A hearty welcome to all Squidoo members.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 93 discussions (279 posts)
  1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. I look forward to meeting Squidoo members and reading your articles. It will be fun working together to help build an ever stronger community of writers.

My name is Phyllis Doyle.  I have been at HubPages for four years. I have a variety of topics I write on. I usually focus on famous figures in history, spirituality, Native American, and mythology.

This forum is to welcome and meet Squidoo members.  Hubbers and Lensmasters, please introduce yourself and your writing interests. Let's get acquainted.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the welcome, Phyllis. With all the discussion going on in other threads about how this merger will affect HubPages, revenue, ranking, and such, it's nice to see one that recognizes that there are real people behind all that content that's moving.

So, I'm Lisa, and I have about 40 lenses on Squidoo that will be migrating over to HubPages in the coming weeks. I started by writing about arts and crafts, added a little content about local interests, and now, I'm focused on vegan recipes. As my interests evolved, so did my Squidoo lenses.

Rather than panic about what's going to happen, I'm taking this time to delete some old, stale lenses, and figure out how some of those that might not fit the HubPages format and model might be reworked after they're migrated.

I'm looking forward to learning how to make HubPages work for me, the same way I did when I joined Squidoo.

Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome, Lisa. You know, this is a good time for all of us to review our own hubs and update where necessary.  I have been updating some of mine.

It's good to blow the dust off every so often. I always think the passage of time won't change anything I'm writing today, but several years down the road, I'll reread the article, and discover something that's no longer true, or no longer relevant.

2. Maximum A profile image73
        Maximum Aposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome, welcome, welcome! It's always great to have new people here. smile

2. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi My name is Audrey Selig, and I have been on Hubpages for four years. Welcome to all Squidoo members. Looking forward to reading your hubs. We are ready to help in any way. My specialties are: technology, teens, writing,  health and sports. I have read many of your articles and know you are knowledgeable writers and love to share recipes. We will have a grand old time together on this site.

3. Homeplace Series profile image56
      Homeplace Seriesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Phyllis. With the usual rough spots in any merger, this will be a good move. I've been active, for some time, on both sites. I look forward to the positive benefits of the consolidation. I wrote about it last evening on my Freelance Writing Tips from the Homeplace - D hub... Thanks for this positive thread.

You are most welcome, Homeplace. Thanks for participating here. I am looking forward to the positive benefits, too, of this merger.

4. WannaB Writer profile image87
      WannaB Writerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi. I've been Wannabe Writer here on HubPages for almost as long as I've been BarbRad on Squidoo. I'll still be BarbRad for the lenses that I allow to transfer. Squidoo was my first writing site, and I loved it, but it was getting harder and harder to jump through every new hoop and it was beginning to be like navigating a minefield to keep writing there. I'm glad my best lenses will find a new home here, since I really like the way HubPages is run better. I think HubPages treats writers more fairly. I'm just glad I've already built up a body of work here. Though editing my lenses to be more like hubs will be quite a job, at least I'm used to the platform and it may be easier for me than someone who has never written here.

I never intended to write lenses for selling things, and Squidoo was trying to funnel all of us into affiliate marketers. I will be happy to get rid of a lot of the stuff they encouraged us to put in. We have some very good writers at Squidoo who aren't here yet, and I'm sure they will get used to HubPages and adjust quickly and learn to love it as much as I do. I'm kind of happy I can make only hubs now, since I don't have to finish this year's Giant Squid requirement.

1. DrBillSmithWriter profile image65
        DrBillSmithWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the lenses look like when they get "translated" to hubs. I have 157... may be a challenge... but a good one, I believe. I was DrBilltellsexcitingstories at Squidoo. Kind of happy to get rid of that name. Don't remember how I stuck myself with that long thing...  ;-)

Hi Wannabwriter  I did not know about all the affiliate marketing at Squidoo. I have a few hubs, but  never have been good at it.  You are a writer here, so it is good to have your work transfer to our site. Welcome. Hope it is not a struggle for everyone to get stuff transferred.

5. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello there, Lensmasters. Glad you're here. My name is Nathan or you can call me Nate. This is a great site, you're going to like it here.

6. Ilona1 profile image59
      Ilona1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the welcome to Squidoo writers! I already had an account here, but now it seems that another will be holding whatever of my lenses make the cut. The name is ilonagarden.

I have to say that while hubpages is a wonderful place, I will really miss Squidoo where I wrote the majority of my content of this type.

Hi llona1. It is not easy to have to leave a site you are accustomed to and love. I know, I have gone through that myself when I left BellaOnline where I had been for 5 years. I still miss it. Hope your transition of articles to HP goes well for you.

7. Valerie Bloom profile image87
      Valerie Bloomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for setting up this meet-and-greet! My name is Valerie; I was vegival on Squidoo. I write on a wide variety of topics, but my specialty is vegan living. I've also got a lot of hiking and backpacking pages and pages related to family activities. I'm nervous about the move over to HubPages and making sure that my lenses update correctly as hubs.

You are welcome, Valerie Bloom. Nice to meet you. I wish you all the best at HubPages and in your transition.

8. pkmcruk profile image67
      pkmcrukposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the warm welcome which I very much appreciate.

I have been here for some time but have had to create a new account to move my 140 lenses over. It's certainly a challenging time and a challenging timescale but I am sure we will all come through it!

You are welcome, pkmcruk. Welcome to HubPages. I hope the transition goes well for you.

9. Linda BookLady profile image80
      Linda BookLadyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi there! I am so grateful for the hospitality and warm welcome you're extending to us. I will miss Squidoo but am warming up to HubPages.

