal yours. Besides you have already obliged to my request on the profile pic (remember the 'let's jazz up our pics for Christmas'?) big_smile

Hey Cris,

You can force me if you like!smile

My new image is a real cracker and extreamly  jolly! how Christmassy is that! wink

Okay I'm forcing you! big_smile

2. HelpingGuy profile image59
    HelpingGuyposted 15 years ago

Nice thread Cris ... cool

I hope you're not being sarcastic! LOL big_smile  I'm starting to wonder why on earth did I start this knowing how painstakingly most people tried to come up with aliases for very obvious reasons that I must admit I am aware of? I hope this does not make me look stupid! Or should I start pleading temporary loss of sanity big_smile  So should I take that you wouldn't share yours?  LOL

3. rockinjoe profile image90
    rockinjoeposted 15 years ago

You won't get mine, but I'm on the run...smile

well you look it! (just to get even! LOL big_smile)

4. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Dorsi Diaz  (and not after the latimmus dorsi muscle Mr. Mark Knowles!!) lol.............

that's my girl right there! Now i don't feel like the stupid schmuck i felt an hour ago or so! Thanks Dorsi (NOT the muscle!) big_smile

5. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

My real name is.... wait for it.... Maddie Ruud!  My full first name is Madeleine, but nobody cares to pronounce it correctly (the French way).  Actually, people have a hard time with the last name too.  Nobody wants to say "rude" for fear of being so.

6. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

My real name is Julianna Annette Evans so my name on hubpages is my middle and last name. smile

7. Cris A profile image60

Maddie, i wouldn't have guessed your name in a million years! Specially your first name! LOL Should I say it like they say Madeline in that cartoon series (Ma-de-LINE as in a straight line)?

Thanks, Julianna big_smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, they say it that way to make it rhyme with "two straight lines."  Mine is pronounced, roughly, mad-LEN.

Maybe people are just confused by the French first name and Norwegian last name.

8. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 15 years ago

My name is, surprise surprise, 'Amanda Severn' Really truly, would I make up a name like that? Friends like to call me Mandy, and it was once suggested to me that I change my name to Mandy Lifeboats, but I managed to resist!

9. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

Surprise surprise again! Shalini Kagal!

Mandy and Juilanna - nice! smile

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

I think this is a very legitimate and interesting question. There seem to be four general categories of hubbers:
    1. The convicted felons or chronically shy -- user name and avatar give no clue to their real identity. Hmmm. What are they hiding?
    Examples: Spryte, Shadesbreath
    2. The recently parolled -- their name is identifiable (in case their PA needs to find them) but they employ an avatar that hides their actual features. I mean, why should the rest of HP know they recently got out of the slammer:-)? Examples: William F. Torpey, Christoph Reilly, Shalini Kagal
    3. The probation set -- These hubbers are self-confident enough to show their true faces to the rest of the hubber world. But they employ a clever user name because they're just ust to being, uh, shady. Examples: Gamergirl, Gwendymom, MistyHorizon, Countrywomen, Goldentoad, Sixtyorso, Oh, and me:-)!
    4. The upright HP citizens -- These hubbers have nothing whatsoever to hide. They are proud of their hubs, have clean records and don't care who knows their true identities. Many examples here include Maddie Ruud, Dorsi, PGrundy (who I believe is off parole now as she changed her avatar from an baby pic of herself to a current pic), Eric Graudins, etc. etc.

Again, thanks for bringing this social stratification issue to light. MM

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ROTFL......
      I'm an upstanding hubber...hehehehe.......you might think twice about that when you read my book chapter about my bad girl syndrome.............

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image57
      ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Might Mum If you do an hub in this vein it will really be fun. Add a bit more titles and stick hubbers who best connect with the title. Just an idea Mighty Mum. Hope you give it a thought. smile

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

MightyMom- Thank God I was spared from being a convicted felon (but feel sad for Shades/Spryte). Btw what is this double meaning body parts hubs floating around these days? Is the recession causing us to bare our soul (or rather body) so much big_smile

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image57
          ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Miss CW
          I got a shock yesterday i think when i got a mail saying Miss Cindy had published a hub titled I want to show my ******....
          Damn was i badly disappointed. Really cracked me up. You know the way she writes. and today something about titties. Got to go over and have a look. (Fingers tightly crossed)

3. Just_Rodney profile image67
      Just_Rodneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Firstly Rodney Fagan, no not of Dickens's Oliver twist, although I have been known to lift an occasional piece of silver or ash trays, seriously, I am the type of person who is a plain and simple just.me.

