The Hub Challenge: 100 Hubs in 30 Days -- are you in?

Jump to Last Post 251-300 of 684 discussions (1064 posts)
  1. Jezzzz profile image43
    Jezzzzposted 14 years ago

I always say that you have to think big to get a big result.  I am in for the long haul.  100 hubs for me...

2. langson profile image59
    langsonposted 14 years ago

Hi let me in for 30 hubs

3. Reg Brittain profile image60
    Reg Brittainposted 14 years ago

Hi Ryan!

I have started a new blog and written a post about the challenge.

http://web2pointohwriter.blogspot.com/

This is very fun!  Thank you!

--Reg

4. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 14 years ago

I am starting on it today and will do 100 Hubs in the thirty
    days. Come on everyone lets see who can do it.

5. djrana0 profile image61
    djrana0posted 14 years ago
  6. CADarko profile image59
    CADarkoposted 14 years ago

I'm game for 100 hubs in 30 days!

7. Anthony Hayes profile image58
    Anthony Hayesposted 14 years ago

Hey, Sounds great!
    I'm In!smile)
    Put me down for 30 going on for 100:))
    I guess that means i will go for 30, and if i can get the momentum going then i will push for 100.

8. aidenofthetower profile image69
    aidenofthetowerposted 14 years ago

Okay...so...it is Monday May 11th and I have decided that I am going to give it a go. I will write 100 hubs in 30 days. It should be crazy since I have several other projects on my plate and am due to have a baby soon...but I love a good challenge and this one certainly seems worth talking about! Wish me good luck as I wish the rest of you!

9. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago
  10. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 14 years ago

Well Ryan, I accepted the 30 challenge and just published the first. I sure hope it all works. good luck to all fellow hubbers who take either challenge. I hate deadlines

11. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Won't having 'hubchallenge' as a tag mess up the related hubs deal that shows on some hubs?

I've noticed that they're really not related anyway, but won't having this similar tag mess it up more?

Before I publish any more or continue to add the tag, I'm curious about this.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, having one tag that's the same shouldn't mess it up.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok. I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't make it any worse and more irrelevant than it is ;-) By the way is that going to be fixed?

12. Isabellas profile image72
    Isabellasposted 14 years ago

What the heck I should be able to do 30 easy! Heck 100 shouldn't even be a challenge. I used to do 200+ for a different site each month! Drawing 300 visitors per day on my articles alone!

Hopefully I am able to do it!

13. Be Successful profile image40
    Be Successfulposted 14 years ago

Hi, I am in for 100 hubs in 30 days.  I love a challenge and it will help me become more consistent.

Thanks

Rach

Awesome, Rach!

Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

14. GirlieGeek profile image61
    GirlieGeekposted 14 years ago

100 hubs in 30 days, but what will I wear?!

Ummmm...maybe something like this? smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/3002938209_6c8fe72ed2.jpg

Are you up for the challenge?

2. ajcor profile image62
      ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one

15. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

Wow, look at all of the brave (and crazy) Hubbers who are willing to take on the Hub Challenge! Be sure to follow these 3 simple instructions when posting your Hubs!

1. If you Tweet info about your progress with the Hub Challenge could you please use the #HubChallenge hashtag after each of your tweets so that we can keep an eye on what everyone's up to and how their challenge is going. Also, you can follow HubPages on Twitter here for overall challenge updates: http://twitter.com/HubPagesDOTcom

2. Once you start writing your Hubs, please add a 'HubChallenge' tag to any Hub that you're writing for your 30 Day Hub Challenge so that we can do some cool reporting and analysis on the Hubs that we're all writing during our 30 days.

3. Write a blog and let all of your friends know that you're crazy enough to accept the challenge and be sure to use one of these images below whenever you post something. smile

http://hubpages.com/u/1092215.gif

http://hubpages.com/u/1092216.gif

16. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Ok, ok--I'm in. Let's just say 30 though and If I can do more then great, but count on at least 30. woohoo---here goes nothin' big_smile

17. profile image0
    Hannah Whatleyposted 14 years ago

Count me in!!!

I'll do 100 in 30 days!!!

18. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

Blogged here http://httphubpagescomhubfive-fictiona.blogspot.com/

Tweeted, and published first Hub in the series.

Well, looks like you've covered about all of the bases, Teresa. smile

19. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

p.s 165 Hub Challenge Hubs have already been posted -- whoa.

http://hubpages.com/tag/hubchallenge/hot

Keep 'em coming!!

20. gr8archer45 profile image64
    gr8archer45posted 14 years ago

ooh this is soo exciting!!& everyone is soo charged up here:) lets see who is the best hubber to make loads of profit through this challenge... I wish I could have joined in too! darn exams!

21. kea profile image67
    keaposted 14 years ago

This is a great challenge!  I'm up for 30 in 30 days.  Unfortunately, I still have a day job, working out, etc. that gets in the way of writing!

22. BirteEdwards profile image61
    BirteEdwardsposted 14 years ago

Reading through all of this makes me want to take up this challenge. I just completed one challenge on the internet and had great fun with it.

I will go for 30, and hope I make it

23. MotherHubber profile image61
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

Sigh. . .

Okay.  Okay.

I am likening this endeavor to my first marriage.  I know it's going to be waaay more work than it's worth, right from the start. It might not even work out. But I'm going to put on my blinders and do it anyway.

I've been in a slump (nothing published in over a week) so hopefully this will jolt me out of it.

Will our heroine be able to write 30 hubs in 30 days?  Can she do so without compromising her comedic standards?  Stay tuned. . .