I started at Squidoo in 2007 and then, in 2011, came to HubPages to do a thirty-day "HubChallenge" - thirty hubs in thirty days, as I recall. 33+ hubs were created, and then I drifted back to Squidoo and neglected my pages here. So, as I return to HubPages, the site isn't totally new to me, and I'm happy to pick up where I Ieft off. I very much like the look and feel of this site with all the white space on the pages... and I like the user interface too.

The integration of my Squidoo account will be a HUGE amount of work as I try to improve the pages to fit into HubPages guidelines. Your willingness to have us here makes the ordeal so much easier to endure.

Thank you, thank you all...

Linda

Hi Linda. I can imagine the huge task ahead of you and wish you all the best.

10. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello to everyone moving over from Squidoo and everyone I haven't yet met here at HP. I've only been here for a little over a year and have to admit I didn't even know what Squidoo was when people started talking about the merger. That short time as a member also means I probably really won't notice much different except there will be an influx of people. I hope the transition goes smoothly for everyone and I look forward to meeting as many people as I can.

11. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I join Phyllis, a very talented writer, in welcoming all Squidoo members and to "leave my front door open," so to speak, to any and all Squidoo members who have questions about me, where I live, and some might ask, what I am.
      Welcome!

12. favored profile image62
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for putting out the welcome mat for us. I appreciate it so much and hope others are made to feel as welcome as I have.  All the best. Blessings

You are very welcome, favored.  Best wishes to you.

13. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

TO ALL SQUIDS:

Check out an excellent hub from a lady you most likely already know.  Relache has provided you with a mover's guide for your transition to HubPages.

From Squidoo to HubPages: A Mover's Guide

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-squidoo

1. kateloving profile image60
        katelovingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Phyllis, Thanks so much for the welcome. I am navigating my way around here, and HubPages has some great features. Rather than ask questions that have been asked a million times before, I will read the article you provided here.

As for the migration, I have confidence it will go well, as well as being a work in progress. Thanks for your well wishes, everyone!!

1. kenneth avery profile image79

kateloving,
          You are more than welcome. But again, WELCOME to HubPages. Or as some of us call it, "HubVille."

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Hi Kate. You are most welcome.  I believe you will have no problems with the transition with the great outlook you have. I wish you all the best.

Thanks again, Phyllis and Kenneth--Glad to be apart of such a robust group!!!

1. kenneth avery profile image79

You are very welcome, kateloving. Glad to have you.

14. SusannaDuffy profile image80
      SusannaDuffyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What a warm welcome, Phyliss. Thank you

Before we migrate over I'd like to know if we can use other affiliates apart from Amazon and eBay. For example - Share-a-Sale, Zazzle and AllPosters.

I have over 800 lenses in the transfer package and many of these feature those affiliates. I'm wondering if I should chuck them all out before the transfer.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Susanna, heavy use of affiliate links here is something no one here has done for several years, especially affiliates which cut HubPages out of the earnings loop. 

More than two outgoing links to the same domain and you'll be penalized.  It also used to be that if you put a single link to one domain but did it on every single Hub (essentially side-stepping the two-per rule) you would be penalized too.

In short, I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but I would expect you will need to lose a lot of those links.

1. Arachnea profile image67
          Arachneaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is good to know. The task of bringing the transferred lenses up to code will definitely be a challenge for squids moving over. I hope to sit down with the rules here pretty soon before I start manually transferring my lenses.

My plan is to let Squidoo and HubPages handle all the transferring.

Hubs have one cool ability that lenses didn't: the ability to unpublish and republish.

When my 300-or-so lenses come over, I want to see which ones get warnings, and if I think it's warranted, I'll unpublish the content for a bit.  I'm going to use that ability for triage, so I can hide any worst offenders if needed.

See, I'm confident that my lenses are built as well as my Hubs because I didn't do anything different when it came to the original writing part of each site.

Also, in the last ten years, I can't even count the number of times that I have had to suddenly edit or adjust several hundred web pages on any number of sites where I've written.  You get the preferred beverage, queue up a rocking music set list and you just go into editor mode....

1. Arachnea profile image67

I think I'll unpublish all of mine that come over. I want to go through them, especially links thoroughly before posting.

Great idea, Arachnea. That way we can edit them when they are here--may be easier to delete those pesky amazon and squidoo links!

2. Valerie Bloom profile image87
                Valerie Bloomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is a great idea! The thought of my work being "out there" but looking horrible because of formatting or linking issues is really upsetting. So my plan is to unpublish, then go through my articles, most popular first, to make sure they look okay and update as needed before republishing. I'm sure that ultimately my articles will be even better for going through this process -- as overwhelming as that process feels!

Hi Susanna.  Looks like Relache has already replied to your affiliate question. Relache or Marisa Wright are really the best ones to answer questions like that or check out the Learning Center and FAQ section. 

I wish you all the best, Susanna.

15. Calvin Gunter profile image60
      Calvin Gunterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello and thanks for the welcome! I wrote a couple lenses on Squidoo, so I'm still new to online writing. Any tips for becoming successful on HubPages?

You'll need to write more than a few lenses.

Hi Calvin.  The best tip I can give you is to get acquainted with the Learning Center and the FAQ or start a thread in the forums. If you start a thread in the forums make sure you select the proper forum.  Always check in the FAQ section first to see if your answer is in there.

When you click on Forum at the top of the news feed page, the box will open for you to put your question in and then  you select the proper forum, such as 'HubPages Community', then click on 'Getting Help for HubPages'.

When choosing that forum,  a HubPages staff member,usually Matt or Kristy, will pop in and offer assistance.

16. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Here is another very helpful hub from Relache:

10 Biggest HubPages User Mistakes:
      http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/10-Bigg … r-Mistakes

And, check out other Tutorial hubs from hubbers at:
      http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages-tut … unity/2848

17. Arachnea profile image67

Glad to be here. Looking forward to a new adventure. Thanks for the warm welcome.

18. CuAllaidh profile image80
      CuAllaidhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the welcome. Over at Squidoo I was known as TheMeadMan, I chose to go with CuAllaidh because my articles strayed from just Mead related articles years ago. I have over 100 lenses that are transferring here, and have done one (that was locked by squidoo for content, and yes I cleaned it up first) manually, I'll probably clean up a few others that got locked and post them here as well while I wait for the transfer. Being as traffic and payment over at squidoo has dropped so drastically over the past year or so I am excited about the transfer.

19. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Please remember this forum thread is to get acquainted with each other.  Paul Edmonds hopes to have a forum set up for concerns and issues with all Squids -- in the meantime, may I suggest you hop over to Marisa's forum thread: New forum section for Squidoo refugees? at

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123879

Marisa is very helpful and knowledgeable on all things HubPages. Check out Marisa's and Relache's hubs for great tips and advice.

This is so fun to meet all of you.

20. notsuperstitious1 profile image59
      notsuperstitious1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for welcoming me to Hub Pages. I am waiting to see which lenses will be transferred over, and then update them at that time. I see that I have adapted to the new platform, as i now have one hub that got featured quite quickly. My main interest is quilting tutorials, gardening, and photography.

Hi Edith Rose. Very nice to meet you. I look forward to reading Attic Windows.

21. Margaret Schindel profile image96
      Margaret Schindelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Phyllis, it's a pleasure to meet you and all the other Hubbers who have welcomed us so graciously as we come from Squidoo to join you here on HubPages. We're already trying hard to educate ourselves about the rules and guidelines here, and I'm very grateful for the support and help you've offered as we learn the ropes. Writing for Squidoo was a wonderful experience for me and I'm looking forward to joining a new, vibrant, talented and successful community here on HubPages, where my profile is margaretschindel. I hope very much that most or all of the the 70 articles I published on Squidoo will find a new home here.

By way of introduction, I'm a writer, senior editor/technical editor of Metal Clay Artist magazine, jewelry designer, marketing strategist, avid cooking, baking and crafting enthusiast and chocoholic. I'm also the soon-to-be-former Squidoo Bangles, Baubles and Beads Contributor and I hope to continue growing my jewelry making, crafting, chocolate and healthy recipes niches here on HP. Again, thank you all for the wonderfully warm welcome! I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones here.

Hi Margaret, I am very happy to meet you and look forward to reading your articles (hubs). Best wishes to you.

22. SheilaSchnauzies profile image70
      SheilaSchnauziesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Phyllis! You're the first Hubber I've met! Thanks for the nice welcome. I've written over 300 lenses at Squidoo and lots of those will hopefully make it here ! I'm a crochet designer and own a Miniature Schnauzer rescue -hence the SheilaSchnauzies name. My writing is about my rescue dogs, my original crochet !patterns, gardening especially for disabled, some original recipes, and some health topics like my hips and knees bring replaced within a two year period, and surviving malignant melanoma a year ago. So I guess I have a little of everything! Thanks again, looking forward to meeting everyone !

Hi Sheila. I am glad to meet you and wish you all the best here at HubPages. I love Schnauzers. There are several Schnauzers in our very large family and we adore them. My little rescue pet is a Pomeranian and he is so sweet.

23. ecogranny profile image83
      ecogrannyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Phyllis, for this warm welcome. I have long been fascinated with your subject matter, so I know I'm going to enjoy following your Hubs.

Thank you, too, to the other Hubbers who have joined Phyllis in welcoming us. Such kindness helps ease the sadness I feel at losing my playground of so many years. But as they say, when one playground, er door, closes, another one opens. I am deeply grateful to the management at Squidoo and HubPages for making this transition so easy.

As for me, I'm a grandmother, sometime political activist, and have a lot of fun in the kitchen playing with food. Yup, I play a lot these days. Making up for way too many years of serious workaholic dedication to causes and jobs. My mom always said I was born grown up. Well, I'm making up for that now!

My favorite topics usually involve food and finding ecofriendly ways to live well. Quite often, I manage to intertwine the two in my lenses, blogs and now my very first hub.

Thank you again for extending so warm a welcoming hand. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and others here on HubPages.

Hi Kathryn (ecogranny). I think you will enjoy HubPages -- there is a lot of variety here. Glad to know you enjoy the things I write about. Best wishes to you.

24. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello to all Squidoo people!

I'm a bit weird both in real life and on Hubpages. I started 3 years ago when I was bored, went away and came back again and now I'm in a writing mood! I love to write about crafts, recipes, funny/weird stuff, guinea pigs and interesting things I've explored. I like to cover lots of different topics.

I guess what I'm known for in my home town (Melbourne) is for holding the first Hubpages Meet in Australia on Australia Day, a few years ago. I'm still in touch with the original Aussies who joined me and particularly welcome any Aussie Squidoo people!