Mighty Mom They could also be sneaking around on the Witness Protection Program, examples Constantwalker, Paraglider and our favourite Jericho. big_smile big_smile roll I think Sixtyorso could also be on the WPP list.

11. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

MM!!!! now how on earth did you guess?? *rolls eyes and wonders* big_smile

12. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Shalini -- You are in good company, my dear:-)!

13. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Cris, If i told you, you would never believe me! smile

I would I promise! big_smile

Arnold Schwarzenegger smile

So I guess the explains the cat and the fellar on your pic then? Try again big_smile

Im just messing with you! as if you cant tell! lol..

comp smile

I've had it with you miss! So I settled for being your fan and left you a fan mail! big_smile

Settled, thanks and ditto! big_smile

2. quicksand profile image81
          quicksandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Arnie! Good lord, all these days I used to think you were actually Compuzenschaft Smartenovich Zagainov-Martinez. I would never have guessed! lol

lmao! thats quite a mouthful, and what a coincidence if it WAS that name!! lol

smile

14. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Anyone who's ever read my profile knows my name is Rae. 

What I think would be a lot more telling than real names is real pictures.  I think a lot of Hub authors would be shocked to find out how many women on this site are really men, i.e. all those "ladies" from India who do nothing but post Hubs of pictures filtched from Bollywood sites.

Okay, that clarifies things.  I thought something was amiss. Thanks for sharing.big_smile

compu-smart: i'm waiting big_smile

2. rockinjoe profile image90
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

you mean there is dishonesty on the internet? hmm

15. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

My real name is Charlotte - and yes, the picture I use really is me! big_smile

16. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 15 years ago

I go by my real name archiebald montgomery cliffton charles not much these days.
    So I go for Wayne Tully as it sounds like my real name when I was born!

You lost me there. Why is that?

compu smart: i'm still waiting... big_smile

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well you see Archiebald....I'm just jerking the chains boyo
        I only have one name and that is buffalo bill.

LOL @ myself! Sheesh, i'm kinda slow today big_smile

17. gwendymom profile image68
    gwendymomposted 15 years ago

MM, how did you know? btw, it's actually parole, I've done my time now and even got out early on good behavior. So I shall spend some time being good and keeping my nose clean and stuff like that, for awhile, at least the next year or two. But I will probably revert back to my normal bad behavior, because it's just so much fun.

18. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

Do you really want to know?

Yes yes yes big_smile

1. Princessa profile image81
        Princessaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Let's say I was a friend of Peter Pan
        http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/lockleardj/Valentine-Tinkerbell-hearts1.jpg

You got me there, Tinkerbell! Nice big_smile

19. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

MM: You've got me all wrong. Christoph Reilly isn't my name at all. It's Poindexter Heisenpopper. That's German. Ya Voll, fraulien!

1. quicksand profile image81
      quicksandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sehr angenehm Ihnen kennenzulernen! lol lol lol

20. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

My Name is Drum Roll.............James Harrison Paterson and I am a Hubbaholic....oops wrong thread lol.....jimmy

21. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

No alias here.

...but, I just may be one of those men posing as a woman...hm...

22. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

I discovered (after I signed up) that your username will be all over the place lol  My real name is Michelle Simtoco big_smile But I guess ripplemaker is ok too! smile

23. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 15 years ago

My first name is Dark and my surname is Side.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just kidding.

My first name is Glen.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like you even better now. My firstborn is named Glenn-- and he insists on both of this n's.

24. mdvaldosta profile image59
    mdvaldostaposted 15 years ago

Joe Hayes - nice to meet everyone!

25. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Mine is also a French first name-- though I'm not really sure how the French pronounce it, beause no one in our family is French.
    I say "Row-shell".  My mom wanted to call me Shelly, but thought that sounded like a nickname.  A neighbor, couldn't get the hang of Shelly and called me Shella-- and that's the one that stuck.
    I was always Rochelle in school and real life-- Shella in the family.
    No felonies (so far).

26. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I am an introvert and work with public, so I do not feel comfortable putting my name online.  If I publish a book one day that may change, but for now I do not need any more stalkers to google my every move.  It happened a few times and I would never want to compromise myself again.  I share my name with people I talk to on the email, but in most cases they are level headed people smile.