Well, as long as you keep that pointy bra on, you should be OK. smile

24. adamroll13 profile image59
    adamroll13posted 14 years ago

Defintely, this challenge is right down my alley.  I will be like the majority and take on thirty hubs in thirty days but I am also inspired to find out if my hubs about comic books have any earning potential at all.  I wish I were on the ground in Afganistan, or some sort of physics professor astronaut, but I can only write what I know, and for thirty posts, that has to be comic books.

25. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

Let me be the first to welcome all of the new (and crazy) Hub Challengers! If you're accepting the challenge, then all you need to do is start writing and be sure to follow these 3 simple instructions:

26. Uncle Goat profile image60
    Uncle Goatposted 14 years ago

30 in 30 sounds like a plan. Might as well toss my hat into this ring of fire.

27. men are dorks profile image75
    men are dorksposted 14 years ago

100hubs in 30 days, I'm contemplating...

... still thinking...

... still thinking...

a 100, gosh if I take this on, ill spend even more time in front of comp.

28. Moonmaiden profile image69
    Moonmaidenposted 14 years ago

You know I didn't even want to read this forum post because I can't resist a challenge and I knew I'd get sucked in. So here I am throwing my pen into the ring, and there isn't even a prize for getting to 100! I just hope I can think of 100 things to write about that I haven't already covered.
    Here's my Twitter for those that wish to follow: http://twitter.com/zenchantress

29. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

New video post from the Diary of a Mad Hubber -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jh8prh2bGI (2 tips included).

30. Nolimits Nana profile image90
    Nolimits Nanaposted 14 years ago

Well... what the heck.
    I'm in for 30-in-30.

31. time2gethealthy profile image62
    time2gethealthyposted 14 years ago

I'm in...considering I've only written 2 hubs so far, hopefully I shouldn't have a problem coming up with at least 30+!  Happy hubbing:)

32. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 14 years ago
  33. shangrila profile image40
    shangrilaposted 14 years ago

Am in...I guess!

34. bds250205 profile image64
    bds250205posted 14 years ago

Well, I just started writing hubs last week, but...

ah, what the heck...  I like doing things differently!

100 Hubs!  I'm doin' it!

See you in a month!!!

~BDS250205

35. Amanda Severn profile image95
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

I'd like to do it, if I can. I've started today with another Art ub. I'll see how it goes. Even if I only do 10 in thirty days, that'll still be a personal best!

36. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

YES!! It's dso good to see all of you Hubbers coming back to write some more...we've missed you!

Also, I wanted to throw out another challenge within a challenge. smile

I would go absolute BONKERS if we could create a trending topic on Twitter. This happens when A LOT of one word is showing up more than others, so if all of us Hubbers who have accepted the challenge keep on adding the #HubChallenge to the end of our tweets, we might just do it!!

http://hubpages.com/u/1103364.png

Of course, if we all follow these 3 simple instructions, then we should be good to go:

37. Ryan Hupfer profile image61

Just saw another blog come though -- awesome!

http://lisatorresonline.com/admin/?p=480

38. lbtrader profile image59
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

So you say there be money to be made here laddy!!!!

I don't know about that one...last i checked my adsense i was making about a buck a day.....

But i feel myself attracted to your challenge nonetheless, so make some room on that big boat laddy!!!!

I sink with the hubber ship meself too also.....

39. GiftedGrandma profile image61
    GiftedGrandmaposted 14 years ago

I'm in for the 30 in 30 days.

40. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I just posted my first hub in this challenge!  http://hubpages.com/hub/Being-a-Kid-in- … -Early-70s

I'm blogged about it here:  http://www.bigcountrystores.com/12.html?sm=57397

And I tweeted it on my Twitter. 

1 down, 29 to go!

41. Moonmaiden profile image69

Though I do love the huge yellow banner, is it possible to get a side bar badge that I can leave in my blogs? One that when you click on it either goes to each of our articles, or if that's too tricky, at least to Hubpages? Pretty please?

Great idea -- we're working on getting these whipped up right now. smile

2. jamestedmondson profile image59
      jamestedmondsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here you go guys! Hope you like 'em.
      http://hubpages.com/u/1103782.gif
      http://hubpages.com/u/1103783.gif

Nice James!

OK, I'm going to be quiet here for a little while, it's time to start writing. smile

Wish me luck!

42. Moonmaiden profile image69

Oooh thanks, I can't wait. I have about 60 blogs.

43. profile image0
    hina crazyposted 14 years ago

Its sound crazy

44. Reg Brittain profile image60
    Reg Brittainposted 14 years ago

I'm a tweep, and I just ran several tweets with the #HubChallenge hashmark.

It didn't take 5 minutes.

45. Isela profile image59
    Iselaposted 14 years ago

I´m in for 30 Hubs...see you in a month!

46. dwilliamson profile image59
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago
  47. profile image0

Here's a way to track your hubs for the hubchallenge (hubpages/author/username/hubchallenge)-- here's my link http://hubpages.com/author/ysdata/hubchallenge/hot

48. alekhouse profile image72
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

I'm signing up for 30 hubs in 30 days. I wrote two today (5/11) and will post my progress on twitter.

alekhouse

49. profile image0

223 hubchallenge hubs published already (WOW) -- by the group.  I'm only at 4

50. 4Paws profile image60
    4Pawsposted 14 years ago

OK, I'm in! 30 hubs in 30 days, starting later this week. Tuning up my writing gears. :-)

Wooooo whooo!

Don't forget to follow the s simple instructions as you move through the 30 days...and be sure to keep us all updated!

1. lotuslove19 profile image70
        lotuslove19posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am already on the move .lets see how well I get through .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)