Looking forward to having an interesting time reading the beautiful variety of hubs that you're going to be putting here. Some of your interests sound fascinating and I can't wait to check them out wink

Best of luck and chuck a shrimp on the Barbie,

Suzanne x

25. Aquamarine18 profile image58
      Aquamarine18posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Phyllis for welcoming us all aboard HubPages. I have just set up a new account here as Aquamarine18 and I am anxiously waiting for Squidoo to transfer my lenses over. I have been writing for Squidoo for almost 3 years now and I must say I loved the platform and how easy it was to create great looking lenses. I have always tried to write high quality articles and I am proud to say that I was never penalized on Squidoo for low quality content. I do feel sad about the fate of Squidoo but I must say I am looking forward to a new beginning on HubPages. I feel a little anxious about the transfer and especially as to how lenses will look as hubs and how much work they might or might not  need to pass HubPages' quality assessment. I understand that we will be given a grace period of at least four months to work on our lenses-hubs-to-be, so with 86 lenses transferring in the next few days I think I will have enough time to reshape them. I like writing about quite a lot of things, pets (I was the man's best friend contributor on Squidoo), DIY projects, recipes, family activities, boating, photography and much more. I haven't created any hubs here yet, I am waiting for my lenses to transfer before I start shuffling around, but I am certainly looking forward to it. HubPages looks like a really nice new home for me!

Hi Auquamarine18 and welcome.  You have a lot of writing interests, so I think you will be just fine here at HP. I look forward to reading your articles. I wish you all the best.

26. Nadine May profile image74
      Nadine Mayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Phyllis for starting this welcome forum for all the members from Squidoo that have joined us.

27. Tracie-Fisher profile image60
      Tracie-Fisherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.  I am really looking forward to getting to know more about the people of Hubpages.

Hi Tracie. It won't take long to get to know the people and I think you will like it very much here. Best wishes to you.

28. Shades-of-truth profile image82
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello, Phyllis!

Thanks for the welcome! I was 4U2C at Squidoo, and wrote about Moringa, my husband's strange orchids, our Muscovy duck, weird truth, and several other subjects.

At the moment, I am rather "lost", but expect that once the transfers are completed, I will understand how we are to proceed.

It is lovely to see so many familiar faces here, that I knew from Squidoo!

You are welcome, Shades. Good to meet you. I can imagine the feeling of being lost. Once you get your articles over here and are set to go, I think it will help to make you feel more at home -- seeing your friends here helps, too. I wish you all the best.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image82
          Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Phyllis!

29. Anthony Altorenna profile image95
      Anthony Altorennaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm very happy to join the HP community. It's great to see so many familiar names and avatars!

I like creating How-To pages, mostly to showcase the woodworking and gardening projects around our home. I especially like to build birdhouses, and I have several articles posted on the other site that will move over to HP with the pending transition. I've posted one new Hub so far, and I really enjoyed using the publishing tool.     

I look forward to reading more Hubs and meeting more writers. Thanks again!

Hi Anthony. You are most welcome. it is nice to meet you.  I like our publishing tool very much. The 'Need Some Goals?' box is a very helpful part of publishing here.  Best wishes to you.

30. MJ Martin profile image68
      MJ Martinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Phyllis for starting this great welcome forum.  After reading through it I recognized many names from both here at Hubpages and Squidoo too.  My passions are storytelling, photography and sharing the latest greatest thing I just found out about.  I really enjoyed doing reviews at Squidoo.  Here at hub pages I've worked mostly on revamping my hubs to reach featured status.  I've learned so much in the last 3 years between these two sites and other places this online journey is taking me.

Welcome welcome,  to all of you.

You are very welcome, MJ.

31. starrfinancial profile image73
      starrfinancialposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the very warm welcome. I have been on Squidoo for a few years now and so far so good I think. Except for a few tiny issues most of the lenses came through ok except for the quiz pages which lost all their questions.

I have loved writing for years and at times I have used it for extra income but now due to not having much time to devote to it I can only have it as a hobby.

Glad to be joining the HubPages family!

You are welcome, starrfinancial. That is too bad you lost the questions in the transfer. I hope all works out for you going forward. Best wishes to you.

32. Adventuretravels profile image86
      Adventuretravelsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Phyllis,
      Thank you very much indeed for your warm welcome. I was a Giant squid and the UK Travel Contributor. My lenses have just been sent over to HubPages so I'll be busily editing for a few weeks at least. Enjoying every minute of this whole new venture. It's so nice to meet new people and to come here with so many very friendly Squids - kinda home from home!

I look forward to reading all these new Hubs.

Hi Adventuretravels. You are most welcome. I wish you all the best in going forward, with your editing, meeting new friends, interfacing with old friends - what an exciting time.

2. PaulOnBooks profile image60
    PaulOnBooksposted 9 years ago

Thank you Phyllis, and thanks to others who've extended a welcoming hand,

You are welcome, Paul. This merger is a little scary, I think, for all of us -- working together to be the best we can be and supporting each other will help all of us.

3. bettyshares profile image60
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

Hello I am Betty, I have been writing online for many years, and I like to write about education since I used to be a school teacher.

Hi Betty.  We have some other teachers here on HP that I think you will enjoy meeting. I wish you all the best.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I've been with HubPages for a little over six years. There are a lot of helpful and supportive people here, both writers and staff.  I feel for the Squidoo people who are transitioning over. It's always a little difficult to make changes, but I think they will find HP a great place to share their writing. Welcome, Squids!

5. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

Thank you for the welcome, Phyllis. The ironic thing for me is just last month, in July, I started transferring some of my underperforming Squidoo lenses here to Hubpages where they've gotten much better traffic and reception. So I was already feeling pretty jazzed about Hubpages.

Of course, now I have over 200 Squidoo lenses I'm trying to decide what to do with: preemptively delete and just transfer to my already established account where I want to build a solid travel and food niche? Hope and pray they will transfer to this new account alright? Or just move to my own websites, of which I have several? It's a lot to process at a busy time of the year already for me.

Anyway, my focus areas in writing tend to be the visual arts, European travel, food and issues of infertility and childfree living. I'm looking forward to finding new people to connect with in my interest areas.