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am glad you consider me level headed and haven't disclosed my name too. Btw let me congratulate you in advance for the upcoming book which I hope would become a No.1 Best seller. Yes even I feel once we know a person well then we can communicate by emails but until then privacy should be protected.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I totally understand that... and I think more women are conscious of this.  Since I have a book published in my name, I figure I might as well use it.  My picture is real-- sort of. Has a 'drawing' overlay  and shadows which works better than antiaging cream for hiding wrinkles.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like your picture and it is very classy smile.

27. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 15 years ago

I am Dineane. Maybe I should write a hub about my name. You'll find me quickly in a google search, although in the last couple of years I have noticed a few other people showing up with that name. I don't think my maiden name (Smith) is on the internet, but I'm out there as "Buttram" and now "Whitaker".

28. KT pdx profile image67
    KT pdxposted 15 years ago

My real name's Karen Thompson.  I mostly go by my initials on the internet, though.  I did in school as well, because there was another classmate with a similar sounding name but different initials.

29. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

If you scan through my 149 hubs, Mighty Mom, you'll find my parole is up and a photo of yours truly appears on two of my hubs. Bing Crosby's postage stamp appears as my avatar for the obvious reason that he is far better looking than I -- and a whole lot more talented. If Bing's image prompts anybody to listen to at least one of his songs (besides "White Christmas") or one of his movies (besides "Going My Way") then I'll be a very happy jailbird.

30. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 15 years ago

My real name has been on my profile page, for a while now. But today, I finally put my face on there.

Now that didn't take much, did it? The face behind the name! big_smile Nice to meet you big_smile

1. rmr profile image68
        rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It took more than you would think! Nice to meet you, too!

1. agvulpes profile image85
          agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Robert my name is Peter nice to meet you! cool

1. rmr profile image68

Ah, but we have met, Peter. My other name is B.T.!  Nice to see you, none the less.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image72
              Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

See now, I was talking in code before so you didn't have to blow your cover.

2. agvulpes profile image85

You actually only met my alter-ego Ag, who I might add is over sulking behind Chi Chi's door . I'm the poor smuck who has to do all the typing and only allowed out every Halloween to scare the kids away! cool

2. Shirley Anderson profile image72

OMG!  I almost went right by this post, didn't realize it was you until the rmr caught my eye.  Nice to put a face to the dragons and you know - their friend!

I feel like I'm talking to somebody new.

1. agvulpes profile image85

Yeah, like I'm having a conversation with a Christmas Tree. "Hi Mr.Tree what is Santa bringing you for Christmas" tongue

Smarty-pants!  This is just festive Shirley.  My pic will go back up after the holidays.  If I ever get someone to take a current pic of me, I'll replace it.  The one I've been using is almost 2 years old.  Time and the wrinkle faerie have been around since then.

But I might add Shirley, it is a beeaautiful Christmas Tree. cool

Aww gosh, thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you often talk to trees?  You a tree hugger type?

I just have the idea that might do the trick! Why dontcha incorporate your pic somewhere in your current pic! Like instead of a star, you can have your pretty smiling face up there! Besides, it's befitting of a star hubber big_smile

Aren't you just the sweetest thing ever!

Pull a Compu-Smart....not sure if I can do that, but just maybe I can.  I'll work on that tomorrow.  Thx for the idea, Cris.  I just figured everybody knew what I look like.

2. rmr profile image68

Well thanks for noticing! That pic, was just taken today. Ironically, it was taken in Hell, which is frozen over at the moment.

Hey!  A lot of things will happen now!  You know, all those things over the years that people said would only happen when Hell freezes over?  Oh, goody!

31. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

By the way, my real name's Shirley.  Shirley Anderson (nee Bates)

32. Benson Yeung profile image66
    Benson Yeungposted 15 years ago

My real name is Benson Kwok Fai Yeung. I once used the pen name Walt McCarthy, a nice guy I know of living in Chicago. Why did I do it? I guess I didn't want my English and American readers to get distracted by my race and heritage. After a while, I thought putting my real name down will make me write more responsibly. I had to write slower though. Does it mean anything to any fellow hubbers reading this?

Walt McCarthy on Helium?

