Sad News of our friend Mary Hyatt

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

I am sure most of you knew Mary Hyatt. Sadly she passed on today, and I for one will really miss her. I loved her hubs, and her humor too.
    She had a dog named Baby, and there were many hubs telling us about her, and her funny stories too. Her daughter Holly asked me to let you know.

So here's to a lovely lady, one I will never forget. x

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that is so sad, Nell, and especially just one day after Mother's Day, here in the states.  I loved Mary so much. She was such a lovely, intelligent, funny and gifted woman. I, too, enjoyed reading her wonderful hubs and reading all about Baby. I was always amazed at the interesting topics Mary found to write about, especially new and visionary topics. I know how much she loved her beautiful flowers. I have already missed her so much. Mary was always so kind to me in her commenting. HubPages will not be the same without her presence, but we will have her writings to cherish and read when we so desire. Thank you for letting us know, dear Nell. I know I will never forget her.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully expressed.
        +1

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this
      1. Nell Rose profile image89
        Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That made me cry, what an amazing poem!

2. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing  . . .

3. janshares profile image92
        jansharesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting that, para. I just tweeted it in memory of Mary. The message is universal: Tomorrow is promised to no one. She was one of the kindest and most interactive hubbers. Her comments and forum posts were always generous and substantive. Her presence will be missed. I am sad.

4. Thelma Alberts profile image89
        Thelma Albertsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What a lovely poem! She will be missed here. I have just read that she passed away. She was a kind lady. May she rest in peace.

3. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mary will be missed. Deepest sympathy to her family. She was a nice lady.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I will miss her too! She had so many interesting things to talk about that she never even wrote about although I did encourage her to of how she grew up and a certain piece of bush she found for brushing her teeth as a child as they had no tooth brushes!
      She was so honest and open is what I so liked about her and such a delight getting to know her having her share these things.
      I am sure her family who have gone on are so glad to see her and I know she has taken with her a brighter light. May we all see her again one day where we will all be family!
      Thanks for notifying us, Nell.

5. Harishprasad profile image71
      Harishprasadposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is a very sad news. I was a follower of Mary Hyatt. She was a wonderful writer ; we'll miss her a lot. My condolences to her family members ! May Almighty rest her soul in peace !

6. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She was a special lady. Thanks for letting us know.

7. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 7 years agoin reply to this

So very sorry to hear this news.  Condolences to her family...  I enjoyed reading her work.  Thanks for letting us know, Nell.

8. phoenix2327 profile image78
      phoenix2327posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh no!  That's really sad to hear.  I so enjoyed her hubs and looked forward to receiving emails alerts about new ones.  My sympathies to her family.

9. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is such a sad news!
      I have known her since the last 4 years through HubPages and we followed each other. I enjoyed reading her hubs and her comments were very honest and supportive. I really liked her approach towards life. "Praying for just one more tomorrow" , "How can you recycle your body after death---", are some of her  must reads contributions.
      My heartfelt condolences to her family. RIP Mary Hyatt!

10. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am very sorry to hear this sad news.  She was someone I greatly admired and respected.

11. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry to hear this. I enjoyed her here too.

12. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So very sorry to hear this. Deepest condolences to Mary's loved ones.

13. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I will miss Mary Hyatt terrible, a poem for the gift that she was to all her Hubber friends.

When Tomorrow Starts without me

When tomorrow starts without me
      and I am not here to see
      If the sun should rise
      and find your eyes filled with tears for me
      I wish so much you wouldn’t cry
      the way you did today
      While thinking of the many things we didn’t get to say
      I know how much you love me
      As much as I love you
      And each time that you think of me
      I know that you will miss me

But when tomorrow starts without me
      Please try to understand
      an angel came and called my name
      and took me by the hand
      And said my place was ready
      in heaven far above and that I would have to leave
      Behind all those I dearly love

But as I turned to walk away a tear fell from my eye
      I had so much to live for, so much yet to do
      It seemed impossible that I was leaving you
      I thought of all the yesterdays
      the good ones and the bad
      I thought of all the love we shared
      and all the fun we had

If I could re-live yesterday
      I thought for just awhile
      I’d say good-bye and kiss you
      and maybe see you smile
      But then I fully realized that it could never be
      For emptiness and memories
      would take the place of me
      So when tomorrow starts without me
      Don’t think we’re far apart
      For every time you think of me
      I’m right here in your heart

14. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mary will definitely be missed. She was vibrant, supportive, loved nature and life. It's always so painful to lose someone we know and love - even if we've never met fact to face.

15. tlcs profile image62
      tlcsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have just come across this post. RIP Mary.

16. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, no! I hate to hear that. She was such a sweet, interesting person.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago
    1. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I only knew her as Mary615. She always had the funniest comments to share with me about her hubs and life. Plus she helped to make my time on HP much brighter.
      My sympathies go out to her family and friends.

3. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 7 years ago

I did not know her. But from your post, I knew that I should look at her hub page.

I regret that I did not know her and did not have an opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas with her. What a lovely person.

Thank you for being a friend to her, and sharing her with us, even now.

4. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

That is sad, Nell. I was a follower of Mary. Condolences to her family, she will be missed.

5. Sunshine625 profile image88
    Sunshine625posted 7 years ago

Mary was such a sweet woman. She has been missed for months since she had a stroke, we wished she would one day return to HubPages and Facebook...but unfortunately not. Mary did leave us with some everlasting memories and for that I am grateful. Rest in Peace, Mary.

1. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mary had the most delightful hubs. And she loved to write poems and use hubbers' names. I was honored to follow her and know her.

1. always exploring profile image77
        always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is so sad. We followed each other. I will miss her wit. God bless her and family. Thank you Nell.

6. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 7 years ago

This is very sad. She was very sweet and kind and will certainly be missed by her friends here. My condolences to her family and may her soul rest in peace.

7. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 7 years ago

Such a sweet lady.  She will be sadly missed by her friends here at HP.  Sincerest condolences to her family.

8. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 7 years ago

Return If Possible
    To a Fellow Hubber

9. Vellur profile image96
    Vellurposted 7 years ago

Sad news, she is a wonderful, sweet person. I enjoyed reading her hubs. May she rest in peace.

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago

Oh, that is so very sad.  She wrote some wonderful, interesting hubs, and was always very sweet in her comments.  She will be missed by the entire HP community.

Thank you, Nell, for letting us know.

11. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

This is really a very sad news for me. I am a follower of Mary Hyatt and she is a great woman with many interesting and intellectual hubs to her credit. She has been a lover of nature (gardening, music, arts and crafts).
    After a long gap of one week, I found some time to sit on computer today, and this is one very shocking news for me. I really miss her and pray may God rest her soul in peace. My hearty condolences to her family members.

12. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 7 years ago

So sad to learn of Mary's passing; thanks for letting us know, Nell.  We were mutual followers and had many nice discussions in comment streams.  I mostly write about animals and Mary was a real animal lover.  Her late husband was a veterinarian and she loved doting over her miniature Schnauzer, Baby.  Her hubs generated a warmth and a familiarity that made readers feel that they've known her for years.  I have nice memories of my cyber friend, Mary615, and wish to add my condolences to her family.  Rest in peace, Mary.

13. WordCrafter09 profile image66
    WordCrafter09posted 7 years ago

I'm so sorry to read this.  Like many people on here, I imagine, I'd been watching (after her stroke) for her to return.  Wishing strength to her daughter and other family members at this difficult time.

14. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 7 years ago

This is sad news, indeed, Nell.  Mary was a lovely lady and good writer, a wonderful part of the HubPages community. Condolences to her loved ones.

15. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I didn't know Mary well, but I did correspond by email for a while, to help her with HubPages rules at one point. So sad to hear of her passing.

16. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 7 years ago

That is very sad she had such beautiful hubs and seemed like a very kind person. May she rest in peace.

17. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Mary , Such a kind and generous commenter  on  many of our  hubs !   Just the exact kind of Hubber  who shares  kindness , concern and community  that hub pages always needed  !
    We will miss you Mary !

18. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 7 years ago

I will remember Mary Hyatt (mary615) by her last hub.  She even posted a beautiful photograph of herself at the end.  My condolences to her relatives and friends.  May her sweet soul rest in peace!

19. Anita Saran profile image74
    Anita Saranposted 7 years ago

We'll miss you Mary Hyatt. Rest in Peace, sweet, talented soul.

20. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I lament Mary's death but have faith that she is in a much better place now, although we here are sad to miss her. I liked everything about her.

As we age, so many fall around us, that it is a little like the life of the last lone bowling pin at the end of the alley. We must treasure our living friends even more now.

21. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 7 years ago

I was sad to hear this, I was friends with Mary on Facebook. She was a lovely person and may she always be remembered. x

22. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

Thanks for letting us know.
    very sorry to hear that.
    May her soul rest in peace.

23. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about her passing.

Is there a thread that lists any other fallen Hub Heroes?

24. Cyndi10 profile image85
    Cyndi10posted 7 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that. I have really become accustomed to seeing certain hubbers' work show up over the years. She was one of them. She will be missed. Take care.

25. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 7 years ago

Just discovered this. Mary was a true friend, a lovely and talented lady. Now the brightest star in the heavens. She'll certainly be missed.

26. whonunuwho profile image53
    whonunuwhoposted 7 years ago

So sad, she will in deed be missed. whonu

27. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  I haven't been here for months and decided to log on tonight.  Mary was such a kind, loving woman.  I enjoyed her gardening hubs.  She always had positive words for anyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)