You are very welcome, sockii.  Seems like you gave yourself a good head start with this merger. I look forward to reading your articles. I am getting more enthused about all of this as I read everyone's post.

2. favored profile image62

It's good to hear this news.  Hoping the transfer will be smooth.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years ago

I have been at HP for about 4 years and to all Squidoo members a big...............Welcome

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9181052_f248.jpg

1. lyns profile image70
      lynsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Hubpage writer as well and welcome all the new writers from the merger SQ, yes as many have said this is a very friendly environment for writers and great encouragement. I am sure you will find the environment here great for all writers. Welcome aboard all ...

2. Adventuretravels profile image86
      Adventuretravelsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I'm really happy to be here. It's very exciting!

7. taiwokareem profile image61
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages all Squidoo members. Hubpages is great and everyone here are friendly. I'm quite new but the support has been great

8. Loretta L profile image65
    Loretta Lposted 9 years ago

Hi. Nice to meet you all. I just came over from Squidoo and am still finding my way around. I won't attempt to post a hub until I know what I'm doing. Looks like fun here, though.

Hi Loretta. Nice to meet you. I wish you all the best here on HubPages.

9. Loretta L profile image65
    Loretta Lposted 9 years ago

Thank you, Phyllis. I hope I can work out what I'm doing, lol. It all seems a bit complicated at the moment.

You are welcome, Loretta.  I am sure it must be a phenomenal task to decide what to do with all your articles. It also could be a very exciting time of refreshing them all.  I have been reviewing some of my older hubs to see what they need for updating and it is exciting for me.  I love challenges, for it keeps my brain working. LOL

1. Loretta L profile image65
        Loretta Lposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lol, I think my brain is a bit over-challenged at the moment as I am in the throes of editing my most recent book ready for publication. That means a struggle with the formatting gremlins is looming. Haha. My brain is nearly fried at the moment.

1. lyns profile image70
          lynsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

At Loretta I certainly know what you mean, I am in the exact state, all the work we have put in we must finish everything, lol.  Great Going Loretta

Thanks,

Brain overload is my middle name, Loretta. I try to be in the moment, but others interfere with my moment. Right now, I am working on a hub. Best of luck to you in transferring and writing.

3. Don Bobbitt profile image85
          Don Bobbittposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I say, The More the Merrier!
          I have been plodding along on HP for nearly five years and keep a little over 150 Hubs active.
          My writing have evolved to being mostly about RVs, Motorhomes, and Camping, with a healthy emphasis on helping other campers have more fun.
          I never "jumped the fence" and wrote on Squidoo, but I have read a number of your "lenses". It all looks good to me, so everyone should just keep on writing.
          DON

1. favored profile image62

What an encouraging comment. Thanks so much.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Hi Loretta. You asked me what is the number next to our profile pic. It is our hubber score. It is a combination of all we do on HubPages (quality of hubs, how often we publish, participation in the community, etc.) You can find details on this in the FAQ section at the following link:

http://hubpages.com/faq/    scroll down to #6

Thanks so much. I appreciate that.

10. KL Klein profile image68
    KL Kleinposted 9 years ago

Welcome, Squidoo people! I'm looking forward to seeing your articles on here. Good luck with the transfer!

11. jezebellamina profile image60
    jezebellaminaposted 9 years ago

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Phyllis! 

I have been here on HubPages as Jezebellamina for 3 years now, but I've also been writing on Squidoo during that time so I consider myself both a Hubber and a Lensmaster.

Unfortunately, it feels like starting over on HubPages with a new account. I would love to introduce myself under that new account (JessicaBarst), but using more than one persona in the forum is not permitted. Seems to pose a bit of a challenge for building up my pathetic hubscore, as participating in the forum is one way to improve that, lol!

I love to write about crafting, jewelry making, and all kinds of DIYs, which is what my transferred lens/hubs will represent. My existing account is a mish-mush of topics (newbie mistake), so it will be nice to see how staying more focused benefits my traffic!

Anyway, I am apprehensive about what the transition means for my traffic as well as formatting nightmares, etc. but I'm also looking forward to the challenge and being able to grow. I know I'm in good hands with tons of friendly hubbers willing to help with advice and troubleshooting. I'm ready to jump back in the game and make a real go of it this time smile

Also looking forward to connecting with both new and seasoned hubbers under both accounts. Best wishes to all!

xo

JessicaBarst / Jezebellamina

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it is permitted.  What's not permitted is to use more than one persona in the forum in the same forum.

The intention of the rule is to prevent "sockpuppet" situations, where someone creates an argument by debating with their own multiple personalities.  So no one is going to mind if, for instance, you comment on a thread about HubPages as Jezebellamina, but when you see a thread about Squidoo, you switch to JessicaBarst. 

Of course it is a bit confusing for other people, so you don't want to switch too much!

Hi Jezebellamina. I wish you all the best in the transition. If you need help there are a lot of hubbers who jump in often to help others. Check out the Learning Center and the FAQ section under the 'help' tab in the top bar on any page to the far right.  You can also start a forum thread with your concerns if you cannot find an answer in the FAQ.   Nice to meet you.

12. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

What up Squids? Welcome to the party! (Extends virtual beer)

I'm Keith aka FatFreddysCat, a sarcastic, middle aged pop culture nerd from New Jersey. If you like hard rock/heavy metal music and/or B Movies, look me up. I look forward to checking out some of y'all's imported material in the above subjects and more!

I'll take that beer! It's hotter than you know where here in North Central Texas this evening. I could use a cold one.

A really cold beer sounds good right now.

13. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Welcome to our new friends. I'm Christin and I've been hanging out here on HP for 3 years.  I really enjoy writing hubs and I hope you will too.  Looking forward to seeing some of the new material coming over smile

14. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 9 years ago

Good job Phyllis! Way to show your support. If I were a Squidoo member I would touched by your greeting!

Thank you swilliams.

15. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

I am Anamika S Jain, a Hubber for over 6 years now. Welcome to my new friends from Squidoo! I am acquainted with many Lens masters and look forward to meet some new people here.

I found Squidoo and HubPages almost the same time. However, I found Squidoo a bit complicated as a newbie and have only published one lens there. I understand that getting familiar with a new site can take time, but we have a wonderful Community here to help you all. Feel free to connect with me in case you need any help with this site.

16. Shorebirdie profile image75
    Shorebirdieposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the welcome!  I actually signed up here two years ago, but never created a hub.  That profile is under Desertdarlene.  That was my name at Squidoo, but they wouldn't let me use it here because I already had an account, so I'm Shorebirdie now.  My Squidoo lenses should be imported into that account.

I write about nature, mostly, as well as travel, photography and art.  I am looking forward to being at HubPages.

Hi Shorebirdie and welcome. Hope all goes well for you. I look forward to your reading your hubs.

1. Shorebirdie profile image75
        Shorebirdieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I re-read the announcement on Squidoo again and it's entirely possible that they may import to my Desertdarlene account.  We shall see.  I hope people follow both until then.

17. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Welcome to all ex-Lensmasters/new Hubbers. 

I've been at HubPages for several years.  I stopped writing regularly on revenue-sharing sites after Panda hit in 2011, but I've never been able to leave the HubPages forums, which I still think of as my online "home".    You'll find lots of helpful people here (provided you stay away from the religious and political forums!).

I've written a few Hubs on tips for Hubbers, which you'll find in the slider on my profile. 

For  newbies, I also recommend Darkside's Hubs.  Ex-Squidoo people are already pretty knowledgeable, but these Hubs may help to explain some of the differences:

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/capsules
    http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/Referrals

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marisa. you are one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. I would recommend any of your advice to new hubbers... from anywhere.  I have learned a lot from you. Thank you!

18. wildsimplicity profile image87
    wildsimplicityposted 9 years ago

Thank you so much to Phyllis and the other Hubbers here for making us squids feel welcome!

A little about me: I went by asphyxia on Squidoo and will be transferring about 45 lenses. Costume guides are the cheese to my macaroni. I also write about science education and films based on books, among many other things that have piqued my interest over the past three years. Fingers crossed my writing will find a happy home here on HP!

You are most welcome, wildsimplicity. I hope your transition goes smoothly. We have a lot of helpful hubbers ready to support and welcome you. Browse through the hubs (articles) of other hubbers, check out the Learning Center and FAQ under the help tab top right, and check out some helpful hubs written by Marisa Wright, Patty Inglish, relach and many others for 'how to' on HubPages.

19. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

Welcome to all the Squidoo writers that join HubPages soon!

After 7 1/2 years at this site, I am still most satisfied and happy with the people and results here when compared to some other platforms.

My writings cluster largely around Health & Medical, Film & Book Reviews, History, Recipes & Food Anthropology, Aerospace Exploration, Jobs and Career Forecasts, Travel, and HubPages Questions & Answers. Many more interests keep me reading Hubs in this growing community.

I'll be reading many of your Hubs soon!

20. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

Welcome, welcome, welcome... Like Anamika, I too found Squiddo at the same time as HubPages. Also like Anamika, I only published one lens... we are glad to have your talent added to our growing community.... God Bless You All!

21. Rihanaa profile image61
    Rihanaaposted 9 years ago

Hi, i am rihana limso and i am new here and will be happy to meet hub page family.

Hi Rihanaa and welcome to HubPages. I wish you all the best.

22. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

A great initiative Phyllis. I too would like to welcome all new members. I am John Hansen (better known as Jodah). I have been a member of Hub Pages for four years, but only began serious writing here about 18 months ago. I am mainly a poet, but occasionally write an article or short fiction story for something a little different. I try to keep my writing as diverse as possible so there is a something to appeal to everyone. I look forward to having new readers to my hubs and to read yours in return. I hope you enjoy your new home.

Thank you, Jodah.

23. Marie Flint profile image71
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

Phyllis, this is such a wonderful idea in creating a forum to welcome transitioning Squidoo writers. (I wish I had thought of it.) To do my part, I will be attempting to follow transitioners from this blog post (up to this entry). Those with no experience at HP will be my focus.

For those who don't know me, I tend to send emails through Fan Mail when I see grammar, spelling, or mechanics. I am not a part of HubPro and do not get paid for my editing skills. I also sometimes offer layout suggestions if I have any. Why do I do this? It just comes naturally. I am somewhat of an idealist, love the written word, and enjoy helping others.

Welcome!

Thank you, Marie.

24. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Do Hubbers who left HubPages when they were tired of the rule changes and went to Squidoo - only to find they are now returning - do they qualify for a double welcome?

Like a Prodigal Son sort of thing.

Gee Mark -- I haven't thought about that.  I believe they at least deserve a "welcome back".

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well I remember waving them goodbye - although not with all five fingers.

tch tch tch ....

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages all Squidoo members. This is a great community of writers and I hope you will be very happy here.
      I write Tutorials on Wet Felting and Macro Photography.  I feel very fortunate to have found a way to combine my photography skills with my writing.
      Sally

25. SheGetsCreative profile image58
    SheGetsCreativeposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to reading your pages and interacting. On Squidoo I was "Upon-Request" - and the designated contributor for both TV and Home Organizing/Housekeeping. I'm also a Pinterest addict and chocoholic. wink

You are very welcome, SheGetsCreative.  I hope you enjoy being at HubPages and getting acquainted with the community.