1. Benson Yeung profile image66
        Benson Yeungposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My dear Shirley,
        it warms my heart to know that Walt McCarthy does get read.
        Yes, that's me. My apologies to the real Walt McCarthy, in case he is also on hubpages.

2. Cris A profile image60

Good thing you realized that race or color or creed have nothing to do with good literature. A good reading is a good reading. I think using your real name, considering the reasons why you did not use it the first time, only means you have more confidence in and respect to your writing. And they say what you give, you get back. Respect begets respect.

PS I don't have anything against those who refuse to use/give their names. I respect their reasons for standing by their decision not to. To each his own. (I think I'm running out of cliches to dish out!) LOL big_smile

33. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Yes, but they were good cliches, Cris!

I am a big Benson fan, I always really enjoy his hubs and he's a lot of fun and a sweetie.  I don't know where he finds the time and energy to write after performing surgeries all day.

Listen to me, talking about Benson like he's not here.  Sorry, Benson!

1. Benson Yeung profile image66
      Benson Yeungposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Shirley,
      thanks for the kind words. I was out saving the world's economy (dropping my kids at McDonald's and my wife at a jewellery exhibition). By now I should be at least hundreds of HK dollars poorer, if not tens of thousands. So I write to soothe the pain and hope it doesn't show in between the lines. So they were right in saying that writing is therapeutic. Glad that someone likes it.

34. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

I'm not sure where I fit into Mighty Mom's scheme of things. While it is true that Crash Cromwell is not the name my mom and dad gave me, it was an important part of my image in college. It was the air name I used in my radio show "Crash's Clambake." Many people didn't realize that James Henry, editor of the college newspaper, was Crash Cromwell, the insane radio guy, and there are people to this day who still call me Crash or Mr. Cromwell.

Then there's the issue of my picture. The picture I use is about 10 years old, and my wife tells me I should change it because I don't look like that any more....gained weight, lost the glasses, no goatee. I use it, though, because I think it's the best picture ever taken of me. Plus, the eye doctor tells me that one of these days I'll probably need glasses again due to advancing age, I could grow the goatee back pretty easily, and I'm losing weight like a banshee, since finding out I have Type II diabetes. My goal is to be off insulin by spring, and I've lost 30 pounds, so I'm well on my way there! So maybe that picture will wind up looking pretty accurate!

Jim Henry, aka Crashcromwell.......

35. imadork profile image70
    imadorkposted 15 years ago

My name is Legion, for we are many.

36. Pam Roberson profile image67
    Pam Robersonposted 15 years ago

First I have to LOL at MM! That was a great post. smile

I must admit that it was terribly difficult coming up with the alias of Pam Roberson, and I suppose this is the right time to reveal my real name...ChiChi Chamois. wink

I'm joking, kinda, ok...my real name is Pam Roberson, and the only problem I have with using my real name is that I'm finding myself wanting to share more personal things in hubs and comments, but I can't. It wouldn't be right to expose certain personal things that involve other people, like my family, and current situations for the whole world to see. I have been sharing a great deal already, but I also feel a responsibility to not share more sensitive things. So I see the real value in also having an alias, and I'm in the process of figuring out who or what that will be. smile

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

After a recent hub that I published, the title of "Mrs. Evil-Tightpants" could very well be open. Use it in good health!

1. imadork profile image70
        imadorkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What a coincidence!  My real name is Cha Cha ShamWow!  I'm from Germany.  We make good stuff in Germany!

Just kidding about that.  My name is Janet... Ms. Jackson if you're nasty!

2. Ardie profile image79
      Ardieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pam
      I didnt use my real name for the reason you are going to make an alias.  Sometime I may want to put private information in hubs about people close to me and I dont want anyone to be able to figure them out, just in case : )  But maybe I should make hubs with my real name, too!

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's exactly why I chose to use a pen name - it gave me freedom to share things I couldn't otherwise.  I started out with just "Marisa", which is a play on my real name.  Then Helium (where I was writing at the time) starting insisting on a "real name" so I added Wright (Wright - writer - geddit?). 

My decision was reinforced when an acquaintance had her identity stolen off Facebook.  All she had on there was her head-and-shoulders photo, full name and date of birth - but that's all you need to fake a driver's licence.  That convinced me to stick with the pen name!

BTW Rochelle - the French would pronounce your name "Raw-shell" with the emphasis on the "shell".

