The Hub Challenge: 100 Hubs in 30 Days -- are you in?

Jump to Last Post 451-500 of 684 discussions (1064 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

#4 of 30

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Art-of-The-Kiss

Far and away the most time I have ever spent on a hub.

1. profile image0
      ysdataposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me too smile

2. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

Made my first sale off Ebay through a challenge hub (How To Get Kissable Super Soft Feet). Anyone else making sales yet through ebay or amazon??

3. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 15 years ago
  4. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

Published hub number:   05

[but look I just covered 100 hubs in hubpages]

http://hubpages.com/_rat/hub/Difference … f-a-Router

Thanks
    rancidTaste 
    smile

5. lbtrader profile image60
    lbtraderposted 15 years ago
  6. dwilliamson profile image58
    dwilliamsonposted 15 years ago
  7. lbtrader profile image60
  8. Reg Brittain profile image61
    Reg Brittainposted 15 years ago

I have now done 7.  And let me tell you...

lol

Here are some thoughts.

I started the challenge thinking I could do quality and quantity, but now I am not so sure about the quantity part.

And that's fine.

My goal with participating was to figure out the elements of making real money on HubPages -- and that's the goal I think of Court and Hup.

I know we're all doing this for our own reasons -- and nobody's reason is better than another's.

I have spent a lot more time researching than writing this week -- which is not what I would have predicted.  Monday evening, I would have thought that my seemingly extensive keyword research on Monday would have been enough.

Each day, I've thought of some new wrinkle to consider.

Today, I think the old "light went on".  I found Paul Edmondson's hub "How To Find a Niche to Write About".

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Find-a-Niche

It's basically about long tail keyword research, and I ate it up! You might, too.

I spent the afternoon researching new niches based upon his tips, and WOW! I found a few I really want to write.

I think Paul's method shines the light on the path to success 'round here.  But I see now that 100 hubs might not happen for me -- especially since I have to take a couple days to focus on something else.

Given Paul's advice, I did some experimenting tonight with HC hub #7 from me.  One thing I tried was the (very) long trail title, but I think it just may get crawled by morning (I hope), and if I interpreted Paul's advice correctly, I am sure it will land on page 1 of G right away for my target 3-word phrase.  (I'm not boasting.  Paul's hub just really changed things for me.)

If so, you can bet I'll let you know -- and if so, I'm betting on Adsense going up.  And if not, I'll tweak things until all that happens.

I am very much in love with HubPages tonight, and it's all because of this challenge, whether or not I make 100.

If you read this far and you want to see my new hub, here it is.  There's a YouTube clip of me at the bottom of it (which explains the check in my avatar).

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Win-at-G … ker-Online

Go hubbers!

Time for sleep.

smile
    --Reg

9. Rockwell Fitness profile image59

AMish Dating Tips

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amish-Dating-Tips

Have a good laugh..... more to come

10. dwilliamson profile image58
  11. rancidTaste profile image61

Published hub number:   06

How to Configure DNS Server Addresses in Windows XP?

Thanks
    rancidTaste 
    smile

12. dwilliamson profile image58
  13. dwilliamson profile image58

I also checked out a hub I did on my characters, Fawn and Spot, that I just posted this morning. I typed Fawn and Spot into Google and my hub, The Life of Fawn and Spot so far is at #3.

http://www.bedtymetales.com/stat2.jpg

14. rancidTaste profile image61

I search Google by Hubchallenge tips and Hubchallenge guides

Amazing....mine is Google's 1st and 2nd position

http://i39.tinypic.com/2u97ias.jpg

smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

15. rancidTaste profile image61

Published hub number:   07

Trends of wireless technology

Thanks
    rancidTaste 
    smile

16. Apepperson profile image61
    Apeppersonposted 15 years ago

Now this is an exciting challenge! I wish I had the time, just a few more hours in a day and I could do this. It takes me about an hour to hour and half to do a hub. But I will be watching for all these great new hubs to come out!

17. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I'm starting to run out of steam... I've got 18 published and 2 more left for the day plus 1 to write and probably publish.. I'm just out of steam. :-(

I don't have time to search google for my hubs, but I know that not had many views on my stats for google for the HC hubs that I've published so far. Eh, I'm not too worried about it... In time, I'm sure the views will come. Can't really see too much in just 5 days I suppose.

18. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 15 years ago

The Unofficial Guide To The HubPages Capstone Hub Program

I think I should do a hub on "Celebrating Useless Keyword Victories" tongue big_smile

19. Rockwell Fitness profile image59

What are water soluble vitamins?

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-are-Water-Soluble-Vitamins

20. dwilliamson profile image58
  21. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
  22. ratcliffe07 profile image59
    ratcliffe07posted 15 years ago

OH!!!! Can I still do this??? I just now understood what this was all about! I would love to do it!  Yay!

23. profile image0
    ysdataposted 15 years ago
  24. Reg Brittain profile image61

To Anyone Running Out of Steam, or Just Adrift, in the Hub Challenge,

Yesterday's post by Court on his blog -- TheKeyWordAcademy.com -- may just help you.

I found it helpful.  If you also read the comments, you'll see our on Lissie there with some great input.

http://thekeywordacademy.com/adversity- … ey-online/

big_smile
    --Reg

1. profile image0

Thanks for the link

25. profile image0

The stats that are listed on http://hubpages.com/hub/Diary-Of-A-Mad- … You-Part-2 are from all my hubs not just the hubs in the hubchallenge.  And the adsense amount doesn't include revenue from my personal blog and other resources, just hubpages.

26. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 15 years ago

So far so good for me.  I have 15 hubs is five days.

27. dwilliamson profile image58
  28. MauKat profile image71
    MauKatposted 15 years ago

I know I am jumping on the bandwagon a little late, but I still think I can do it!  I am going to try for 100 hubs in 30 days, but I will be really happy if I can do the 30 hubs in 30 days.  I do have a family and a full time job.  Good luck everyone and I have been enjoying reading all the new hubs.

29. doctorjay profile image59
    doctorjayposted 15 years ago
  30. lbtrader profile image60

Myth of the plumed Serpent

Who was Quetzalcoatl

31. Moonmaiden profile image67
    Moonmaidenposted 15 years ago

I don't know what number I'm on but at least I'm still going: http://hubpages.com/hub/Garden-Crafts-T … our-Garden

1. profile image0

to see how many hubs you have publish for the hubchallenge go to http://hubpages.com/author/username/hubchallenge/hot (replace username with your username)

32. rancidTaste profile image61

Published hub number:   12

How to Quickly Minimize All Windows

Thanks
    rancidTaste 
    smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

33. dwilliamson profile image58
  34. dwilliamson profile image58
  35. dwilliamson profile image58
  36. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago
  37. dwilliamson profile image58
  38. LobeliaToadfoot profile image60
    LobeliaToadfootposted 15 years ago

Hi--I'm taking up the Hub Challenge, too, even though I'm four days late.  I've been posting about one Hub a day this week anyway, so I'll at least aim for 30.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! The weekend is a great time to start!

I have a ton of people in town this weekend, so my Hubbing has pretty much stopped for now. But, I'll be back in it (and catching up) next week!

39. profile image0
  40. melbournebars profile image69
    melbournebarsposted 15 years ago

#4 Paul Dano - Upcoming actor
    #5 Bangkok Hilton - Classic Aussie Film with a young Nicole Kidman
    #6 Monash University - Australia's largest university

41. rancidTaste profile image61
  42. lbtrader profile image60

18 -

When looking for exotic wine look no further than Snake Blood Wine

Name Your Poison

43. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 15 years ago

Damn ... did I really say I'd do 100?  Well, that was the idea, then I picked up some freelance work which needed to be done this week, so I'm a bit (lot) behind now.

Just published my first, so that's 1/100 ... and tweeted it.

Bonus points for tweeting.

smile

God, whatever will I write about in the next 99????

44. Reg Brittain profile image61
  45. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
  46. Rockwell Fitness profile image59

Biking Tips for Mormans

http://hubpages.com/hub/Biking-Tips-for-Mormans

enjoy the laugh

47. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago
  48. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
  49. profile image0

I've just made my 40th post for the Hubchallenge http://hubpages.com/hub/Mortgage-Sellin … er-In-Jail

50. dwilliamson profile image58

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)