26. Barbara Kay profile image72
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I want to join in welcoming all of the new members. The transition is a hard time for some of you, but I think you'll love Hubpages once you've been here for awhile.

I have been here for 4 years. My favorite topics to write about are crafts, gardening, Bible studies, saving money and more.

I have only one lens left at Squidoo to move, so it isn't a big deal for me, but I can imagine the shock to those that have a lot of writing there. I think you'll all be happy in the end though. The move will just make all of our work stronger.

27. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 9 years ago

Just want to welcome all of you Lensmasters!   I've been on HubPages for about three years.  I write about many different subjects.  I don't have one particular niche.

I can only imagine how apprehensive you folks must be, but you will find the members of HP to be very caring and helpful.  Any questions?   Come to the Forum and ask. 

When I first started here, I wish I had read more tutorial Hubs; there are many.

Again:  welcome to our wonderful HubPages!

28. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

Welcome, all lensmasters! I'm sorry about the upheaval that many of you from Squidoo are experiencing. You have so much to do in such a short amount of time! Once the work is done, though, I'm sure you'll enjoy HubPages.

I write mainly about health and nature, but I also write about other topics, including technology, travel and science education. I enjoy photography as well as writing.

29. LindaSmith1 profile image58
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

As an ex lensmaster I wish all of those who have come to Hub Pages better luck than what we had on Squidoo. Good luck on Hub Pages and looking forward to reading your hubs.

30. HomeArtist profile image60
    HomeArtistposted 9 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome, Phyllis and Linda. I will be using a new account that HP gives me, so I don't know what my new name will be (I just learned I can't use thus one). I'll jot your names down for later. smile

You are welcome HomeArtist. Nice to meet you. I hope your transition to HP goes well for you.

31. LindaSmith1 profile image58

LOL Phyllis!  I jumped the Squidoo ship long ago. Actually, I found out about this change by reading one of the hubs here, only today.  I had 2 lenses on that site left.  I tossed one, copied the other to revamp and post here. I then closed my Squidoo account once and for all.  So, I am one of the lucky ones.  I have very little work to do.

32. LindaSmith1 profile image58

I was a member of Squidoo.  There are a lot of good writers from Squidoo that will come here and of course, many lensmasters are already hubbers too!

Hi LindaSmith1. Welcome to HubPages.

33. profile image0
    tracyarizmendiposted 9 years ago

Hello Hubbers!!
    Thanks for such a warm welcome!! My name is Tracy Arizmendi and I am super excited to be here on HubPages.

Hi Tracy. I believe you will love HubPages. Have fun !

34. KathyMcGraw2 profile image68
    KathyMcGraw2posted 9 years ago

Hello, I am also coming from Squidoo.  I have an acct here that's several years old, but only had 3 hubs.  For several years I was in a group that helped new Squids learn how to write effectively for the site, and now look....I have to learn a new one wink

My main interests are Native American, RVing, Travel, and Photography and those funny little blue men that live deep in the forest! 

Anyway...nice to see this welcoming thread.  And hope to figure out who's who after I'm done with all the logistics of this move.

35. cochitenz profile image76
    cochitenzposted 9 years ago

Never got along with Squidoo, but i'm glad to see both communities joining forces smile!

Best of luck here and i hope you'll transition well!

36. weight loss now 1 profile image61
    weight loss now 1posted 9 years ago

only found out about the merger this afternoon i've not been on squidoo for ages and subsequently my content has been deleted came straight over here and got cracking think i prefer the layout of hubpages better

37. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I wrote my first lens on April 10, 2006, the day that Squidoo came out of beta.  I wrote my first Hub on July 31, 2006, about a week before HubPages came out of beta.

To my Squidilicious brethern, you know me as relache.  Actually, everyone on HubPages knows me by that screen name too.  That and the ever-changing hair colors in my avatars.

Having written at both sites in parallel for eight years, I just revamped my Hub which used to compare the two sites into a Squidoo To HubPages Mover's Guide for all the lensmasters coming over to HubPages who are new to this site.  It's spotlighted on my profile for anyone who's feeling a tad daunted at the moment.  Or even if you aren't.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Excellent hub, relache.  It will help many new hubbers making the transition.  Tweet worthy and shared.

2. Arachnea profile image67

I've been sharing it with other squids and on my profile pages.

3. MJ Martin profile image68
      MJ Martinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Making the transition to Hubpages is going to be much easier now.  I've written here a couple of years now as Ruby H Rose and was known as RubyHRose on Squidoo.  So as not to confuse myself any farther, my squid transfer name is now MJ Martin.  Working my way through boot camp at the moment, waiting for the transition to complete.

It is nice to see other names I recognize from here at Hubpages and from Squidoo too.  Together we can make it, yay!

Oh my gosh ! Ruby/MJ I missed this reply.  Yes, I know you as Ruby and now MJ. also. Good luck and bet wishes to you.

38. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Forum rules prevent Relache posting a link to her OWN helpful Hub, but we are allowed to post a link to OTHER PEOPLE'S Hubs.  Which is very handy because it means I can do this:

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-squidoo

39. momsdoworkathome profile image60
    momsdoworkathomeposted 9 years ago

I am just noticing this forum topic. I didn't know there was a merger. I am looking forward to see what comes of it.

40. Corrinna-Johnson profile image78
    Corrinna-Johnsonposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am Corrinna and I am super excited to get started smile

Hi Corrinna. Best wishes for your transition.