37. Pam Roberson profile image67
    Pam Robersonposted 15 years ago

Mrs. Evil-Tightpants - ROFLMAO!!! Did I miss that hub? I'm gonna have to go look. That one goes straight to the top of the list, and I'm totally throwing out Ram Poberson. lol!

Ardie, I wish I would have thought of doing an alias first, but either way, it would be good to have both. wink

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you're looking, she made her debut in my golf hub. I suspect that she may make a hasty exit, upon reading my ass hub, though!

Mrs Evil (Chi-Chi)Pants, if you did assume the mantle of Evil's wife (I shudder at the thought)fancy Evil (bob) having to contend with two Mrs Evils (Roberts) . We would still know who you were , so you still could not spill any skeletons , or drag any dead beans out of the cupboard.
      Just a suggestion why not "Pam Robertson"? cool

1. Pam Roberson profile image67
        Pam Robersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agvulpes! You're back! big_smile Nice to see you. smile

Alas, I doubt I could fill the evil pants of Mrs. Evil and do her justice, but I sure do like the name. I'm giving it tons of thought, but I know I'd have to go through some kind of 12-step program first to stop dragging out dead beans and rattling skeletons. wink

*rubbing chin* Hmmm, Pam Robertson...how brilliant...nobody would ever know who I was. LOL! Good one! wink That opens an entire realm of possibilities. wink

38. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 15 years ago

I didn't want to be too open with my whole name but a few hubbers found out and it got out there smile.  I'm Rebecca, or Becky if my husband gets in the conversation.

39. Cris A profile image60

Since I started this thread, would it be okay if i collate all the names herein revealed into a single hub sort of like a database? What do you think?

40. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Fine with me Chris.....jimmy

okay, that makes two of us. we'll wait for the others' opinion big_smile

1. RGraf profile image88
        RGrafposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Since it is already out there on me, ok by me, too.

41. Mathi P profile image60
    Mathi Pposted 15 years ago

selva  ...  look good one  ..?

what you thinking ?  why not ?

am selva

42. Cris A profile image60

ok what the heck. since they've put it out there, maybe it means it's okay LOL

43. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

Hey Cris -- yeah, a Hub-directory with everyone's names might be nice.  I like some people's nicknames, but it's interesting to put names with faces (or avatars).

My real name is Sheila Tombe, not Teresa McGurk, but I'm commonly known as "McGurk" by some of my family members. 

I didn't choose the name at random, nor is it an attempt to be anonymous.  I've published some stuff under the name Tombe, and used to write for a local weekly under the name McGurk.  So I kinda answer to both.

The name Tombe was originally Tomb, French, Huguenot.  My grandfather put the "e" on the end, but it didn't stop the jokes, and I was often referred to as a grave little girl in my childhood. 

In my teens, I tried to convince my father we should change the family name to "Biscuit-barrel" but he refused.  Huh.

If you are any way familiar with politics and religion in Northern Ireland, where I grew up, you'll recognize that Sheila Tombe sounds kinda Protestant and Teresa McGurk sounds kinda Catholic.  In a bid to resolve sectarian violence in the province by procreative means, my family (traditionally Protestant, but as we know there have been many Republican rebels who were Protestant -- an ancestor, Henry Joy McCracken, was hanged in Corn Market in Belfast) has tended to marry Catholics; hence I was raised to understand that religious differences were sources of connubial and domestic bliss, not paramilitary maneuvers. 

My mother actually came up with the name Teresa McGurk, it being the most Catholic-sounding name she could think of on the spur of the moment when quizzed by her mother-in-law (who used intermittent senility as a cover for general insolence)  (my mother's name was Phyllis Maud Conn).  Teresa McGurk then became the family avatar and perpetrator of any misdeeds no one wanted to own up to.  She even had a brother, Sammy, for a while. 

My mother's father worked in the shipyard, and was a gregarious and generous man who would entertain the friendship of anyone he pleased, "be they Protestant or Catholic, Hottentot or Jew," a statement that would be an amazing lack of political correctness today, but back then illustrated his true openness to ideas.

It's easier to type Teresa than it is to type Sheila.  I'm lazy.  It stuck.

44. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

You are a SICKO and a stalker you have sent things to my e-mail and iI do
    not know who you are, believe me the authorities will be contacting you , you
    Fruitcake!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)