2. kenneth avery profile image79

Hey, Corinna, looking forward to reading your works.

41. esmonaco profile image69
    esmonacoposted 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm Sam (esmonaco) I've already signed up, and look forward to writing here on HupPages. Thanks Again

42. DesignSpace profile image65
    DesignSpaceposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the welcome from me too! Just written my first hub to get the hang of the workshop and I'm liking the feel of the place. Can't wait for the transition!

43. Tricia1000 profile image64
    Tricia1000posted 9 years ago

I have been a Hubber for two years now and have not been very active lately due to other obligations.  I deleted my Squidoo account about three weeks ago after two years on the site. For me the writing was on the wall at that very moment, but Squidoo's closure so soon after deleting my account is still unexpected.  I will edit my saved lenses and post them to HubPages as soon as possible. I have loved my HubPages experience during these two years and I am sure all the new lensmasters from Squidoo will too after getting used to the site.

44. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

It just occurred to me... Are they called squidoos b/c squids squirt ink... and writers, in a sense, squirt ink? Do squids squirt ink too or only octopi? Maybe I should google before I post.

1. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting story...When I was in grade school, we had to dissect squid for a project, to learn about their parts, and, in fact, extracted the ink from those squids; then we tenderized the squids, by pounding them with mallets, and fried them up and ate them. Fun project.

At any rate, yes, squids have, and squirt, ink.

45. Arachnea profile image67
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Where would be a good place to post a request for feedback on a first hub post? I visited the forum and the closest thing I found was for hub challenges. I whipped up a freehand post before I start the migration of my posts. After looking at the hub wizard and using it, I can see my transferred hubs will need a lot of tlc.

Hi Arachnea. For an accurate and helpful tip, check out Marisa's thread and ask questions there. She can help you.
      New forum section for Squidoo refugees   http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123879

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I didn't intend that to be a new thread for that purpose - I was suggesting that HubPages should set up a formal forum for it.

I do have a Hub for Squids, though - if you'd like to post a link to that, you'll find it on the slider on my profile.

Thanks, Marisa.

How to Move From Squidoo to HubPages - What You Need to Know

http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … ed-to-Know

46. kislanyk profile image69
    kislanykposted 9 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome. While waiting for the lenses to be transferred over, I've created my first hub and got featured (wanted to say greenlighted - lol old Squidoo habits die hard), which makes me quite happy. I'm learning!

I really enjoyed the Squidoo platform and I'm sad to see it go. But life is life and we have to adjust if we want to survive. If we had to go to another place, I'm glad it's Hubpages.

Hi kislanyk. Welcome and best wishes to you.

47. Titia profile image92
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Hi, I'm Titia and I'm a Dutchie. I've been writing on Squidoo for the last 4 years, enjoyed the first three, not so much the last year. Had to jump through hoops too many times and that's not easy with a recently new hip. Hubpages is totally new to me, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in due time.

If all goes well, I'll be transferring about 107 lenses. Some good, some dunno yet. I think I'll need to adjust a lot. I'm interested in a lot of things, actually too many. I like to photograph nature's beauty, I write poetry, I'm nuts about roses (had about 200 different ones in my garden untill Winter 2011 killed 2/3 of them). I raise a very rare and old Dutch sheep breed and named my lambs after lensmasters for the last four years. I started to ran out of names, so lots of you Hubbers can count on getting a lamb namesake in the coming years.

English is not my native language so I appologize up front for any grammar mistakes and newly invented words.

My body is 70, my brain still thinks she's 20 and therefor they don't coöperate with each other very smoothly once in a while. I learned to speak English, I learned to speak Squids and I'm sure I will learn to speak Hubs in due time.

Thank you for all the warm welcome.

1. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Titia. I'm sure you will fit in here and find it a very welcoming community. There are a lot of hubbers for who English is not their first language and they have no trouble. I too love diversity in my writing so I look forward to reading your 'hubs' when your squids are transferred. I hope I get a lamb named after me in time smile

2. Arachnea profile image67

How's the lamb naming process going? Did mine name ever get bestowed on one of your babies? Glad to see you over here too.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image94

Hi Titia and welcome to HP.   I will vote for a lamb named after Jodah -- he is a great writer of articles and poetry and is a well-loved hubber, gentle as a lamb and has a kind heart. Best wishes to you.

1. Jodah profile image90

Aw Phyllis, thank you. You are too kind.

... but very honest.   smile

4. Nadine May profile image74
      Nadine Mayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages. Ive only been here for nine months but loving it.

48. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I'm just checking the rules to see if Schnauzers are allowed on HubPages...

Oh yeah - they are.  My mistake, it was Poodles that are the problem.

49. firstday profile image61
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

Ha Ha …funny…so many rules and so little time on the planet…I love animals.

1. Jodah profile image90

Welcome FirstDay. I read your very comprehensive hub about CPAP machines and sleep apnoea ( which my wife suffers from) but couldn't comment as you have "comments" disabled. Are you aware of that. Very few people on HP disallow comments because interaction is a big part of the community here but if that is your choice fine. Just thought I'd point it out in case you aren't aware.

1. firstday profile image61
        firstdayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Jodah,
        I will look into that today…I got some comments on a couple of hubs I thought…maybe that one is set different …to be honest that is something I need to check into…I plan on making that hub even better…Thank you again Jodah

50. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I am lucky to own a Romanian ChiPaxu - very rare.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9190408_f248.jpg

He has no ears. How does he know when you call him?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't know.  The breeder said that's why they cost an extra five hundred dollars.  Good for walks but you need a megaphone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)